San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Aug 10th, 2020 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
661st Post
Angel

Mana: 
The prices I posted are what they were charging directly at Laboratorio Ramos a few weeks ago. Dr Laux may add some extra if they take the sample, I suppose.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Aug 11th, 2020 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
662nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
article on Johnson and Johnson vaccine clinical trail results

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/09/this-could-be-ace-in-the-hole-for-johnson-johnson.aspx

Posted: Sun Aug 16th, 2020 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
663rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Marina parking lot completely filled.
San Franciso Beach parking lot with over 100 cars
All the restaurants and hotels very busy with lots full and overflowing
Maybe 15% of the folks wearing facemasks around 7pm Saturday.

Posted: Sun Aug 16th, 2020 04:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
664th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
What a surprise. It's the new game in town - virus roulette. I cough one time and we see if you die.

Posted: Sun Aug 16th, 2020 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
665th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
https://news.yahoo.com/health-official-thinks-coronavirus-peaked-011309631.html

Posted: Sun Aug 16th, 2020 09:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
666th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the only sound advice from this article is this quote;

But he also predicted that second waves of infections would continue occurring around the world for some time. “This is a phenomenon that is going to be with us in the whole world for several years,” he said.

Posted: Sun Aug 16th, 2020 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
667th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
"Assistant Health Secretary"...is that like Assistant Manager? Every Circle K has one.....

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 01:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
668th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
there where health inspection officials on the beaches this weekend. it was as effective as using one sheet of toilet paper after relieving yourself.

Inspecciona UMPC playas de Guaymas y San Carlos | Radar Sonora

Russian vaccine being promoted by AMLO. even stating if it functions he would be the first to take it,

Si la vacuna rusa funciona, yo sería el primero en ponérmela y solicitarla para México: AMLO | EL IMPARCIAL | Noticias de México y el mundo

Rusia produce un primer lote de 15 mil dosis de vacuna Sputnik V, contra la Covid-19 | EL IMPARCIAL | Noticias de México y el mundo

Last edited on Mon Aug 17th, 2020 02:28 pm by frankiej

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
669th Post
DocD

Mana: 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/russia-s-approval-covid-19-vaccine-less-meets-press-release

Attached Image (viewed 325 times):

571aeb36-b69f-4650-a330-8fcc78a78915-1.jpg

Last edited on Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:30 pm by DocD

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
670th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
hahahahaha!

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
671st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Oh, that’s a great cartoon!
Already passed it on to some friends...

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
672nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: there where health inspection officials on the beaches this weekend. it was as effective as using one sheet of toilet paper after relieving yourself.

Inspecciona UMPC playas de Guaymas y San Carlos | Radar Sonora

Russian vaccine being promoted by AMLO. even stating if it functions he would be the first to take it,

Si la vacuna rusa funciona, yo sería el primero en ponérmela y solicitarla para México: AMLO | EL IMPARCIAL | Noticias de México y el mundo

Rusia produce un primer lote de 15 mil dosis de vacuna Sputnik V, contra la Covid-19 | EL IMPARCIAL | Noticias de México y el mundo

The article reports they checked 7 different beaches. I also know of people that the police cited and fined on the beach patroling in their black uniforms.  It was over a 100 in the sun with 70% humidity.

Please tell us what more you think the health, police and marines should be doing to encourage people to comply? 

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
673rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
DocD wrote:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/russia-s-approval-covid-19-vaccine-less-meets-press-release

Good one Doc. 

They are calling their vaccine the Sputnik, rubbing our noses in it about being first to do the hard stuff. Looks like Putin has a sense of humor too.

Last edited on Mon Aug 17th, 2020 08:56 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
674th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: . I also know of people that the police cited and finedPlease tell us what more you think the health, police and marines should be doing to encourage people to comply? 

i also know of 3 captains who have died at the marina, friends who have been infected and one at home using oxygen, and the locals all saying 
"es un desmadre aqui"!

if i cut myself i place a bandage on it. if the wound is sever and i have cut an artery i place pressure on it and if necessary use a tourniquet.

the point is we, Sonora never plateaued to an acceptable point in "rojo" to move to "naranga"!

* your post # 663 warns us the beaches, restaurants and marina parking lot are are packed. 
* your post# 642 Guaymas was been coded red this afternoon, so I wonder if there will be a push to close the beaches and marina again. No checkpoint on Beltrones, and the tourists are arriving in mass. Lots of people and traffic in town,

you offer no verification and are leading some into a false since of security.
you are like a ping pong ball bouncing back in forth with your intended message!

if you have a torn in your bottom, i didn't place it there. 
 so please stop using me as your pinata, it's getting a little annoying!!
you and i have a lot in common, it is of no value for any the readers to loose trust in you or i! we both have the better understanding of the way it  is here in Sonora! peace!!

Last edited on Mon Aug 17th, 2020 10:08 pm by frankiej

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
675th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I am saying that the authorities are doing what they can to encourage people to follow the guidelines and you are complaining about them doing their job, misinterpreting that very article you posted.

Then I take a drive and post 1st hand info on the crowds in SC this weekend. I guess you don't believe me as you are asking for more verification.

And when I say the beaches and restaurants are packed, that folks aren't wearing masks, do you think I am saying this is safe, encouraging them to join the crowd? Problems with english too?

Figure it out.

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 10:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
676th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
whoooa hold your horses, i know the beaches, bars and restaurants, marina parking lot are packed, there was never any doubt there, i have eyes too!!

San Carlos has miles of beaches sending a few health workers out is near futile!
 we have little disagreement with the attempt of the uniformed authorities, the problem lies with the political authorities.

it is you who are misunderstanding, i clearly stated your post #642 you wrote we are now in "rojo" those are your words. that is where i stated you offered no verification.
if you are going to quote me keep it in the context it was written.

regarding the article i pasted it was only a long running sentence, with 2 photos clearly showing people in the back round of the same inspector within 2 meters of each and no masks on.
 here is the picture of the inspector postured in disgust and in the back round the people within 2 meters and no masks.

Attached Image (viewed 303 times):

20200817_154524.jpg

Last edited on Mon Aug 17th, 2020 10:55 pm by frankiej

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
677th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
That's right, we are in Rojo, I am again warning everyone.

We're done.

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2020 12:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
678th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Listening to you two brought back the famous quote from Alan Greenspan:

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2020 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
679th Post
Kathy R

Mana: 
Right on, Bart!!

Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2020 12:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
680th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Last week Sec Gatell in Mexico City reported less cases in Mexico Cities and that he hopes the downward trend would continue.

I am not sure if that is true, but here in Sonora the University of Sonora is doing the statistics on our Covid in our area.

The way I interpret the graphs for our cities the number of new reported cases on a daily and weekly basis seems to be decreasing slightly for Hermosillo and Guaymas, although the recorded # of deaths per week seems pretty constant.

Local media also reports fewer deaths and cases in Guaymas and Empalme which surprises me in view of the high influx of tourists we have had lately. Anyway here is the link if this interests you.

https://www.mat.uson.mx/coronavirus/#municipios

Current time is 08:02 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems