San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Warning! Tree Murderer On The Caracol

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Warning! Tree Murderer On The Caracol  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
emc2

Mana: 
After one month in the US we returned Friday to find one small tree dead and another small tree dying. Our gardener was here this morning and said they were healthy last Tuesday and when he came back on Thursday they were dying.  He said a herbicide killed them. My husband thought he smelled something chemical but wasn't sure.

This is really odd because there is no access to our back yard so someone had to pour the herbicide over a wall. And why? The trees are not encroaching on anyone's property nor blocking any views.

So if this a serial tree killer, consider yourselves warned.

Evelyn and Steve Fincham

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
My guess is lack of water, unless you have an automated system.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
emc2

Mana: 
No, absolutely not for a lack of water because gardener comes twice a week and waters. All of the other trees, plants, and flowers are beautifully healthy.  Another Flame Tree right next to the two that were poisoned is still fine. These two trees went from healthy to dead in less than 48 hours. No way would they deteriorate so quickly otherwise.  They were viciously poisoned!  

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 10:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
SanCarlosNimzo

Mana: 
Do you really believe your gardener that he was doing his job the month you weren't there?
If you do I have an Oasis in the desert I would like to sell you. Real cheap.
He probably did a good job when you were there. But when the gringo is away, the locals
still get paid.
He got his money for nothing and his chicks for free.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
emc2

Mana: 
Sure odd then that our courtyard is lusher than it's ever been and so are all our fruit trees. Everything was spic and span clean. It's also rained in the past month a few times.  I stand by what I said without any doubt whatsoever because I know who did it.

And as far as disparaging our gardener:  We can hear him working at our neighbors house twice a week without fail. We have had neighbors ring our doorbell because of how nice our plants looks, wanting to know what we are doing special.  It is all thanks to our gardener.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 10:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
there are tree fungus's here that take out trees fast! your not even aware of the damage they have already done in the internal part of the tree, when the external fungus appears! 
they do have a pungent odor!

Attached Image (viewed 447 times):

tree fungas.jpg

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 10:22 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Oct 1st, 2019 01:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
goldin

Mana: 
How about installing a camera after planting new ones? Good luck.

Posted: Tue Oct 1st, 2019 02:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
emc2

Mana: 
Excellent advice and as a matter of fact, we had Horizon here today and they are going to do just that along with an alarm system that we should have put in before now.  

Posted: Tue Oct 1st, 2019 03:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
So, what will Horizon do if there is an intruder on the property that trips the alarm? Will they intercede and physically stop him/them? Or will they wait until the police arrive and let them confront the intruder?

Posted: Tue Oct 1st, 2019 03:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
emc2

Mana: 
Horizon owner Kent told me that the police station dispatcher has a dedicated cell phone from the company that immediately shows them where an alarm went off.  They are not 100% for sure to respond on every call but I know for a fact they have responded at least twice in the past 2-3 weeks to alarms on the Caracol.  In one instance they sent 3 police vehicles with 8 officers with their weapons out up here.  

You could call Kent at Horizon and get more specific information from him on how they respond.  I do know he said the alarm goes off at Horizon's office in San Carlos in addition to the police station.Horizon's phone # is 622 132-4000.

Posted: Wed Oct 2nd, 2019 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
goldin

Mana: 
I can attest to the police showing when called. We are not in SC yet, but have a camera outside and Cyberco alarms. My husband said a group of guys looking into our garage, which has a jet sky and a kayak. Called Cyberco to report. The police car was seen parked in front of our house within a couple of minutes. Nothing was found...

Current time is 10:26 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Warning! Tree Murderer On The Caracol Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems