San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Great day has arrived (I think)  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue May 14th, 2019 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
JCB

Mana: 
On Monday going north there were several huge signs along the hightway announcing the Hermo bypass.  When I got to the entrance it was still blocked with traffic cones.  Today on my way back south, there were still more huge signs with  big arrows.  This is just south of the toll booth.  The north entrance was still blocked with traffic cones but there was a police car parked there as well.  Later, when I got to the south entrance, there were several police cars next to the traffic cones so at that point, I decided that they must be there to open the road at a signal from someone or maybe they were there waiting for the governor to make a speech to open the road.  In any case, I think it is safe to conclude that if the bypass isn't open today, it will be tomorrow.  Hurray!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 14th, 2019 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Great news!  Thanks for sharing

Posted: Tue May 14th, 2019 11:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Iggy

Mana: 
Wow. Good news!! Thanks for the report. Now I don't have to pull my 5th wheel through Hermosillo this fall. Plus the Obregon Bypass .I'm in heaven. Can't wait to come dow this fall. Thanks again!!   Iggy.

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JCB

Mana: 

There are huge signs south of the toll booth but the general idea is that will turn off the main highway at blvd Morales to head west.  Then after 1/2 mile or so, you will make a U-turn and then head back towards the highway.  It is all very will marked.  Eventually you will cross over the highway, loop around and will be back on the highway heading back NORTH.  Almost immediately afterwards you will come to the entrance to the new bypass road on your right.  Take that.  Eventually you will reenter the main highway about 5 miles south of Hermosillo.  

The new bypass makes a loop well to the EAST of Hermosillo.

Eventually there will be a new overpass that will allow you to enter the bypass directly but for now you will need to to the Morales U-turn route.  Immediately south of the toll booth, there is a road running of to the west but that is not it.  It is the 2nd road to the right after the toll booth, maybe 1 1/2-2 miles south of the toll booth.   There are many LARGE signs so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited on Wed May 15th, 2019 02:06 am by JCB

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The goerness inagurated Proyecto Puente today May 14th
$200 m pesos was the estimated budget, and the 36 km toll highway came in at $750
Its 2 lanes, akes off SE from the new toll station just south of the old toll booth, traveling around the east side of the the main resavoir, going through the Ind Park and rejoins the highway just south of town.
$74 was the estimated toll for this concession but they are not confirming that rate yet.

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 01:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dezrat57

Mana: 
I was heading north back to Az. a few weeks ago and on a map app it showed it called it Hwy 15B going around the reservoir

Dave

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Angel

Mana: 
41 km in length, toll will be 113 pesos, it is supposed to save 40 minutes. According to El Imparcial. 

Last edited on Wed May 15th, 2019 04:14 pm by Angel

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Hmm...I think the estimate by El Imparcial writers may be exaggerated a little.
It only takes me 30 minutes to drive through HMO (not the Periferico); I have timed it many times.
So it may save me 20 minutes to take the new bypass?

It will be nice to try it and see.

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I agree, no way will it save 40 minutes. I make it through in 25 to 30 minutes at the most. But, it should save a great deal of frustration.

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
m620c

Mana: 
I drove the new bypass coming down this morning and what a genuine delight, versus going through Hermosillo.  Lots of places to pass, two wide lanes with reasonable shoulder.  No entry or exit access the entire length, except some of the private farms/ranches.  No services of any kind at this time.  The toll booths are open at the toll plaza, but most of the other structures being built at the plaza are still under construction.  It is 113 pesos for a car, didn't really look at the other fees.  I have always considered 30 minutes from the Hermosillo toll booth to the last stop light on the south side of town to be making fairly good time.  I checked closely today, from the Hermosillo toll booth to the ramp getting on 15 south of Hermosillo took me 25 minutes.  That includes the toll stop and the detour route getting on the bypass south of the Hermosillo toll booth.

Posted: Wed May 15th, 2019 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
JCB

Mana: 

I have also consistently needed 30 min to get across Hermosillo in either direction.  It appears that time saved will be around 10 min so the time saved is negligible on the basis of the 5 hr drive to/from the border.  The trade-off is the toll vs avoiding the traffic/signals that one must deal with going through town. 

The heavy trucks might use the bypass north bound but coming south, they would have a real problem with the U-turn on Morales. 

Posted: Thu May 16th, 2019 03:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
chucklesg

Mana: 
The bypass should be a lot more convenient for RV's and those towing. When will the detour be eliminated?

Posted: Thu May 16th, 2019 12:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
JCB

Mana: 
To eliminate the detour, a new overpass has to be built.  They have not started work on it yet so it will be a long time before it is finished.

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
sue-she

Mana: 
Is the u turn at Morales not good for one towing a boat?

Posted: Sun May 26th, 2019 01:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
miguelito_b

Mana: 
Took the bypass south on my way to Navojoa. Cost was $113 pesos. Follow the signs as it will take you thru a u-turn. It is single lane well paved highway bypass. Took it around noon.  Took 20 minutes to get to the south end. Well worth it and time saver. You will bypass all the traffic.

Posted: Sun May 26th, 2019 02:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
I would say yes to towing boat.

Posted: Mon May 27th, 2019 12:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankie

Mana: 
look for these signs for the bypass "LIBRAMIENTO" north bound!

Attached Image (viewed 310 times):

bypass 001.JPG

Posted: Mon May 27th, 2019 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
frankie

Mana: 
sign

Attached Image (viewed 320 times):

bypass 003.JPG

Posted: Mon May 27th, 2019 12:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
look for these signs south bound

Attached Image (viewed 296 times):

bypass 005.JPG

Posted: Mon May 27th, 2019 12:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
sign

Attached Image (viewed 336 times):

bypass 006.JPG

Last edited on Mon May 27th, 2019 12:48 pm by frankie

Current time is 06:47 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Great day has arrived (I think) Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems