San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 07:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: my mom told me today and my son tonight, that paper products; toilet paper, paper towels, napkins are nearly impossible to purchase because of the hoarding!
my mom is in tucson and my son in phoenix. he just returned from a corporate trip to Pittsburgh, same there! 
LTR, my family has informed of the same and you and debbie st. onge are verify the news.
i went to sam's club early this morning. they at the moment have LOTS!! 

Attached Image (viewed 535 times):

20200314_091808.jpg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 07:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
while i was there everyone shopping had toilet paper in their carts! i bought some and paper towels and canned chicken.

Attached Image (viewed 533 times):

20200314_113451.jpg

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
canned chicken, hmm well will see!

Attached Image (viewed 535 times):

20200314_113723.jpg

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i thought maybe i should also add to my medical supplies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Image (viewed 534 times):

20200314_123033.jpg

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I can assure everyone here that up in the USA right now (I'm in California) media coverage of the shortages is not exaggerating the situation.  Drove by Costco this morning at 8AM....they open at 9:30.  There were 250 people in line.  It's like that every morning.  Whole supermarket aisles completely cleared out.  Restaurants empty.  Service workers taking a big hit (I'm still going to restaurants and getting take-out to help support them). When I was at Costco the other day they had just put out bottled water and people were grabbing them like it was free money.  Do they really think their tap will run dry?

I am definitely NOT one to hoard.  We buy what we need but it can be tough to find, which makes you want to buy more because you're afraid it won't be there the next time you need it.  I'm convinced that if the media would not cover it the hoarding the situation would improve in short order.  The panic is irrational but it's there.  Please try to only buy what you reasonably need.

I would guess it's just a matter of time before it happens in Guaymas.

The only thing people really do need right now is Clorox wipes, soap, Lysol, etc., so I can (only sorta) understand those shortages.  Maybe paper towels if you're anal about cleaning, but you really don't need to worry about cleaning your own home unless someone there has the virus.  It's not like it's going to bust through the front door and contaminate your house.

Anyway, enough of my venting.  It's frustrating.  Be prepared, no need to panic, and I hate to say this, but there will probably be shortages down there soon as well.

Last edited on Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:50 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If warehouses in the states run out, I doubt if Mexico gets new stock prior to closer destinations.

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Mike Rivers

Mana: 
jimmy, but there is a vaccine for the flu

Last edited on Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:45 pm by Mike Rivers

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
My sister, who I earlier mentioned likely HAS the coronavirus in Spain, just sent me this picture which couldn't more perfectly capture the mood here for the more paranoid in California/USA.  Enjoy.

Attached Image (viewed 505 times):

IMG-20200313-WA0016.jpg

Posted: Sat Mar 14th, 2020 11:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
frankie

Mana: 
being prepared "vs" panic hoarding

* most who are prepared are already well stocked, probably making a few purchases to "top things off" and are capable of taking care of themselves, even when the shelves are empty! 

* panic hoarders, have been caught with their pants down, and do not know or have the judgement of what do! they will be the dangerous ones, when everything runs out !! 
there are already videos circulating of 2 women fighting over a bundle of toilet paper! one has a shopping cart LOADED with bundles of toilet paper! 

here is a photo of what i bought this morning, no HOARDING just topping off!

Attached Image (viewed 492 times):

20200314_094111.jpg

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 02:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
390pony

Mana: 
That incident took place in Australia.

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Mike Rivers wrote: jimmy, but there is a vaccine for the fluYet we have had thousands die from the flu this season.....

There is No vaccine for Panic.....And, we still can't cure STUPID...But a nurse told me that STUPID can be sedated

Where it comes to having necessary supplies on hand----For sometime now I have been actively accumulating Long Term Storage of Living Necessities so I can get by a year or more...Just in case SHTF....

All is well As I continue my Self Imposed Quarantine guarding against The Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses who are certainly going to DIE.... 

when you die can i have your stuff?

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Yes

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 03:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote:
Where it comes to having necessary supplies on hand----For sometime now I have been actively accumulating Long Term Storage of Living Necessities so I can get by a year or more...Just in case SHTF....

jimmy, there was never any doubt in my mind you would be prepared!

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 03:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Hook

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: I can assure everyone here that up in the USA right now (I'm in California) media coverage of the shortages is not exaggerating the situation.  Drove by Costco this morning at 8AM....they open at 9:30.  There were 250 people in line.  It's like that every morning.  

This is REALLY bad.

There's probably no Costco hot dogs to be had, at this point.

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 03:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
You can still get your hot dogs! I feel for the service people. They will suffer the most with this panic. Having always worked from home, my life hasn't changed much. Everything is cancelled in Tucson as far as events, or any gatherings.

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Everything is not cancelled in Tucson. There are several car-related events being held, including the national show I am chairing the last weekend of the month.

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the attempt we are undergoing in the USA for social "physical" distancing in important to "flatten the curve"!
 the less people out, the less people contaminated.
 this will allow for a better control and prevent our health facilities and first responders from becoming over run!

we are a country by it's inception of "REBELS" , it will be difficult for some to follow the suggested rules!

much like having unprotected sex with a stranger, some will and some won't! 
in the end the one's who headed suggest advice will hopefully be better off than those who didn't!

selfishness has no place in today's outlook, be safe, have patience, look forward to a brighter future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Sun Mar 15th, 2020 04:51 pm by frankie

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 05:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
SBT

Mana: 
Here is a link to the Mexican Ministry of Health daily updates. It has further links showing the number of confirmed cases including their locations and the number of suspected cases with each of their locations. It is in Spanish, but can be easily understood with just some basic Spanish knowledge.

So far, nothing in our area.

https://www.gob.mx/salud/documentos/nuevo-coronavirus-2019-ncov-comunicado-tecnico-diario

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
frankie

Mana: 
SBT, great link, thank you.
 reading, an alarming amount of the confirmed cases are coming from people who came in from Italy, Spain, and USA! 

this may correlate with the other thread "semana santa dates have been moved" and post, regarding students returning home from Europe for semana santa!
 hopefully there will be precautionary procedures in place. so these returning students and travelers can be properly quarantined in designated facilities!

Last edited on Sun Mar 15th, 2020 05:24 pm by frankie

Posted: Sun Mar 15th, 2020 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
jimw

Mana: 
So, people coming to San Carlos for Semana Santa and those already here. Two groups- old and young. This is early on in the game where not many people are infected in Sonora with crona virus. Young, non infected people gathered in a group pose no infections threat. In the unlikely event that there are a few who may be infectious there will be many non infectious once that will act as buffers. Meaning that in case anyone sneezes then chances are that those around that person will be able to fight of an infection if they got infected.
With so much information out there I am sure anyone showing symptoms will quickly be identified by the kids themselves and hopefully somewhat contained.
It is just a matter of time. Everyone in this world will eventually be exposed to this virus much like the many flu strains already that are here.
The governments are trying to slow this exposure so that those who end up being severely infected will have enough resources to look after them.
Most of the people attending Semana Santa will be able to fight the virus should they get infected. If they show symptoms then these will mostly be when they will be back at home. There is no guarantee that they would not have caught anything at home either.
Since there is no cure then identification of the virus does not change the outcome. So not to worry about test kits for everyone. Save the test kits for those vulnerable to getting severe symptoms so that early supportive treatment can begin.
Those who have concerns can very easily isolate themselves at home since the Semana Santa crowds are isolated to the beaches and the main road.
Generally speaking we need a trickle of people fighting it and becoming immune and hence slowing the spread. Almost like when vaccines are given but in this case it is an immunity acquired by direct exposure.
Identification of those who have fought this strain of the virus is valuable so that if needed these individuals can be frontline helpers in hospitals if needed.
Of course everyone has the right to be concerned about their health but is it any better when everyone in the restaurant or store is older and falls in the category of vulnerable to sever symptoms?
I say let the young crowds come and then disperse away like always.
For those who are concerned please locate to an area where there will be resources to look after you in case you need that care.

Current time is 04:06 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems