San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Traveling Bill Board  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 28th, 2019 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
I believe the traveling billboard refers to the condo at MarinaTerra that they reside in not the Shots location, the owner of the condo claims they rented it, after a few months stopped paying rent, owner took them to court, court ruled they had squatters rights and could stay, have lived there for over 2 years rent free and most likely will continue to do so, not fair to the owner.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Oct 31st, 2019 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
ghowarth

Mana: 
I completely agree with LTR (post 78). This is stealing.

Posted: Fri Nov 1st, 2019 01:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Any updates, on this situation??

Posted: Fri Nov 1st, 2019 07:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
wynner

Mana: 
In the residential condo,  yes, but there was a lot of unusual activity and questionable behavior. Waiting for the update.

Posted: Sat Nov 2nd, 2019 03:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
Fern

Mana: 
It appears they have moved out of the condo.  More lawsuits have been filed.  

Posted: Sat Nov 2nd, 2019 03:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
susan s

Mana: 
Great news, I knew the occupants had left saying "we aren't moving out, just taking a few things". Futher complicating things for the owner. So maybe the Board and the exposure helped to finally nudge them to relocate.

Posted: Sat Nov 2nd, 2019 11:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
wynner

Mana: 
THIS is the type of people Jon and Judy Harris are.... they completely moved out of Condo #203 which belongs to Bill Dill.

But, they left their Ring Doorbell on the door so they could watch the place.

After days of knocking with no answer, Bill assumed the condo was vacant. But when he opened the door to check, JON AND JUDY CALLED THE POLICE ON HIM.

This is why they left the Ring Doorbell and why they said they were "just taking personal possessions". They PURPOSELY SET A TRAP for the guy who they had been scamming for the last 2+ years!

Unbelievable!

Posted: Sun Nov 3rd, 2019 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
No, it's believable. They're just scummy thieves.

Posted: Sun Nov 3rd, 2019 03:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
Righton

Mana: 
My question is why do people still go there to eat and drink. If no one went there they would probably have to close.

Posted: Sun Nov 3rd, 2019 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
wynner

Mana: 
Jon and Judy don't really care about the Americans. He calls them the White Haired F*cks.

They make their money off the nightclub. That's what brings in all the younger people near and far. They have a cover charge, popular DJs, dancing, and bottle service. That is where a customer gets a VIP area, orders a bottle of Bucanos (that's Buchannons scotch) for $3600 pesos and the customer gets the sparklers on delivery, the mixers, and the attention. It costs the bar about $600 pesos for the bottle from the supplier.

That is why he is digging in. Plus, it's all profit when you don't own the property and have no intention of paying for the use.

This behaviour is not new. The people in San Carlos just get to experience now because he ran away from Phoenix and his mounting civil cases against him. 

No doubt this public exposure has impacted his business but probably not enough to outweigh the money coming in on the weekends.

Posted: Sun Nov 3rd, 2019 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If they are not in the condo, its time to change the locks, and install an iron security door over the inner front door and sliding patio door and keep them out until they can get a new tenant in there. I would consider placing an alarm in the apartment to let the police know if anyone goes in without the new code. You will probably want to put a notice on the security door to them stating that all their possessions have been removed, stored, and that they can mail you a check for past due rent within 30 days if they want the items back.

The second problem will be to see if they left large, water bills, telephone, electrical, and to make sure that these companies do not place a lien on the condo for non payment. It might be a good idea to have the CFE remove the electrical meter to disconnect power.

If they called the cops, its now a criminal matter, and the local comissario can get involved. They do not have a leg to stand on.

All of the realtors in town should be verbally notified that they are deadbeats, and if they help rent another place to them that they and the folks they rent for will get stiffed on rent and comissions.

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 02:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
I like the idea to cancel electric service, easy to do and they will move out fast.  I assume the electric account is in the condos owner name, therefore the service can be cancelled, also be prepared for tenants anger and revenge, they could break and damage everything in the condo before leaving.

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 05:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I was doing some searching and came across this link.  I must caution people that I don't know Jon and Judy, never been to Shots, and the only photo of Jon I have to go by is what is on the billboard.  The guy in the link kinda looks like him, and the stories are similar.  But I cannot say with certainty that the person discussed on the following link is Jon.  Perhaps others who have interacted with him can vouch for whether it is him.  If people agree it is not him then I would certainly take the link down.  The comments below the story are also interesting.

https://gossip.thedirty.com/gossip/scottdale-1/dont-get-swindled-by-jon-harris

There are also several civil cases involving Jon Jeffrey Harris and Judy Lina Harris in Maricopa County.  You can search here: http://justicecourts.maricopa.gov/FindACase/casehistory.aspx 
Please note that the criminal case involving a sex crime is NOT the same Jon Harris as the middle name is different.

Yelp reviews of the Speakeasy: https://www.yelp.com/biz/speakeasy-saloon-and-grill-chandler

Blown up photo of self-identified owner of Speakeasy:
https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/buphoto/m8bOqBmL0hsLqaWtzuclNw/o.jpg

Jon Jeffrey Harris Bankruptcy Cases.  First date is date filed, second date is date closed.

HARRIS, JON JEFFREY (db) 2:2008bk04748 JON JEFFREY HARRIS Arizona Bankruptcy Court 04/25/2008 10/22/2009
HARRIS, JON JEFFREY (db) 2:2012bk02908 JON JEFFREY HARRIS Arizona Bankruptcy Court 02/17/2012 08/13/2012
HARRIS, JON JEFFREY (db) 2:2014bk05918 JON JEFFREY HARRIS and JUDY LINA HARRIS Arizona Bankruptcy Court 04/23/2014 02/04/2015

Last edited on Mon Nov 4th, 2019 05:54 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
Yep. I do believe that is him Sports a shaved head now a days.

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
wynner

Mana: 
Good research!

There are actually SIX Bankruptcy cases.. three of which predate the ones you found.

And there are 16 civil cases with Jon Harris (and/or one of his LLCs) as a defendant. Many of these cases were granted a judgement for the plaintiff. Some of the recent ones were dismissed due to "lack of service", meaning Jon and Judy were in Mexico already.

The bankruptcies coincide with large judgments against Jon and Judy.

They stiffed a lot of big companies like mortgage lenders, car loans, medical facilities, banks and department stores. They also did not pay contractors and small businesses for services at Jon's nightclub and bars.

When the debts mounted, Jon would declare bankruptcy, clearing his debt and completely ruining other people and businesses. A couple of those small businesses went under due to the unpaid bills.

So Jon and Judy move to SC and start all over: moving into a condo and stopped paying rent. Opened another business and stiffed the landlord and a few contractors.

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 06:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
More.  I will add to this post as I find more stuff when I have time.  Be sure to read comments below articles.  Frequently they have much more information than the article itself.

https://www.ahwatukee.com/news/article_5209a05a-726a-11df-88a1-001cc4c03286.html

https://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/judge-orders-chandler-nightclub-phase-closed/article_5c43ae36-b486-11df-9ff7-001cc4c03286.html 

Motherlode of civil cases.  Note: Without a middle name it's impossible to say whether all of these are the same Jon Harris, but by looking at the business names, listed middle initial (J) and the cases where Lisa is also listed, it's a safe bet that most of these are him.  What is most interesting is you can see just how much money the plaintiffs were screwed out of.

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseSearchResults.asp?lastName=harris&FirstName=jon&bName= 

Last edited on Mon Nov 4th, 2019 07:12 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
wynner

Mana: 
These links are also on jonjudyharris.com

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Didn't know!  I will only post links that aren't duplicative!

Posted: Mon Nov 4th, 2019 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
wynner

Mana: 
Well, if you find anything else........

This guy is a big time fraudster. I can't imagine Mexican authorities are excited to have him around. All these issues and lawsuits are happening here now too.

Posted: Tue Nov 5th, 2019 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Shots has one prominent supporter that just posted support for them on Viva - George Gadsby. Shame on you George!

https://www.sancarlosboard.com/post/shots-bar-and-restaurant-10197705?pid=1310021573

Current time is 03:19 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Traveling Bill Board Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems