San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 30th, 2020 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
481st Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Hotel Guaymas Inn now being used as COVID quarantine center.

https://www.radarsonora.com/hotel-guaymas-inn-funciona-como-centro-covid/

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 02:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
482nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Dying for business, no pun intended

Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
483rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the use of hotels is an indicator that the existing hospitals are beyond their capacities! 
the same "type" of practices where being used in NY, NY!

this is a dire situation, we ALL should be concerned with!

Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 01:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
484th Post
maryt

Mana: 
No Frankiej, your conclusion is not accurate. Right now there is no one staying there. It is part of a national plan to make sure that hospital beds will be available. The hotel, according to the article and I will add the link, is for people who test positive but are not very sick and are unable to isolate at home for various reasons.

https://www.radarsonora.com/hotel-guaymas-inn-funciona-como-centro-covid/

I am not saying we should not be concerned about the virus but that the fact the hotel is going to be used is not a sign of a dire problem but of good planning.

Last edited on Sun May 31st, 2020 01:47 pm by maryt

Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 03:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
485th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
maryt, my post was in response to posts #'s 481 & 482! i made no assumption to the hotel's current occupancy! i did relate how the practice was used in NY,NY! 
i find it obvious with ALL the new convid-19 cases, including medical personal and related deaths associated with the local hospitals, that it only be prudent that the "national plan" be activated!

i remind you MOST, those suspected of having the virus are sent back home! we have seen how this can be a mistake IE; the young man who passed away who worked for "deportenis", HE LIVED IN A HOUSEHOLD OF 10!!! the bus driver who worked and lived in the Guaymas Norte route! the article you posted refers to isolating people with households of more than 4!

you state my conclusion is "in accurate" but you fail to provide any statistics regarding current occupancy of all the hospitals in Guaymas!

mary, you and I are not the PROFESSIONALS making these prudent decisions for the community! WE ARE THE OBSERVERS LIVING IN ISOLATION IN THE COMFORTS OF OUR HOMES, expanding our knowledge through press releases, THAT ARE UPDATED AND REVISED TO MEET THE CURRENT UNDERSTANDINGS BEING RELEASED!
Registra Hermosillo más casos de Covid-19 | ELIMPARCIAL.COM | Noticias de Sonora, México

Last edited on Sun May 31st, 2020 03:09 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun May 31st, 2020 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
486th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Iguanas was open yesterday evening with live music and lots of people. I counted 22 vehicles there around 7. Can imagine how many more people later. Nobody sitting at the bar, only at tables. Hang on folks, this is just getting started here.

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 01:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
487th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-losing-potency-top-italian-184358113.html

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
488th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Hook,

It's a very small town and it's not like San Carlos or Guaymas where folks barely speak to their neighbors; it's very close knit community. I could cite examples, but it would fill this page.

They turned away tourists, shut down almost ALL businesses in Alamos, they put up roadblocks on the two major roads in (via Navojoa and Masiaca), restricted travel, wore face masks, all very early, way before the Federal, State and other local goverments were taking this kind of action. Sound cars go around daily encouraging people to stay home.

If someone were displaying symptoms in this tiny place, they would go to the hospital and be tested. This time of year we are very hot, very dry (of course the very first sprinkles of the monsoon season just arrived Saturday), conditions favorable for good health. When there is a Flu in this town... EVERYONE gets sick... including ME.... Has not happened with this pandemic.

Having lived in San Carlos, Guaymas and Alamos... having conducted business in all three... I can tell you that Alamos is a much more transparent community. Sure, that's anecdotal. However, it is unlikely there is some grand cover up in Alamos. I don't think there is much fodder for the dark web in alamos. 

Now that there is one case, sure we will probably begin to see more, as obviously it's arrived. We will see how they combat the spread.... They certainly did a good job of putting precautions in place to delay it's introduction..

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
489th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"it's not like San Carlos or Guaymas where folks barely speak to their neighbors" That is a sad statement to make, was it you or your neighbors? How long did you live in SC?

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
490th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
He lived here for some time! I remember working a charity event with him, many years ago.

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
491st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
So Kimberly, do you agree with his social description of San Carlos?

Posted: Mon Jun 1st, 2020 10:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
492nd Post
lasninas

Mana: 
This is very good news!

Posted: Tue Jun 2nd, 2020 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
493rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: "it's not like San Carlos or Guaymas where folks barely speak to their neighbors" That is a sad statement to make, was it you or your neighbors? How long did you live in SC?

Let's see if I can word this another way.

I'm a gregarious, outgoing, social person. I'm not hard pressed to start conversations.

San Carlos is a transient beach town. Lots of second homes, lots of tourist coming and going. Guaymas is a small city / big port town. Rather high crime. 

Alamos is a small isolated mountain pueblo. Folks are more engaged with one another.

Seven+ years in Guaymas/SanCarlos, Six+ years in Alamos. Just find neighbors interact much much more in the small rural setting. I may have used a bit of hyperbole to describe interactions between neighbors in cities and transient beach towns.  No need to feel saddened by or make drama of my statement.

Back to the topic at hand.  Still just the one reported case of Coronavirus in Alamos. Businesses opened up this week, so let's see if it holds...

Last edited on Tue Jun 2nd, 2020 09:43 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2020 12:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
494th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
7 employees from Guaymas General Hospital have been withdrawn from their duties, 2 testing positive for convid -19 and 5 having direct contact with the infected!

Retiran 7 empleados del Hospital General de Guaymas; dos positivos a COVID-19 - Opinión Sonora

Last edited on Thu Jun 4th, 2020 12:16 am by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2020 03:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
495th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I hear that 241 medical personnel have died in all of Mexico so far from the virus.

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2020 03:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
496th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Mexico is now reporting a bit more than 2x the deaths per day compared to a month ago. 3900 new cases, 1092 deaths yesterday.

Posted: Fri Jun 5th, 2020 03:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
497th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Pretty good article about the recent reports of more deaths in one day than the US. Official denial of course.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-time-mexico-records-more-010610574.html

Posted: Fri Jun 5th, 2020 01:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
498th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
many places have opened! people are out and about! do you really believe your safe now because of these openings?
the number of reported infected cases and the death rate are increasing! here and in the USA we are now seeing the affects of the Memorial weekend! the numbers will only increase in the following days and weeks! STAY SAFE STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonora reporta la mayor cifra de casos confirmados de Covid-19 en un día | ELIMPARCIAL.COM | Noticias de Sonora, México

Mueren 14 sonorenses por Covid-19 y se superan las 3 mil personas infectadas - Opinión Sonora

Posted: Fri Jun 5th, 2020 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
499th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have spoken with some friends who are seriously in denial of this Covid 19. They keep commenting that it is only as bad as the flu. I am tired of trying to explain to them that it is different. Masks help when going in public, but staying at home is the best solution (if you can).

Posted: Fri Jun 5th, 2020 05:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
500th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
There is no concensus of opinion on what to do because it affects our individual lives so drastically, so differently.

I can afford to isolate. Lucky me.

Others can't, they still have to produce daily, and me telling them to isolate does not solve their problem.

I have no right to preach to the less fortunate or fear full on their life and death decisions.

Last edited on Fri Jun 5th, 2020 06:23 pm by Bullshipper

Current time is 06:49 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems