San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
one dead at taco stand  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 05:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankie

Mana: 
the murder must have taken place this morning about 8:10/15am. i saw a body covered with a black piece of plastic under the red canopy of the taco stand! this is the taco stand by the dispencia near the church! there was one police truck and one officer when i was driving by! i was leaving maria's where i was having breakfast with my good friend, about a block away i arrived at 7:15. we left at about 8:15am. 
it is my understanding it was a female who was killed! we heard no shots fired!
the entire area around tortugas is now blocked off!

Last edited on Thu Sep 5th, 2019 05:02 pm by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 05:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 

From a Radar Sonora post on Facebook this morning:  

Quote:
Red code in San Carlos, they say they executed a girl in the vicinity of the church of this tourist center...
The victim apparently is a taco seller, named Adriana.
The Hitman would have wanted to shoot the woman's dad too but he got his gun stuck.

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
Dang! That is hitting close to home. A civilian hit. My wife and I love Sarita's tacos. We walk down there a couple times a week for her Barbacoa tacos. This really sucks. they seem like a really nice family. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this.

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
 i drove in around 9:15am saw some police and marina, i went for LP gas and by my office. on my way back the scene was cleared, with a few marked police trucks circulating the main boulevard all the way out towards la manga!

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
There are articles at both Opinion Sonora and Radar Sonora. No graphic photos, but there is one of a covered body.

https://opinionsonora.com/2019/09/05/identifican-a-mujer-que-fue-ejecutada-cuando-llegaba-a-trabajar-en-taqueria-de-san-carlos/

https://www.radarsonora.com/ejecutan-a-mujer-en-una-taqueria-de-san-carlos/

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Adriana Diaz,dropping off supplies to the family taco stand took bullects to the face and body, but single assailants gun jammed letting her dad escape.

This is in 100 feet in front of and in plain view of our police station. Course no one say which way the guy took off. I wonder in silencer was used on this attractive victim.

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 11:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I have always wonder how ALL of the sicarios in the area seem to evaporate into thin air.....Has anyone ever heard of an assassin in the SC/Guaymas/Emplame area ever being apprehended???  

So close to the local Police Station....But, it is hard for those police to chase a sicario when they are trembling with fear while hiding under their desk...

Last edited on Thu Sep 5th, 2019 11:26 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i arrived on scene minutes after it happened, just one cop at the scene. in the time it took to get a half a block where they sell televera to park, 6/8 police vehicles arrived. by the time i got out to walk over and take pics there where more and the ambulance.
i was less than a block away having breakfast. we did not hear any shots!
walking back to my car, and leaving there, where police scouring the area. driving back to the house, there where officers at the bahia!

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2019 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
about a month ago 6 sicarios WHERE arrested here in san carlos!

Posted: Fri Sep 6th, 2019 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
https://opinionsonora.com/2019/09/05/cae-al-presunto-homicida-de-mujer-en-taqueria-de-san-carlos-al-parecer-es-funcionario-municipal/

The alleged murderer of a woman in the taqueria of San Carlos falls; apparently he is a municipal official

***But now I see this:***

https://www.radarsonora.com/desmienten-haya-detenido-alguno-en-caso-de-mujer-asesinada-en-san-carlos/

They deny that they arrested any in the case of a woman murdered in San Carlos

Search operations continue by the Navy and other corporations in that tourist destination

Last edited on Fri Sep 6th, 2019 01:26 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Fri Sep 6th, 2019 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
?

Last edited on Fri Sep 6th, 2019 03:54 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Fri Sep 6th, 2019 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankie

Mana: 
from shortly after the shooting to this moment the rumor mill is in full swing!

the "opinion" announcing the perpetrator was in custody, and was an "oficial" is curious because of the time of their reporting all facilities of authority where on an active man hunt! this morning on the radio a reporter from "opinion" did not withdraw the claim of the reporting of the accusation of a "oficial", he only said there has not been an official announcement!

at 6:00 pm yesterday there was a road block at the OXXO on the far west side. also the different types of authorities where heavily patrolling out and into La Manga, all day! 

what we can surely surmise is the shooter was seen by the victims father!

lots of arm chair speculation on how the authorities are handling the situation!

the "sicarios" are like cockroaches, you see one on the floor and by the time you get the can of raid, it disappeared!

Last edited on Fri Sep 6th, 2019 05:40 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Sep 6th, 2019 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I am going to post here what was moderated from another bulletin board because my original post made reference to an individual who was banned and the moderator alleged that my post was potentially slanderous. It was made in response to someone who asked if there was any new news. Here it is:

Regarding any new news, no, I haven't seen anything. Hard to know what is true. Journalistic standards are highly variable at both Opinion Sonora and Radar Sonora, add a dash of government corruption/misinformation and rumor reported as fact, and the actual truth can be very hard to figure out.

Some people speculate that this is cartel/drug violence, but it seems to me the sicarios for the cartels tend to work in pairs, and there was only a single gunman here. There are many other possible motives other than drug/cartel violence, such as:

1. Boyfriend/husband she may have recently broke up with.
2. Refusal to pay protection money (where the suspect could be a police officer, cartel member, or both, which I suppose could correctly be classified as a cartel crime)
3. Business dispute/competitor
4. Mentally ill rejected suitor of the female who had access to guns
5. Attempted kidnapping gone bad
6. Killer hired by ex-girlfriend of new guy the victim had started dating
7. Armed robbery gone bad

But without knowing the evidence or leads being pursued (if they are being pursued) by the police, it's hard to know what really happened. All of the above is mere speculation. It could be something completely unrelelated to any of these speculative scenarios.

Last edited on Fri Sep 6th, 2019 08:18 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Sat Sep 7th, 2019 06:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Father didn't recognize gunman. Sounds like the father only escaped because the gun jammed.

https://www.radarsonora.com/no-esta-identificado-quien-mato-a-mujer-en-san-carlos/

Posted: Sat Sep 7th, 2019 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
frankie

Mana: 
in the article it states 7 shots from a .40 caliber pistol where fired. yesterday, the friend i was with spoke with another friend of ours who was at the same restaurant. we all agreed we heard no shots fired! .40 cal's are loud!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 8th, 2019 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I know the family well. How sad.

Posted: Sun Sep 8th, 2019 04:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Sometimes it pays (literally!) to take a long time looking for the can of Raid, Frankie.

Think of how many crimes of violence and crimes of burglary or robbery or theft in San Carlos would be reduced if there was a continuous checkpoint where the Delfinario Road meets Beltrones? They even built a small substation there. But it goes unmanned.

The logic of this is so apparent, so predictably effective that there can be only one reason why it hasn't happened. There are stronger motives and persons that DON'T want it to happen, as opposed to the victims. The fear to do so is greater than the collective courage that black market money creates.

The inconveniences of a checkpoint to vacationers is unimportant. The negative appearances of the checkpoint, signifying that an on-going crime wave needs deterring, is unimportant.The reality of the situation is in all the newspapers and in all the social media. There is no need to keep up appearances.

Last edited on Sun Sep 8th, 2019 04:30 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Sep 8th, 2019 07:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Hook wrote
Think of how many crimes of violence and crimes of burglary or robbery or theft in San Carlos would be reduced if there was a continuous checkpoint where the Delfinario Road meets Beltrones? They even built a small substation there. But it goes unmanned.

The inconveniences of a checkpoint to vacationers is unimportant. The negative appearances of the checkpoint, signifying that an on-going crime wave needs deterring, is unimportant.The reality of the situation is in all the newspapers and in all the social media. There is no need to keep up appearances.

i have been an advocate of this concept for years!
there may be a question of legality doing so!
"but" there is always a check point during semana santa!

Posted: Sun Sep 8th, 2019 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
Since when did anyone around here really pay attention to the "legality" of anything? Very little action is ever taken when a law is broken so who cares anyway. A 24 hr Check Point could be a great deterrent although a bit of an annoyance if you go in and out of San Carlos very often. It could be worth a try and might give us residents some false sense of security to feel the government is at least "trying" to make a difference. Yes, I sound a bit negative but this latest situation at the Taco stand has been very upsetting especially the victim being a hard working young woman many of us knew.

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Petty dealers are being paid $1800 pesos a week in SC. These are the people that have been getting knocked off because they are competing with some very hard types.

If people are willing to risk their lives for that amount of dough or because they are associating with criminals its because they like the life and the action.

Current time is 07:13 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > one dead at taco stand Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems