San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > WTH is going on at Captain's Club?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WTH is going on at Captain's Club?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Hook

Mana: 
I think we all remember the supposed park area right on the water that Caballero supposedly donated to the city of Guaymas/San Carlos. This was in the Creston area, I believe.

Didn't some people in the Guaymas city council eventually turn it into homes?

There is probably many precedents for this all over Mexico. Mexico is less a country of laws as much as it is a country of payoffs.

Someone in this thread or another mentioned how it is important to do things exactly right, legally, in Mexico.

Problem is, what's "right" is often determined by the exchange of pesos, not written law.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 07:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
i doubt seriously if any home is being built! the footer runs the perimeter of the boundary. the municipality requires a set back for a building. a wall could be erected.

i was at captains last night, spoke with Mike and Malena! they are taking legal action!
they both explained clearly their defense.
this IMHO is an obvious extortion attempt, for Captain's club to purchase the property!
the property as stated was and is a "zona verde" described in a deed!!!!!!!!
we as friends and customers can support their efforts, through our continued patronage!

Last edited on Sat Oct 12th, 2019 07:48 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 08:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Cclub

Mana: 
Apparently Enrike, the commissario, is on the take also as he will not take Malenas calls and is turning his as he passes by here several times a day.

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: I think we all remember the supposed park area right on the water that Caballero supposedly donated to the city of Guaymas/San Carlos. This was in the Creston area, I believe.

Didn't some people in the Guaymas city council eventually turn it into homes?

There is probably many precedents for this all over Mexico. Mexico is less a country of laws as much as it is a country of payoffs.

Someone in this thread or another mentioned how it is important to do things exactly right, legally, in Mexico.

Problem is, what's "right" is often determined by the exchange of pesos, not written law.

These holier than thou diatribes are really getting old. 

Can we both agree to give this a rest?

Last edited on Sun Oct 13th, 2019 03:25 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
frankie

Mana: 
my comment would be. when you point a finger, the are three pointing back at you!

i agree with bullshipper, it gets old!

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I can't recall ever paying someone off, illegally, or illegally occupying or possessing any property that wasn't approved by a legal, governmental body. Not in Mexico or in the US.

I guess I did get arrested for shoplifting as a teenager once.

Last edited on Sun Oct 13th, 2019 03:25 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankie

Mana: 
lets stay focused on the thread! the concerned facts, how we can of be any support!

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 10:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I didn't accuse you of illegal activity, and I don't think that most americans are dishonest. Where did I say that?

My brother in law was one of Caballero's land lawyers when he used the courts to acquire and donate land. I know for a fact that judges determined that both transactions were legal. I also know that a Municipality can sell ground to private citizens, and that it doesn't need a bribe to do so. It doesn't even make sense.

I am a Mexican citizen and am simply asking you to be a gracious visitor to a country that has always tried to be gracious to you. I am also an American, and the term Ugly American makes me recoil too.

Last edited on Sun Oct 13th, 2019 03:27 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sat Oct 12th, 2019 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
Bartman where are you?

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 03:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Agreed.  This thread is veering off the topic of what is going on regarding Captain's Club.  Stick to that. The NOB political commentary is not relevant to the situation here.  Posts to that effect have been edited or deleted.

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Mike,
If you think something fishy is going on I can hook you up with an attorney who specializes in land disputes and already knows the title history prior to Caballero up to present for this area. He also did work for the city of Guaymas.
He helped me in two complicated cases against an ejido and another case against the state of Sonora. We won both.

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Here’s a pic of the mess in front of Capt Club

Attached Image (viewed 408 times):

7E6F5B2D-D6C3-4E60-8A2E-93A839C96BB8.jpeg

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
And another 

Attached Image (viewed 409 times):

FCEE3FD4-16A8-4EAC-AE7B-87C2837F6617.jpeg

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
390pony

Mana: 
That's awful!

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Cclub

Mana: 
Thanks Jeff, I've got people working on it, here and Hermosillo. And yes, everything they are doing is very fishy.

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I had limited dealings with Zona Urbana but it was scary how much corruption goes on. Hope you can resolve it as Captain's has become an important part of San Carlos.

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Is Catalinia Ordaz the invader?

Posted: Sun Oct 13th, 2019 11:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Cclub

Mana: 
No, she is not. The only good thing about this whole thing so far is that the traffic hazard sign is gone.

Posted: Mon Oct 14th, 2019 01:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its very cheap to get a backhoe to ditch the area to make it look it look like that they are going to construct.I didn't see a big hole for a cistern,or ditches to connect up for water and sewer, so that makes me a little suspicious if they actually are going ahead or are just trying to rattle you.

Either they want you to buy, or they want to buy you out cheap to put together a large commercial lot.

So you might want to hold off expending capital on lawyers until you are sure that they are not just trying to make you spend more than them. If nothing happens for awhile then I would try with the local comisarrio.

I believe you can easily argue that their ditching has created a backup hazard with the ditch right behind your customers cars and foot traffic at night. This would make them have to install lighting and do more than put up some yellow tape. In other words, make them spend.

Posted: Mon Oct 14th, 2019 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Cclub

Mana: 
That's basically it. They got worked by the sellers. Found out they couldn't build there and wanted me to be as smart as them. The Amparo is in the works so I am out some dough but I hope to recover some of it. Like you said, backhoes are cheep and  I know how to work one! As far as the safty hazard there is more than just the ditches. Can't figure how post photos or I would.

Current time is 08:57 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > WTH is going on at Captain's Club? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems