San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
chapo's son  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
https://sipse.com/mexico/capturan-hijo-chapo-guzman-ivan-archibaldo-balacera-enfrentamiento-culiacan-sinaloa-347482.html?fbclid=IwAR0luXVBxZpiAVdyljK8swngiT5z2jYl8peDLi10TwnJSe0BTIU3C7gNXLs

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Military and police grabbed him according to social media and the videos, and his guys surrounded the the area and are currently fighting to break him free. The battle started an hr ago

https://lineadirectaportal.com/sinaloa/balacera-en-culiacan-por-un-hijo-de-el-chapo-guzman-reporta-la-jornada_20191017-843372/

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 12:12 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Absolutely CRAZY video out of Culiacan.  HEAVY military caliber weapons fire.  Quite the war-like battle going on.

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 02:58 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Melinio TV news channel is reporting ‘Confirman liberación de Ovidio Guzmán’ on the 8 pm news.
It says he has communicated with family and is free.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 04:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The BBC and Fox news is confirming in English that the Sec of Defense arrestted Ovidio Guzman, one of Chapo's other sons,not Ivan as reported early.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50092641

https://www.foxnews.com/world/el-chapos-son-arrested-in-mexico-amid-gun-battles-in-western-city

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 04:55 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Fairly widespread reporting is saying they let him go or could not take him due to overwhelming firepower from the narcos. The narcos even managed to set prisoners free from the jails.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Sources as varied as CNBC, The New York Post, the BBC and The Guardian are all featuring stories on this.

Supposedly, a number of people from the Culiacan prison were also sprung during the shoot-out.

No surprise the cartels have .50 cal machine guns. Do they have RPGs?

AMLO is supposed to have a press conference about the incident tomorrow.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 

Here is a single link on Google News that has dozens of news articles on the battle in Culiacan. Included is reaction to AMLO's decision to release Guzman's son, in the face of coordinated and concentrated gunfire in many parts of Culiacan. 

All in English. No translators needed.

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqOQgKIjNDQklTSURvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoTUtFUWlseHVDdGpvQU1FWTE5ZlZBZm5hLVBLQUFQAQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Liberal or conservative news outlet;  they are all represented here.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
just a tinderbox... stuff like Monday's ambush and murder of 13 police officers in Michoacán... emboldens the cartels.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Videos from Culiacan are on national news in the US. Not good for tourism. I have no idea what needs to be done but it certainly gives the impression that the cartels have more firepower than the government. Bad situation, hope it gets resolved.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
They got Ivan.
No its Ovideo
Yes we confirm the capture of Ovideo
No we were specifically going after him with a warrant
Opps, they are fighting back
Opps we had to let him go because they surprised us.
Opps they just broke 30 guys out of jail for good measure
Opps they now control the main roads out of town
Opps, there is embarrasing video all over the internet.

Pretty obvious that Chapo guys were tipped off, had time to put their guys in place armed to the teeth, and basically the rats caught the cats.

Any word on causualties for both sides? Saw a video of a sicarrio using a 50 cal sniper rifle on a tripod to pick off cops from long distances.

Sort of like when Chapo escaped the second time. Opps.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 05:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yes, it's certainly possible (some would say LIKELY) that they were tipped off, in advance.

Or, it could be that this is their new SOP. When they are confronted with force in one area, other areas are immediately mobilized to create numerous hot-spots/firefights at specific points. One of those points was apparently the prison. It creates distractions and it spreads the authorities out over a wider area. This was the cartel's home turf. They know what they are doing.

And I'd say this strategy was very effective and will likely be repeated.

On casualties, all I have read is two dead (unknown which side) but some news reports say there were numerous persons lying shot in the street. Dead or alive, who knows?

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:25 pm by Hook

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 

Last edited on Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:28 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Just a prediction, John. That's all. I am against a wall, but not for an open border. There are better ways of controlling illegal immigration.

Sorry, John. Ideas cross borders. As well they should. I will not conform to ways of thinking, simply because I live north and/or south.

I live in both places, John. Should I change my opinions, as I cross?

Man, so many on this board now want to limit discussion, by accusing people of being paranoid or hysterical or having differing opinions than theirs. Or, God forbid, posting TOO MANY sources of information.

Can't we all just talk? Isn't that what message boards are for?

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Talking is one thing, always bringing POLITICS into it is the problem for me.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Hook

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: Talking is one thing, always bringing POLITICS into it is the problem for me.

Fair enough. I will strike the Trump comment, though I feel the existence of a wall would affect San Carlos.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: Talking is one thing, always bringing POLITICS into it is the problem for me.

AMEN--

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Here is what potential tourists are reading in Arizona. The sight of cartel members using truck mounted M2 50 cal machine guns and what looks to be an M82 sniper rifle. Trying to keep word of this under cover is not going to work.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/elviadiaz/2019/10/17/gunbattle-breaks-out-culiacan-showing-cartels-still-mighty-strong/4015771002/ truck

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I just had a conversation with my bilingual, educated painter (who lived and worked in the USA for many years) about the Culiacán violence yesterday.
The information he has is that the families of FIVE National Guardsmen were snatched from their residences and were being held hostage, with threats of imminent murder if Ovidio was not released immediately.
That’s why the Security Minister, Alfonso Durazo, ordered the release of Ovidio.

Posted: Fri Oct 18th, 2019 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is a fairly thorough article from Reuters. One of the more recent ones, as I write this. Pretty much goes over the last 18 hours since this occured. English. No translation needed.

Now, it does drift into the political side of things. Mexican politics, that is. Something like this can't help but become political, especially the conflicting reports from the Mexican government over what started the conflict.

This report says at least eight dead.

I can't find any recent report that says that all is back to normal in Culiacan. Nothing. Anyone else?

There were reports from yesterday that state government officials were telling people not to go to work or school or be out and about, today. But no official curfew that I have found.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-violence-sinaloa-obrador/failure-mexico-admits-bungled-arrest-of-kingpins-son-amid-mayhem-idUSKBN1WX1PL

Current time is 10:36 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > chapo's son Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems