San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Traveling Bill Board  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 03:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The plot thickens

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Flaco

Mana: 
The letters from the condo and commercial space owners seem present a compelling argument and background of the situation to me. They are not afraid of putting their names and escritura info.

http://jonjudyharris.com/2019/10/22/commercial-comercial-condo-owner/

http://jonjudyharris.com/2019/10/22/open-letter-condo-owner/

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 

Wow what do you think of that George?  You are known by your friends, I told them to stay away from you..

The George being referred to is George Gleason lives out near La Monga.

Last edited on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 07:55 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 07:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Thank you Flaco , these are pretty clear and unambiguous .

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Very damning.

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 08:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
There is no plot to thicken. It's clear - premeditated intention to steal from the owners as long as possible.

Last edited on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 08:48 pm by nice guy

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Hmmmm!!

Attached Image (viewed 363 times):

T & F.jpg

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
That is a kind of nebulas picture Frankie...that guy getting tarred and feathered could be anyone.  Should we guess??

Last edited on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:09 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
emc2

Mana: 
I appreciate that the moderator Bart has not shut down or interfered with this thread. When this same topic appeared on the other board, it was shut down very quickly.

What is the difference between burglarizing someone's house and not paying rent for two years? Answer: Much more in rent has been stolen than what is normally burglarized from a house. Both are thievery, pure and simple.

I support the property owners 100%.

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankie

Mana: 
emc2 wrote: I appreciate that the moderator Bart has not shut down or interfered with this thread. When this same topic appeared on the other board, it was shut down very quickly.

What is the difference between burglarizing someone's house and not paying rent for two years? Answer: Much more in rent has been stolen than what is normally burglarized from a house. Both are thievery, pure and simple.

I support the property owners 100%.
bart, is an excellent MODERATOR!! i have had PM's from him to tone it down, maybe even got my hand spanked! my posts here have never been edited or altered!
it's the difference of being a moderator/umpire as to being a moderator/player!
as i stated in an earlier post i also support the property owners!!

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Support doesn't restore the owners losses. I don't go to Shots - tried it once - too noisy. So other than not going - how do you de-support and unfund the Shots thieves.

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
emc2

Mana: 
Easy. If no one goes to Shots, the owners will leave town.

Posted: Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
I for one will not patronize this establishment any longer. We used to go to their annual Thanksgiving dinner. Never again! (wasn't that good to begin with) Used to stop in after boating for a tequila shot...no more.

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: You should go talk to Jon and Judy Harris at their restaurant, SHOTS! to get the story directly from them about why and who is behind this smear campaign of lies intended to ruin their business.

It may be a mistake to start a conversation on this topic on a public forum, when everything here will be second hand and/or inaccurate speculation.

Jon and Judy can tell you what is going on.

Why don't you ask them to defend themselves and their business on this forum. I would like to hear both sides.

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 01:24 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Given that the libel laws in Mexico are pretty severe , that two independent parties have published their letters / statements with checkable facts I would be inclined to give them credibility.

The sad thing  , apart from the victims , is the good people in town who will believe criminals like this and think they are being persecuted . ( and I bet there are a lot ) 

Ironically I am now in Spain , and I can see how the Mexican laws wound up the way they have - here if some low life breaks in and stays in your property - you the owner can be the one homeless for a long time. Equally if you rent and they stop paying - good luck , it is a night mare to regain possession. 

Serial abusers like this do not have the moral compass normal people do , very sad for the property owners suffering all this.

It is also sad that the information has been so contained amongst the foreign born community , thankfully this forum is constructively run ( although some posters must try the moderators patience at times ! ) and may help disseminate the facts.

:)

All power to the billboard ! 

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 04:05 pm by Ian948

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 03:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
I usually stay neutral on issues like this, but I cannot in this case.  I don't know the condo owner but have known Susan for many years and consider her a friend as well as a former client.  Her reputation is above reproach in my book.

While I can do nothing to influence the outcome of the legal issues involved, I can take an action that is within my capability and have done so.  

The two free ads this business enjoyed on http://www.sancarlosmexico.com are now history.

Bart

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
I am pleased to have shared the links provided by Flaco along with my commentary to my public  Facebook page , in the hopes that local friends will widen the knowledge sharing.

:)

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
frankie

Mana: 
BRAVO!!! BART!

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 05:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
One way to pressure is to go criminal and I believe that there may be a case for elder abuse with the threats alegedly made by the younger man, as well as loss of income,hardship and worry for elderly retired owners.
It does not matter that the owners are Americans as the law is the law, and all it takes are a couple of witnesses willing to testify that they have heard the threats to substantiate a case. If the civil case has been judged in their favor, that adds evidence for the loss of income and a few tears in front of the magistrate never hurt to demonstarte worry.
Remember, here the accussed in Mexico must prove his innocence, not the other way around as is the custom in the states.
I would also looking to their working status to see if they have working papers, are up to date on their tax payments, social security payments, etc.
And if the condo association is owed dues, I believe they may have the right post notices in front of the establishment on association common area, instead of just on the road.

Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

Not sure I totally agree with this statement from Bullshipper

"In Mexico, you can easily lose your property to squatters if your contract expires and they stop paying rent. Its usually argued that the the owner verbally agreed to give away the property, or not charge rent, and when rent is not paid, sets a precedence of acceptance. When in doubt posession is 9/10th of the law here, like many places."

This is an American who is refusing to pay his bills, same thing happened when Jim ran Marina Cantina into the ground and Rick finally took him out. It wasn't easy to get rid of the crappy managers, and yes I understand that Shot's was a contract to purchase the building that has not been full filled,  but Rick was never in danger of really loosing the building. It cost him a bundle to get them out though.

I know the owners of the building, have known them for over a decade, they are on the level, the history of Jon speaks for itself. If the dude paid his bills we would be hearing nothing of this.

It would be a non issue.

The corrupt Judicial system is what makes life difficult here. AMLO is not addressing any of it, the 4th transformation has not even begun....

Last edited on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 06:11 pm by Vince Radice

Current time is 03:03 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Traveling Bill Board Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems