San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 01:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
761st Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Now is not the time to get complacent. I know it is hard when you see people out and about seemingly enjoying life as if there is no problem. I know I want to be one of those I see enjoying everything this town has to offer. I want to try the new Coralito or La Calaca Restaurant or just be with my friends. But I can't. I have to do everything to the best of ability to decrease my risk of getting the virus. Hopefully it is only a temporary inconvenience.

Now is the time to take everything you have done to be safe to the next level. Shop Amazon for some good masks, stock up on any meds you might need this winter, reevaluate your stockpile of foods and cleaning supplies and make plans to get the flu shot. The next period of infections and deaths due to the virus are going to be overwhelming. Do not get complacent now.

Respected models state deaths are projected to double within the next four months to over 400,000 in the U.S. Daily death rates are expected to triple to 3,000 per day as well. That is within the next FOUR months! It is going to get worse. Now is not the time to forget the seriousness of this pandemic.

Hopefully we are in the homestretch of developing a vaccine against this virus but one has to get through this next horrible period to benefit from it. Don't let your guard down now. This is still a dangerous time and going to get worse.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/u-s-coronavirus-deaths-projected-to-more-than-double-to-410000-by-january-idUSKBN25V2A7

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 01:29 am by Benito_Villa

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 03:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
762nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
DocD wrote: Decline in new coronavirus case numbers has stalled, says López-GatellEasing of restrictions responsible 'but we cannot keep society permanently cloistered'

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/decline-in-new-coronavirus-case-numbers-has-stalled/

boy is that depressing. 

I thought the idea was to cloister for a month to wipe it out, not do it partially so that is wipes us and the economy out month after month.

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 03:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
763rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Benito_Villa wrote: Now is not the time to get complacent. I know it is hard when you see people out and about seemingly enjoying life as if there is no problem. I know I want to be one of those I see enjoying everything this town has to offer. I want to try the new Coralito or La Calaca Restaurant or just be with my friends. But I can't. I have to do everything to the best of ability to decrease my risk of getting the virus. Hopefully it is only a temporary inconvenience.

Now is the time to take everything you have done to be safe to the next level. Shop Amazon for some good masks, stock up on any meds you might need this winter, reevaluate your stockpile of foods and cleaning supplies and make plans to get the flu shot. The next period of infections and deaths due to the virus are going to be overwhelming. Do not get complacent now.

Respected models state deaths are projected to double within the next four months to over 400,000 in the U.S. Daily death rates are expected to triple to 3,000 per day as well. That is within the next FOUR months! It is going to get worse. Now is not the time to forget the seriousness of this pandemic.

Hopefully we are in the homestretch of developing a vaccine against this virus but one has to get through this next horrible period to benefit from it. Don't let your guard down now. This is still a dangerous time and going to get worse.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/u-s-coronavirus-deaths-projected-to-more-than-double-to-410000-by-january-idUSKBN25V2A7

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

I think this is very good advice.

But I'am not that worried about stock piling as over 90% of the population looks like they will survive the sickness, even if 100% of us gets sick.

Society can still supply 95% of what is essential,  even with that huge loss of life.

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 03:19 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 04:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
764th Post
frankiej

Mana: 

the selves are stocked and the supply chain hasn't been broken. "but"we have already seen panic buying when this started and it was for the most part isolated in different cities of the USA and here in Mexico. 

today it is entirely different, there isn't a place in the USA and Mexico where the virus hasn't struck. people refuse to adhere to precautionary protocol. which makes the growth and spread of the virus, to were we are now in an uncontrollable environment.

our hospitals here where over whelmed, using hotels for the over flow.
 when have the medical personal had an opportunity to rest??? that is also a major factor in the treatment of the public.
 many of the banks in Guaymas where temporarily closed.
 but businesses in general here, never really closed.

most of the people i know who where infected, remained at home. they where able to afford physicians assisting them. that is not an option for the general masses.

we where placed in amarillo "yellow" so now the guard is down.
 the border was a sieve and remains a sieve.
 San Carlos is packed this weekend with visiting tourists, most the vehicles i have seen had Sonora plates.
 infections and deaths here remain at an unacceptable level. 

anyone who has lived here for any amount of time knows well, when the fall comes "gripa" flu is rampant here. add the gripa/flu with covid-19, the masses will panic!

that is when it could be possible for the supply chain to stop. i am stocked up and have been stocked. nothing i purchased will go to waste, it can and will be used when needed or used later.

i have no problem maintaining my precautionary procedures. i am not miserable and i have the discipline to do so.

there has been only one ignorant posting here, who said "we all are going to die", we all know now that is far from the truth.  this is like a roll of the dice.

Attached Image (viewed 425 times):

20200426_094232.jpg

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 12:59 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
765th Post
DocD

Mana: 
Everything you guys said is on the money. To look at life here you would never know we are in a pandemic.
 There was a band outside Hammers the last few nights. When the bars start to stay open until 1 or 2 am  and have the  bands back, the numbers of infected will go up . That had been the case in all the states that allowed bars to open prematurely. 
Like Benito said I want to be out there too. Like many of us, I am a regular at the Captains Club ( and most of the other cantinas lol) . Then I'd be at Iguanas on a Friday or Saturday night until 1 or 2 am. Like most of us here I am going crazy staying home. Especially when you can't help but see and hear all these people having a great time.I was on my patio last night listening to the band (they were very good, A lot of classic rock) at Hammers  and I was very tempted to go for a couple beers. The angel on my right shoulder won the battle with the devil on my left last night and I stayed home.  I knew it would be a lot of people without masks standing a foot apart.

This is only a lull in the storm.

According to Fauci we are still in the middle of the first wave.........https://bgr.com/2020/09/03/coronavirus-update-fauci-new-cases-fall-below-10000/

And a couple other issues .. 
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-pmn/mexico-says-122765-extra-people-died-during-pandemic-in-excess-deaths-study

Also...... On the weekends in Empalme there are no doctors to see people with Covid symptoms so they send them to Guaymas.  Many don't have cars so they go on public transportation.
Isn't that special?

https://www.radarsonora.com/sin-servicio-medico-el-modulo-covid-19-en-el-hospital-imss-de-empalme/

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 09:38 pm by DocD

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
766th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Google: Mexico is running out of death Certificates.

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 09:54 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Mon Sep 7th, 2020 01:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
767th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here is a report, how the restaurants fared  this weekend.
Se recuperan restaurantes de San Carlos; lleno total este domingo | Radar So

in my ventures out and about this weekend, my observations where car loads with Sonora plates. the few NOB plated cars appeared to be local residents.

within 2 weeks just like every holiday weekend prior, we will start seeing the impact of the spread of covid-19. more case being reported, the hospitals stressed out, the death toll higher.

if this where a horror movie you where attending, you would leave the theater for the movie being so unbelievable.

Posted: Mon Sep 7th, 2020 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
768th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
https://www.elimparcial.com/sonora/sonora/Video-Exhiben-operacion-de-bar-en-San-Carlos-por-falta-de-medidas-sanitarias-20200906-0028.html

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
769th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"within 2 weeks just like every holiday weekend prior, we will start seeing the impact of the spread of covid-19. more case being reported, the hospitals stressed out, the death toll higher."
It will be interesting to see if this portent comes to fruition, I personally think it will. Remember the dates, and follow along for the next, ten days plus.

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 01:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
770th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the ominous headline states; it is time we can assume covid-19 is here to stay.

Es momento de asumir que el Covid-19 llegó para quedarse | Radar Sonora

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 01:35 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
771st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
UCLA, Stanford study finds for average 50-64 year old, chances of dying from COVID-19 are 1 in 19.1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDkY9z908M

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 03:36 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
772nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
And yet the panic continues thanks to the media.

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
773rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
from the beginning, most knew that it wasn't fatal for everyone. now with good treatment the risk of death is considerably less.
i think the fear most have are the unknown after affects. many survivors are relating a variety of problematic symptoms.
we are still to early in what is to be learned of this virus.

then there is the long time future affects that can occur, similar to the chicken pox virus "varcella zoster" remaining in our systems and coming out later as shingles "herpes zoster".

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 04:28 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 05:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
774th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Yes 390Pony, another brilliant statement. If the virus would just stop being talked about it will just magically go away and quit affecting the economy, peoples livelihood and their well being. 

Death count is nearly 1 million worldwide. It is now the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. The virus has caused people their jobs, hurt the economy and affected many, many peoples health in long lasting ways. Hundreds of thousands are missing their loved ones today and hundreds of thousands more are expected to die within the 4 months. You are espousing that the media should not be reporting on this pandemic and thus causing an unfounded panic.

Yes 390pony, it is the medias fault. Simply brilliant.

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 05:18 pm by Benito_Villa

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 05:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
775th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Your numbers are way inflated. And, I'm not saying stop talking about the virus, obviously it exists and is a problem. What is wrong is all the hysteria promoted by the media.

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
776th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
If, and I say if, this is being media driven, one cannot help but suspect that it has become a political football. Now we wait and see which side of the line uses it to their advantage best.

If and I say if, a vaccine is found, it will also play a big part in this football game.

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 05:56 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
777th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
390pony, the numbers are inflated? So it is all just a big conspiracy against the truth. Everybody is in on it worldwide? All of the experts that were considered the cream of the crop and the envy of the world not long ago are now liars and in on this conspiracy theory? 

Are you one of those that also thinks children are killed in California to harvest adrenochrome for the Hollywood elite? Do you believe they serve human flesh at a restaurant called Cannibal Club in LA? How about Bill Gates is implanting microchips in the vaccines so he can control everyone? Here's another good one. The democrats are led by members of a cabal of Satan worshiping pedophiles running a world wide sex trafficking ring that President Trump is secretly confronting. All of these are supposedly well known but being kept secret by the media. 

This is crazy a** stuff in my book believed by the gullible who takes anything being spoon fed to them under the guise of "inside information" that others do not possess or have the mental capability to comprehend. 

How far do you believe that this is all being controlled by the media?

Last edited on Tue Sep 8th, 2020 06:54 pm by Benito_Villa

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
778th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I have said many times before that my fear is not death from Covid 19, its heart damage or permanent lung damage.
There are a lot more consequences here than just the number of dead

.......COVID-19 Can Wreck Your Heart, Even if You Haven’t Had Any Symptoms
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-can-wreck-your-heart-even-if-you-havent-had-any-symptoms/

Also just last week there were 15 college football players that had recovered from mild symptoms of Covid 19 . These are 20 year old men in the best shape and health possible and they all had cardiomyopathy .

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
779th Post
DocD

Mana: 
There is also economic destruction.....
"The economic devastation in Mexico is terrible and is going to get worse."

Article: It took decades to build Mexico’s middle class. The coronavirus could demolish it!

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-09-05/it-took-decades-to-build-mexicos-middle-class-the-coronavirus-threatens-to-demolish-it-in-a-matter-of-months

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 07:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
780th Post
390pony

Mana: 
The economic destruction is the worst of it.

Current time is 08:26 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems