San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2020 07:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
601st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Frankie, you must be special! 😉

On returning from Both my trips to Guaymas yesterday, I was waved through by the Marina, never even needed to lower my window.  No temperature taken at the roadblock, didn’t see them doing it with anyone.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2020 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
602nd Post
jsprag

Mana: 
Bullshipper could you be more specific

Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2020 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
603rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
everyone in front of me was sticking out their arm and i could see they where getting their temperature taken. the tec din't say more than thank you, and i replied thank you, of course in Spanish Gracias!

Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2020 11:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
604th Post
DocD

Mana: 
From Opinion Sonora....

They fear possible outbreak of coronavirus in a well-known hotel in San Carlos..
Guaymas, Sonora.

- Staff of the Hotel Sawari, located in the tourist destination of San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas, work with the fear that a source of massive contagion. The workers reveal that the situation is very tense and that is why they are requesting more attention, as they fear being infected and bringing the virus to their families. complaints are   being registered, for which they are carefully requesting the same company and the authorities of the Ministry of Health to attend to the situation that is occurring.They indicate that one of the co-workers unfortunately passed away; He had diabetes and presented symptoms that they presume could be associated with COVID-19, in addition to other workers being active with coughs, flu and other health problems.
They indicated that with the resumption of activities at the Sawari Hotel, the maximum occupancy of only 22 rooms was conditioned, but they have come to have up to double rented rooms.
The workers reveal that the situation is very tense and that is why they are requesting more attention, as they fear being infected and bringing the virus to their families.  

Last edited on Fri Jul 10th, 2020 11:53 pm by DocD

Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2020 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
605th Post
DocD

Mana: 
We knew this was coming!!!! And these employees travel on the bus with other hotel and restaurant and store employees etc etc.etc.etc.

Note.. nothing is confirmed by any health officials . But there is only one reason for flu symptoms in the summer.

Last edited on Sat Jul 11th, 2020 12:02 am by DocD

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2020 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
606th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
DocD, thank you for relaying this information to us! as a resident of San Carlos i want to know!
here it is in Spanish;
Temen posible brote de coronavirus en conocido hotel de San Carlos - Opinión Sonora

Last edited on Sat Jul 11th, 2020 01:57 am by frankiej

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2020 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
607th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I was thinking of a quick trip to Walmart this afternoon. I then remembered Frank's post about having his temperature taken on his return to  San Carlos.
Marigot said she returned twice from Guaymas and didn't have her temperature checked. 
But let's say they are checking  the next time one of us returns to SC.

So...I have a rhetorical question. Change that to non rhetorical, if anyone has an actual answer I would love to know. Actually, I think we all need to know!

We currently  have a  heat index of 110 degrees.( in the shade)  Say you were shopping at Walmart or Sam's for an hour. It was warm in those stores the last time I was there.
Then you are out in the sun loading your car. Then..
You get in your hot car. Temperatures inside can reach 160 degrees and higher.  Even with the air conditioning on max it's going to take awhile for the car to cool off. Even longer for your body to cool off. You get to San Carlos and there are 5 -10 cars ahead of you at a checkpoint. 110 degrees outside . Sitting in the car in the hot sun on extremely hot asphalt.
At this point your body temperature can actually be  1 -2 degrees higher than normal even sitting in an airconditioned car.
What happens if they take your temperature and it is high?
Are you allowed to go home?
Or do they make you go to a hospital? Where, if you don't have the virus going in, you might have it when you come out.

If you actually have a true fever and are sick, what do they do with you?
Do they make you drive to the hospital?
Again, with the shape the local hospitals are in now, walking inside can be a death sentence.
Does anyone out there have a clue?
Because I thought of this I am no longer going to Walmart today. LOL
But the next time I am out I think I'll stop at the police station and ask.

Last edited on Sat Jul 11th, 2020 09:57 pm by DocD

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2020 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
608th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
you need to shop at Walmart and Sam's club in the morning if you are over 50.

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2020 10:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
609th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
To add to the questions DocD posed, what is the acceptable upper limit on body temperature the people with thermometers are supposed to allow ‘pass’?
What is the magic number that makes you ‘sick’ from their instructions/training?

And, what’s to keep a person with a fever from holding their arm in front of the car air conditioner vent, then sticking it out the window for the thermometer at the San Carlos roadblock?

My experience returning to San Carlos and not being checked 2x was Thursday.  They may have begun this practice on Friday for frankiej.  Quién sabe?

Last edited on Sat Jul 11th, 2020 10:13 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2020 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
610th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I have made daily runs and not been checked, only questioned.

Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2020 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
611th Post
DocD

Mana: 
Didn't know that early hours at Walmart were  mandatory. I was there last week in the afternoon and no one said a thing to me. I thought that setting aside the early hours was only to make the older clientele feel more comfortable shopping there.

regarding temp. checks. 2 options.....

1.... It is Legitimate. For this to be legitimate there needs to be a temperature "trigger  point". ( as Marigot referred to). which then leads to a specific action. (there can be a range of  these points which lead to different levels of  response.) 

OR......

2..It is only for the visual.. They want the population of San Carlos to think that the local government is doing something to protect us. AS they wave through the many hundreds of vacationers. 

Last edited on Sun Jul 12th, 2020 01:04 am by DocD

Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2020 12:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
612th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Think Frank was trying to suggest taking advantage of early hours reserved for seniors, not that you had to shop then. Most of our markets have such hours and I take advantage of them. But you can go any time

Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2020 01:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
613th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Otto Claussen the ex mayor of Guaymas who many know, has tested positive for covid.

Da positivo a COVID-19 el ex alcalde Otto Claussen Iberri | Radar Sonora

Last edited on Sun Jul 12th, 2020 02:03 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2020 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
614th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I read that Frank. I hope he beats it. 

An article following that stated 7 more dead in Guaymas out of the 41 new deaths in Sonora . 

And the next article was that at least 3 gyms in Guaymas have opened. 2 in Guaymas and one in Guaymas Norte. Talk about the height of stupidity. 1 report stated that more than 20 people were in one of those gyms in the afternoon. With floor fans and overhead fans being used. What a perfect way to spread the virus around. Stupidity has no boundaries or limits. 

Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2020 09:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
615th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Back when this started there were some epidemiologists who were recommending herd immunity?.... I was wondering about the testing. If someone has the antibodies, doesn't that mean that they had already been exposed and their immune system fought off the virus? 

Last edited on Sun Jul 12th, 2020 09:57 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2020 12:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
616th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I watched a story on ABC this morning where it said that for people with mild/asymptomatic cases of COVID, antibodies disappeared in as a little as 8 weeks.  More research needs to be done.

Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2020 03:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
617th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
some article are saying just 28 days, or 4 weeks

Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2020 03:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
618th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: Back when this started there were some epidemiologists who were recommending herd immunity?.... I was wondering about the testing. If someone has the antibodies, doesn't that mean that they had already been exposed and their immune system fought off the virus? Don't you remember "The Bobby Phizer 4" - I fought the virus and the virus won?

Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2020 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
619th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I remember the chorus.......

I caught the virus, and I feel so bad.
I guess my life is done.
'Cause it's the worst virus, I've ever had.

I fought the virus
and virus won.
I fought the virus
and the virus won.

***jangly rhythm lead***.

I'm working on an updated version of Randy Newman's (or some will remember only the Joe Cocker version).....

You Can Leave Your Mask On.

Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2020 04:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
620th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Bahaha!!
Hook wrote: I remember the chorus.......

I caught the virus, and I feel so bad.
I guess my life is done.
'Cause it's the worst virus, I've ever had.

I fought the virus
and virus won.
I fought the virus
and the virus won.

***jangly rhythm lead***.

I'm working on an updated version of Randy Newman's (or some will remember only the Joe Cocker version).....

You Can Leave Your Mask On.

Current time is 05:44 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems