San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
code red san carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 03:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
frankie

Mana: 
i wasn't there, pony was!!!!!!!you can fire semi auto pretty fast.

google; "ak full auto video", you will see the difference from the posted video, post #34!

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:38 am by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
So, what's the difference if it was semi or auto, in the bigger picture? The bad guys own both.

What DIFFERENT conclusions can you reach, if it was auto or semI?

You're missing the point. Semi or auto ISN'T the point?

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If you are a policeman, you get approached to make a lot of money, or die. Win lose or lose lose if you are honest.But as the cop killers have killed 16 out of 19 policeman there is no doubt their threat is real.

Now, while working for one group, a second one wants to invade their territory and makes the same offer and threat to the same policeman. Silver or lead, and if he refuse, you know you are dead or at least an enemy of one or both bands depending on who finds out. Taking money from both sides is worse in their eye even though they force the wrong choice.

Then the military shows up, capture a few criminals who reveal which cops are on the take and start investigating the cops too.

And then the governor complains that its tough to find honest cops.

So now they are understaffed, no one is sure of who is working for who, and the national guard and military is called in.

But the longer the military is stationed in one place, the easier it is for the cartels to get to these poor young guys and of course, the newly elected officials as well.

So even if you are honest and turn them down, you understand that if you are not with them, you are against them, and then they start putting your name on mantas hanging on bridges saying that they are gonna get you.

So I guess I am saying that this is a no win for the police, and of course their wives and children too, unless they have the resources to escape and go underground hoping that now one spots them for a reward.

And the root cause of this is fueled by $$$ coming from everyone's vices.

Lots of typos as usual, but this is the gist of what I hear in Spanish on the streets and its more credible to me that whats getting printed.

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:26 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Hook wrote;

hook, i was responding to post #34 were the article is talking about a "cuerno de chivo" being recover. i explained what the cuerno de chivo is and referred to the video, so the readers could relate!
that is the point!

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:20 am by frankie

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I think your synopsis of the situation is accurate, BS.

But there is one other wrinkle that I wonder about. It isnt that your post above doesnt allude to it; it does.

Specifically, the new military overlords have announced that there will be an on-going purge of the local and state police forces that are suspected of complicity with the gangs/cartels. Supposedly, it has started.

Now, the gangs and cartels have heard about the purge like everyone else.

So, just like their gang or cartel members whose allegiance they sometimes question, they decide to eliminate dirty cops who know too much about their operations and their operatives. Not all dead gang members or relatives are killed by the competing gangs. Gangs have a vested interest in limiting persons who have information about their operations. Some are killed from within the organization. Allegiances are not always strong, when you have been coerced to join these organizations, by virtue of threats to your family or your own safety.

There are probably two sides to this purge. One from the military overlords and one from the cartel hierarchy/gangs.

Heard anything like this, on the street?

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Bullshipper, that is what I hear from locals too. It is a tough situation. A lot of gringos make comparisons to the US and while there is a lot of gun violence there, gangs are not boldly gunning down cops. I can only hope they find a solution.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Of course, its implied.

And it bleeds over into other topics. Like folks moving here looking for a more affordable life, while we view that immigrants seeking asylum in the states is not legitimate even under duress.

If you are a policemen here, threatened, needing a job and safe sanctuary, but are told to wait in Mexico while your request to work is processed, do you wait, or cross illegally to stay with family in Los Angeles, or some other place called a sanctuary city.

Or a woman being threatened by cartel (gangs) in Hondurus, Salvadore, etc. She is even worse of than an able bodied cop in Sonora.

But how are we and other secure nations going to take on everyone that needs a safe haven while addiction and drug imports soar at the same time fueling more terror? If we can't control rogue paramilitary types around the world and drug lords, immigration problems are only going to grow as the poor turn to crime for lack of good jobs that are really the only other way out.

And when technology eliminates more and more good jobs, what will the poor turn to in rich nations when jobs like flipping burgers are no longer around either?

It boggles me.

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:04 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: I think your synopsis of the situation is accurate, BS.

But there is one other wrinkle that I wonder about. It isnt that your post above doesnt allude to it; it does.

Specifically, the new military overlords have announced that there will be an on-going purge of the local and state police forces that are suspected of complicity with the gangs/cartels. Supposedly, it has started.

So, just like their gang or cartel members whose allegiance they sometimes question, they decide to eliminate dirty cops who know too much about their operations and their operatives. Not all dead gang members or relatives are killed by the competing gangs. Gangs have a vested interest in limiting persons who have information about their operations. Some are killed from within the organization. Allegiances are not always strong, when you have been coerced to join these organizations, by virtue of threats to your family or your own safety.

There are probably two sides to this purge. One from the military overlords and one from the cartel hierarchy/gangs.

No I don't hear about military guys killing cops, ex cops, or gang members.
Military guys have soldiers to protect them.

Ex Military use their skills to form gangs, like the famous Zetas.

But dealers and cops on the run from the Cartels, have to join a gang to find more protection. On their own, they get picked off easier. 

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:16 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankie wrote: Hook wrote;

hook, i was responding to post #34 were the article is talking about a "cuerno de chivo" being recover. i explained what the cuerno de chivo is and referred to the video, so the readers could relate!
that is the point!

OK Frankie. If you feel that is relevant to anything, except what type of ILLEGAL weapon was used here, then let's hear it. I am not getting it. I think it is immaterial to the bigger picture. 

As a person who takes hunting groups out, maybe you have more interest in the hardware than I do.

This is an all-out, declared war. Read the narcomantas. See who's in charge of the police now. 

My interest in what the Americans or the Japanese were using in WWII to shoot at each other, has about the same level of interest to me. The results were still effective, on both sides. 

I've read too many articles about shells from a cuerno de chiva at the scene of a crime in Mexico, for it to be important, anymore. It's expected. 

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 05:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankie

Mana: 
post # 33 & 34 were posted articles about the positive activities of the new authority!
both articles were informative to the weary public to have answers!
the new authority is doing something!!!!
 they used drones for surveillance, they made arrests and confiscated firearms, shut down safe houses! most importantly they publicized!

i commented on the articles in Spanish as well as bullshipper!
we are giving our input because of our comprehension of Mexican Spanish!

i try not to be cynical about life here in San Carlos! i am neither a pessimist or an optimist, i am a realist! 
we can squawk and bitch like the seagulls, and it does nothing but allow us to vent!
it is what it is!
these articles provided me some assurance that something is being done!

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
For what it's worth....

A lousy cell phone microphone will not allow you to tell the difference between rifle fire and handgun fire due to sound dampening/leveling (have you ever listened to cell phone video recorded at a loud rock concert?).

As for full-auto or semi-auto, what is heard on the tape is semi-auto only. Full-auto is for fools unless you have *a lot* of practice and a bipod or other stabilizing device. The tape cuts in midway during the shooting, presumably many more shots than were recorded were shot before the guy could get his phone recording. I would defer to actual near-scene witnesses who heard the entire episode of gunfire on judgement regarding rifle vs. handgun and full-auto vs. semi-auto.

And I agree it doesn't really matter anyway.

Here are three articles regarding today's searches:

https://www.radarsonora.com/dos-sicarios-fueron-detenidos-en-real-de-cortes/

http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/noticias/14-local/3424-catean-dos-casas-en-real-de-cortes-y-detienen-a-dos-presuntos-delincuentes

https://opinionsonora.com/2019/09/29/dan-a-conocer-a-los-dos-delincuentes-que-fueron-capturados-en-casa-del-sector-real-de-cortes/

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:32 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: you can clearly hear the action of the Kalashnikov, it is very distinct!

maybe someone can place a video with an AK full auto!

for those who are familiar with the Kalashnikov, will tell you when used in semi -auto the sound the bolt makes is very distinguishable!
 in full auto the sound of the movement of the bolt is blurred into what sounds like a single noise!
i wasn't there!
 again i am only commenting of the distinct sound of the bolt, which was audible on the video.
bump stocks make a similar sound!
as "hook" stated who cares!
 i was just tossing in my 2 cents!

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 01:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

I did a short post and the video I shot from that night is there in the post, hard not to believe that the last two shooting are not related in any way.

http://sancarlos.tv/adriana-urias-diaz-was-brutally-murdered-in-san-carlos-this-is-why-her-case-will-never-be-solved/

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 02:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Vince, your video on Adriana’s shooting has the date “September 5, 2010” added in white lettering.
Might want to correct that to “2019”

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Hook wrote: I think your synopsis of the situation is accurate, BS.

No I don't hear about military guys killing cops, ex cops, or gang members.
Military guys have soldiers to protect them.

Ex Military use their skills to form gangs, like the famous Zetas.

But dealers and cops on the run from the Cartels, have to join a gang to find more protection. On their own, they get picked off easier. 

No, I wasn't implying that the military is killing off bad cops. 

I was implying that the gangs will target dirty cops to prevent them from tipping off their operations and operatives.

These police ambushes could be part of this.

Or, I guess, it could be the work of one of these vigilante groups, I suppose. I know they exist in many parts of Mexico, but don't know if they are here in Sonora.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
The date was a typo but when you look at the date published that becomes clear, didn't have time to re-edit it and then compress it and then upload it.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

No one in this group including myself has any idea if the Narco Manta that named Gustavo Navarrete as the head of a burglary ring in San Carlos is true. It is certainly not a coincidence that he was shot though. They personally named him and his patrol car unit number in the Manta. Amazing that they could let their guards down so easily and you would think that since he was named in a Narco Manta they would have been more vigilant about his safety. It was almost as if he could have been used as bate to catch bad guys in a Netflix drama scenario. 

We do know that police are corrupt though and we know in the past that police have been caught in the act of robbing houses. The robbery behind the Creston Motel is the one that most often comes to mind but there have been others.

Was he corrupt or was he just being targeted by the Cartel because he had been effective or was Adriana's death related to his shooting some how? It is all just speculation on our point at this moment.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
diver45

Mana: 
Just curious, which house behind creston was robbed and when. We sold our house earlier in the year.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

It was several years ago am looking for the link but I might not have blogged on that one. I will continue to look for it but in the meantime this what i have found on the Manglares area, I might have to shut the site down soon so you may want to download the pages if you like.

Here are the links,

http://sancarlos.tv/rash-of-burglaries-on-manglares/

http://sancarlos.tv/illegal-permits-allow-creston-public-beach-to-be-exploited-for-greedy-land-developing/

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

Did a pod cast back in 2012 I called Grand Theft San Carlos

I might start trying to do the pod cast's again....

http://sancarlos.tv/espisode-1-grand-theft-san-carlos/

Current time is 08:55 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > code red san carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems