San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Guaymas Mayor Sara Valle's House Attacked

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Guaymas Mayor Sara Valle's House Attacked  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I was on the fence about posting this.  I don't want to cause unnecessary concern because as far as crime (and especially executions) is concerned, San Carlos is far removed from what is occurring in Guaymas and especially Empalme......but this represents a significant escalation in Guaymas so I thought I would post.  Fortunately nobody was hurt or injured in the attack.  Supposedly .223 casings were found at the scene, indicating at least one of the weapons was an AR-15.

https://opinionsonora.com/2019/10/10/rafaguean-con-armas-de-alto-poder-la-vivienda-de-la-alcaldesa-sara-valle-dessens/

http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/noticias/14-local/3445-rafaguean-carro-del-hijo-de-la-presidenta-municipal-sara-valle

https://www.radarsonora.com/tres-niveles-de-gobierno-investigan-ataque-armado-en-las-villas/

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 04:46 pm by TrueBlue

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Couple of points: SC is not far removed from Gym in either distance or criminal activity. 223 cartridges are used in the AR-15 - and dozens of other hunting, target or assault rifles. It's the M16 and AK47 that the gangs use.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
I am having a really hard time drawing the line between True Blue's performance as a shill for all these media outlets and any other spammer.
Are 3 articles really necessary?
Do you think our members do not know these outlets exist?
Don't you have anything better to do than troll for whatever bad news you can find?

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I'm not a "troll" or a "shill". No, I don't think most people in San Carlos are aware of the various media sources and instead they check this board much more than other sources. Lots of ostriches.

I am very selective about what I post.  There are cartel/narco executions almost daily in both Guaymas and Empalme and I haven't posted about any of those and I doubt most in SC are aware of the dramatic increase of late.  This event was notable because it involved the Mayor.

Since you clealy want me to stop and you are the board owner/administrator, I will respect your wishes and stop posting news stories.

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:24 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I am okay with seeing the links posted as a matter of information.  
That’s because I DON’T search out the bad news I know exists on many online sources.  I don’t view it as spam.

So, for me, it’s a convenience for someone else to spend their time finding the stories near or pertinent to us in San Carlos and posting a link.  I don’t want to do the dumpster diving myself.

But I trust you, Bart, to make and enforce whatever policy you believe is right and fair.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Thank you, TrueBlue

Marigot's reference to "dumpster diving" sums up my feelings very accurately.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Chet

Mana: 
I, for one, appreciate that TrueBlue goes to the trouble to post information that he finds to be applicable to us. Not my idea of "dumpster diving".

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I never did subscribe to the notion that one can get "too much information".

The headlines generally tell it all. If someone wants to avoid stories they feel are "negative" (a subjective term), they are free to do so.

But I am not for withholding information that others can decide to view objectively.

It's better to know what's going on, rather than be surprised when you find yourself in a bad situation that you knew nothing about, because you weren't informed.

Besides, don't we already have a board that does that all the time in town? Why not continue to be a breath of fresh air in this town, Bart?

Spammers have financial motives for posting what they do. True Blue has said he has lived in town for at least 15 years. What could be his financial motives for posting what he does?

I think he/she just wants his/her neighbors and community to be aware of what's going on. It certainly is changing. What's the harm in that?

Last edited on Fri Oct 11th, 2019 07:20 pm by Hook

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
SStewart

Mana: 
News is good, redundancy is not.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hook

Mana: 
SStewart wrote: News is good, redundancy is not.

News from two sources can be very different.

See NBC News vs Fox News. Or CNN vs Washington Examiner.

In this case, one talks about her house being shot up, while the other says her son's car was shot up. 

Same event, two different news sources.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
SStewart

Mana: 
"In this case, one talks about her house being shot up, while the other says her son's car was shot up"

In this case, I should have stated..News is good, confusion, not so good. Thanks for your examples of daily "Confusion"

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Anytime.

There are often two side or two angles to any issue or news story. I'd rather see both, than have someone else decide which one I should see.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
well at least "trueblue" isn't using google translate anymore!!
for me, posting one article is sufficient! i will personally search other media outlets if i feel it necessary!

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Bart, you have requested TrueBlue not to post this type of information on your forum? 
TrueBlue is far from a shriller or a spammer.  He is letting us know very important information for our own good concerning things very relevant to the people of San Carlos.  One can read it, ignore it or take it to heart as our current reality.  Your choice.  He was nice enough to list 3 different outlets so one can get the information from several sources for a better, well rounded account of this attack.  If he did not put the links, he would have been accused of hearsay and told to list sources. 
San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas is not removed from Guaymas.  The presidenta municipal de Guaymas (Guaymas mayor) is also San Carlos'.  The same people that are in place to deter and keep the public safe in Guaymas are the same ones for here.  If you consider sharing this important information "dumpster diving", do not click the links but sure don't dump on those of us that appreciate this important information to San Carlos residents.  Thanks for the heads up on this information TrueBlue and for taking the time to provide diffrent souces.  I appreciate having all of the information.  I can then make better decisions armed with facts and current knowledge of these ongoing situations.

Posted: Fri Oct 11th, 2019 10:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"Besides, don't we already have a board that does that all the time in town? Why not continue to be a breath of fresh air in this town"

Truer words never spoken, and Hook was being kind.

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
SStewart wrote: "In this case, one talks about her house being shot up, while the other says her son's car was shot up"

In this case, I should have stated..News is good, confusion, not so good. Thanks for your examples of daily "Confusion"

All 3 stories say the son's car was hit, if that's important.

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 12:16 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I too support posting links to legitimate news sources and the Mexicans I know consider Opinion Sonora and Radar Sonora to be legit. Many people can´t speak Spanish and don´t read the local newspapers. I sometimes post articles myself and do not consider an attack on the Mayor of Guaymas´ house to be irrelevant information for those of us concerned about San Carlos. But it is not my board.

Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
OK, you all have made persuasive arguments so I withdraw my position from post #3

Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 02:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks, Bart.
As I mentioned before, I consider it a convenience to see the links to stories, or a summation of the story, posted here.
I would appreciate True Blue, or anyone else, continuing to bring these stories to our attention.

Most of them we do need to be aware of; they do affect the lives of people in our community.

Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2019 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
bartmanaz wrote: OK, you all have made persuasive arguments so I withdraw my position from post #3I appreciate that, Bart.  I promise I will only post stories that I believe are relevant to the residents of San Carlos.  I post links from several sources because there can be variations in the reporting (like in this story, car vs. house....another link I found but didn't post said it was both with over 100 rounds fired).  The reason I *usually* post without commentary is I prefer to let the reader make up their mind regarding the credibility of each story.  I do try and weed out articles that seem to be more opinion and rumor rather than fact.

The above having been said, it is my hope that there won't be any more stories of this nature and things calm down in the area.

Last edited on Tue Oct 15th, 2019 06:45 pm by TrueBlue

Current time is 08:57 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Guaymas Mayor Sara Valle's House Attacked Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems