San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2020 11:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
621st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Mexico is number 4 in the world with health care worker deaths.

México es el quinto país donde fallecen más trabajadores de la salud por Covid-19: Amnistía Internacional

the Health Secretary of Sonora is asking all to do their part to help Sonora's health care workers, by following the guidelines of using masks, washing hands, physical distancing.

Llama Clausen Iberri a ayudar a personal de salud a combatir la pandemia evitando contagios | Radar Sonora

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2020 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
622nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The US will hit 3.5 million confirmed cases tonight. The rest of the world has around 10m cases, so US cases are more 1 out of 4.

For every american there are about 20 people in the rest of the world, according to my calculation.

Last edited on Thu Jul 16th, 2020 01:22 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2020 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
623rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
No one ever said freedom and liberty does not come without a cost. Factor that in with stupidity and you have 3.5 million cases.

Posted: Fri Jul 17th, 2020 04:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
624th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
10 deaths in Hmo and only one in Guaymas today.

Don't hold your breath, but that's a lot lower than its been in a long time.

But the small towns that surround Hmo are now all reporting a few total cases even in these super low density towns of 100-1000 residents.

Posted: Fri Jul 17th, 2020 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
625th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
This is a good article on our Drs continued success in lowering death rates of those entering hospitals

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/45131b87-f1d3-3e21-9a2e-10d99ff9e39f/why-coronavirus-deaths-remain.html

Posted: Tue Jul 21st, 2020 10:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
626th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Bullshipper, unfortunately 20 fatalities from Fri through Mon. What's rough is the sheer numbers in Guaymas... 620 cases, 106 deaths. 17% fatality rate is a concern.

Alamos is climbing. They are at 40, but only about 5 to 8 active cases currently, with no fatalities. Folks are angry about the extremes the municipality took (first to shut down in all of Mexico), but it worked.  It's slowly opening up more and more. Folks are getting tired and some hotels have announced permanent closure as it's been a tough 4 1/2 months.

I'm  actually in NY at the moment (Essential Worker Travel).  Arrived Sunday and I'm in quarantine in a hotel until my test results return.  I was also required to Test in Arizona two weeks ago too.  Anyway, here in NY I was greeted at the airport immediately after deplaning to make sure that I had filed all necessary paperwork and ordered to go directly to quarantine. First thing next morning I went for a test. I couldn't believe the testing at the SUNY Albany Campus... they can easily perform 500 tests an hour without folks even leaving their cars.  I receive several phone calls, texts and emails from NYS gov't entitites monitoring my health and whereabouts every day. Yeah, no sneaking out of the hotel to grab a BigMac or a Beer that's for sure.  I keep looking out the windows of my hotel room to spot those Black Chevy Suburbans in the parking lot.... Orwell would be proud...

It's money and resources... That's the difference... However, they are open for business... it's just that everyone keeps their distance (not hard for New Yorkers), washes hands and wears masks. Oh, and they have money and resources...

I watch Nogales too... and they appear to be slowing down on new cases and deaths.... which is good.

Will be interesting to watch the effects of the Orange Traffic Light throughout Sonora.

Last edited on Tue Jul 21st, 2020 10:43 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
627th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
One of my many nephews is a young Covid Dr at the IMSS main hospital in Hemosillo, and has been there from the start.

He says it has been really tragic to see all the loss of life, but commented they are saving a lot of patients.

He feels that the fatalities are folks who already had a lot of serious pre-existing conditions like untreated diabetis, heart conditions that they were not paying attention too.He in no way is trying to diminish anything, but it did give me hope after talking to him. Those of us on Medicare recieving medications and regular checkups are probably in a ,ot better condition that the poor folks he is seeing suffer in other words.

I personally think that people should be looking at aquiring a 2 person 24/7 Oxygen Concentrator that they can get from Amazon for $400 as Oxygen bottles are not available for new customers, and the lines to refill existing one are very long at Infra. But I am no Dr and everyone should consult their physician prior prior to doing anything.

Last edited on Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 02:39 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
628th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
they released a grandmother from the hospital here in Guaymas, because she was doing better, so she could continue her recuperation at home. she was there an hour and passed away. she was 67 years young.
Abuelita es dada de alta del área de Covid-19 y muere al llegar a su casa en Guaymas - Opinión Sonora

Posted: Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 11:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
629th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
First the US.

Then Australia.

Hopefully not Mexico next.

The dangers of complacency, repeated.

Australians are ignoring self-isolation guidelines. Coronavirus cases are climbing.

Last edited on Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 11:32 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
630th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I wrote 3 or 4 weeks ago on how Covid 19 affects much more than the lungs and is nothing like the flu. Here is an excellent  article on a new study just completed a few days ago. It is from a group of doctors from Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City.

https://bgr.com/2020/07/22/coronavirus-symptoms-extrapulmonary-damage-brain-heart-kidney-liver-skin/  

To those people who still this is a hoax or no worse than the flu .. PLEASE READ

Last edited on Fri Jul 24th, 2020 08:21 pm by DocD

Posted: Sun Jul 26th, 2020 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
631st Post
DocD

Mana: 
COVID-19 – HOW YOU’RE MOST LIKELY TO CATCH IT.

HIGHEST RISK......
Hosting or attending an indoor party.
Playing contact sports.
Flying in a plane or any type of air travel.
Using Public transport.
Going to religious gatherings.
Spending time at bars, nightclubs, concerts, or sports events.

MEDIUM TO HIGH RISK............
Exercising in the gym.
Working inside an office.
Going to a hair, nail or beauty salon.
Sitting indoors at a restaurant.

MEDIUM RISK......
Visiting hospitals.
Going to the dentist.
Riding in a taxicab.
Outdoor restaurant dining.

LOW TO MEDIUM RISK..........
Playing outdoor, non-contact sports.
Grocery shopping.
Retail visits.

LOW RISK......
Staying at home.
Outdoor walks.
Running or biking, with no more than one other person.
Picnics or ‘al fresco’ eating.
Picking up food and drink from takeaway outlets.

BE SMART   STAY SAFE

Posted: Sun Jul 26th, 2020 08:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
632nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
Guess it's safe to riot and protest.

Posted: Sun Jul 26th, 2020 09:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
633rd Post
DocD

Mana: 
Protest outside with mask on . Medium risk.

There are  much worse things people are currently doing from a health standpoint.

Posted: Mon Jul 27th, 2020 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
634th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
sent to me on whats app

Attached Image (viewed 597 times):

IMG-20200726-WA0002.jpg

Posted: Mon Jul 27th, 2020 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
635th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
a reality check from last weekends visitors to the local beaches. some are concerned other than the thrash what else was left behind.
Así quedaron las playas de Guaymas, ayer domingo | Radar Sonora

Posted: Sat Aug 1st, 2020 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
636th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Mexico is now number 3 in the world with convid - 19 cases surpassed only by Brasil at number 2 and the USA at number 1.
Mexico eclipses Britain with third highest coronavirus death toll - Reuters

AMLO, reject using a mask and sees no benefits in wearing masks or the possible economic advantages of doing so.

Mexican President rejects using face mask, ‘not scientifically proven’ he says – MEXICO TODAY – by REFORMA

AMLO dismisses economic benefit of wearing face masks – MEXICO TODAY – by REFORMA

Posted: Sat Aug 1st, 2020 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
637th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Must be contagious.....

Posted: Tue Aug 4th, 2020 06:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
638th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
When people/all, take personal responsibility, for their well being, thus leading to the well being of others.

Posted: Tue Aug 4th, 2020 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
639th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: When people/all, take personal responsibility, for their well being, thus leading to the well being of others.that well intended concept failed 4 months ago!
every holiday, mass gathering, since has only proven so.
the virus at this point is out of control over 4.5 million infected 155,000 deaths.
until drastic enforced measures are put into place at a national level, the virus will continue "ping ponging" back and forth and up and down our country and the globe!

Posted: Tue Aug 4th, 2020 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
640th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I am sorry I failed to delineate the entire recommendations of the experts. That being said, if everyone on the face of the earth would practice these recommendations and be personally responsible..for doing so, the virus would run out of hosts. This same theory applies to what should have occurred 4 months ago.

Current time is 06:21 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems