San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Electric bill  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
frankie

Mana: 
here is what is printed on this cycle electric bill, for me; 10 jul 19 - 9 sept 19
                                      Total              Precio             Subtotal
Basico                            600                0.599             359.40
Intermedio 1                   900               0.750              675.00
Intermedio 2                   300               0.980               294.00
Excedente                                           2.890              3,702.58           
Suma                            4,133                                                         5933 KWH                                                    
here is the last cycle;   9 may 19 - 10 jul 19
Basico                           600                 0595              357.00
Intermedio 1                  900                0.744              669.50
Intermedio 2                  300                0.972              291.60
Excedente                    1,291               2,868             3,702.58                                    Suma                          3,091                                                                     
                                                                                               3091 KWH total

i used about 48 % more energy over the last cycle!
we pay more during this cycle! if you look at the different level rates IT APPEARS MINIMAL!

what changes for me during this cycle that does not occur during the past cycle or others?
for me, this year i ran both central AC's! i was figuring if i paid DOUBLE, the comfort would be worth it!
my mistake, i almost paid TRIPLE from the last cycle! 

were my 2 central 5 & 4 ton 16.5 SEER AC's set at 78 degrees the only contributor?
they were probably the major contributor, then you factor in the water pressure pump, which is used more because i am maintaining my minimal landscaping! the refrigerator probably uses more energy to maintain it's 2 temperature settings! my ceiling fans?
all my appliances, TV's, ceiling fans, have the energy efficiency rating star, all the lighting indoors and out i use CFL bulbs!! 

i am not convinced that there is no difference between paying once a month as opposed to what we are paying every 2 months!

Last edited on Sat Sep 28th, 2019 01:26 am by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Sep 27th, 2019 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
jsprag

Mana: 
Frankie,

You left off the excedente tier of your bill. If your bill was 5933 kWH the excedente portion would have been 4133 KWH. Unfortunately, this would be the major portion of the bill.

As I said earlier the tiers are double the single month KW usage for bi-monthly billing. You were given credit for 60 day billing for the 3 tiers at the lower rates. However, excedente is the top tier with no ceiling as opposed to CEA which charges the whole bill at the highest tier applicable.

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
js, i edited and added the Excedente and the suma, in post # 21

the billing cycle from may 9 to july 10, i didn't start using the AC till about the first week of JUNE, using only one unit! july i started using both AC's!

this is the point i am trying to make, if i was charged monthly the cycle would be May 9 to june 9/10 my KWH would have been probably be "Basico" or in the first tier!

for me june, would be "Basico" or just in the first tier, july, august, september, would be the heaviest months, tier 2 and maybe a small "Excedente" in a monthly cycle!

Last edited on Sat Sep 28th, 2019 01:57 am by frankie

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i appreciate everyone comments and suggestions! i hope they keep coming!
 were i live, we have a private sewer system "carcamo", the meter at the carcamo is billed MONTHLY!
example; using a "Basico" 30 day scale from 1 - 10, you are allowed a maximum of 10! the next 30 days you started at 10, this almost certainly places you in the next tiers and Excedente!!!!!!!

this OLD BURRO needs more convincing, that monthly billing would not be more economical! 

Attached Image (viewed 60 times):

burro.jpg

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
jsprag

Mana: 
The fact is you used 5933 KWH during a 60 day period.

Actually it would be worse if it were split in two 30 day cycles. For example if you use say 1000 kwh on a 30 day billing cycle, you are not getting the full benefit of the reduced rate of tier 2 and 3 and paying more for 4933 billed in the second month.

The point is they they do not carry over any unused portion of the lower tiers from month to month.

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
frankie

Mana: 
jsprag wrote: The fact is you used 5933 KWH during a 60 day period.

The point is they they do not carry over any unused portion of the lower tiers from month to month.

i see on the bill;
Apoyo Gobiemos 
Adeudo Antieior
2 discounts we receive!
how are these regulated? obviously by different factors and different ratios.
at my office i pay "Basico" i don't have the receipt here so i don't know if they discounted anything!

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
jsprag

Mana: 
I fail to see how sewers pertain to this discussion, but nevertheless and a humorous misdirection.

I certainly would not want to confuse you with the facts when your mind is made up.

Cheers

Last edited on Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:41 am by jsprag

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
frankie

Mana: 
jsprag wrote: I fail to see how sewers pertain to this discussion and a humerus misdirection.

I certainly would not want to confuse you with the facts when your mind is made up.

Cheers
my mind is NOT made up! i see conflicting opinions!

you missed my point, it was not a distraction, it merely verifies billing can and is done here monthly!
 the developer knowing the energy consumption using 220v pumps, opted for the savings to have the "carcamo" billed monthly!

this action, which at the time was considered prudent. is why i and others have always questioned the 60 day cycle apposed to the 30 day cycle!

well to through another wrench into the works, DOES THE "SENIOR" DISCOUNT APPLY TO THE ELECTRIC BILL ??????????
i'm pretty sure it can be used in the water bill!

Last edited on Sat Sep 28th, 2019 02:56 am by frankie

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 03:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the opinions i get are not just from the NOB readers from this and other forums!
i have friends and relatives who live in "Miramar" who have equal and mostly larger homes than mine! the majority of my neighbors are from Hermosillo and Obregon, when we have discussed the electric bill, their comments ARE always "PINCHE" CFE, NO ES JUSTO!!!!!!!

p.s the friends and relatives also have homes and businesses here and in Guaymas, THEY can and do have the receipts for apples with apples / oranges with oranges comparison! 

Last edited on Sat Sep 28th, 2019 03:31 am by frankie

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 03:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankie wrote: the opinion i get are not just from the NOB readers from this and other forums!
i have friends and relatives who live in "Miramar" who have equal and mostly larger homes than mine! the majority of my neighbors are from Hermosillo and Obregon, when we have discussed the electric bill, their comments is always "PINCHE" CEA!

Lord help us, if CEA actually becomes responsible for electricity, too.

Posted: Sat Sep 28th, 2019 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
frankie

Mana: 
HAHAHAHA , edited and corrected!

Current time is 10:28 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Electric bill Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems