San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Easing of restrictions on nationalizing NAFTA vehicles?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Easing of restrictions on nationalizing NAFTA vehicles?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 11:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
I am a member of the Mazatlan Yahoo members group. 

Yesterday or today, a prominent attorney, who has previously been very instrumental in dealing with immigration issues and car importing issues for many years, posted that she can begin to process vehicles for importation again. This follows a long period where the Mexican government ground the process to a near halt, due to an incredible amount of fraud being perpetrated by unscrupulous importers with fraudulent paperwork.

Her name is Sonia Diaz and she is very famous and well-respected in the gringo community from Mazatlan south to PV and east to San Miguel d Allende.

Anyway, she has posted that she can begin the nationalization process for any NAFTA vehicle (basically, a VIN that begins with a number instead of a letter) from year 2000-2016. The cost is a sliding scale depending on the year and value of the vehicle. But she states that she can give a firm estimate of the cost based on the VIN alone. The range is between 40k and 70k pesos.

There are conditions:

-Vehicle must currently be in Mexico
-Owner must possess a Mex DL, a temp resident card or a permanente resident card or, in the case of a Mex National, an IFE/INE card.

She says the process should take about two months. I do not know about whether the vehicle needs to be in her neck of the woods.

On her website, she warns that if you encounter other entities that claim they can process an importation claim within days, you can be 100% sure it is fraudulent. 

So, if you know of other importers in Sonora, you might contact them and see if a thaw in importation has indeed occurred. 

Anyway, she can be contacted at 

SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
when i imported my 2001 cherokee 3 years ago i used a sonoran attorney who deals in importation.
i met him at the mcdonaldsi n nogales,az. i followed him across, started the paper work at his office, drove the car for inspection, had a sticker placed on the wind shield. the entire process to about 3/4 hours. i brought my new mexican titled paperwork to vehicle registration here in guaymas and got my license plates.
i have paid for my new license tags 3 times now!

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
So, what did you pay him ??

Last edited on Thu Apr 4th, 2019 01:08 am by nice guy

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i think iT was about $1200 usd. BUT AS HOOK STATED IT DEPENDS ON THE YEAR AND VALUE OF THE VEHICLE!

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 09:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
gpyros

Mana: 

Hook:

We lived down in that area (Guadalajara/Lake Chapala) in the summers for a few years, and I was familiar with her when we were there.

She has been saying that she can import vehicles for years now, and collects money in advance from people wishing that it was true.

She hasn't had a successful importation other than the standard ones that anyone can do at the border.

FYI, she is not a lawyer by any stretch, just a facilitator who works with gringos.

Maybe things have changed now, but just be careful.  She promises to refund all your money if she can't import the vehicle, but somehow not all of it gets returned.

Last edited on Thu Apr 4th, 2019 11:08 pm by gpyros

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 09:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Refund does happen , but was about 10k less than sent.

Posted: Thu Apr 4th, 2019 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i used Lic. Oscar Fco. Angula,  ancomercial@hotmail.com  

this was 3-4 years ago.

Last edited on Thu Apr 4th, 2019 10:46 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Frankie,
Thanks for the info.

Posted: Sat Apr 6th, 2019 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
gpyros wrote:
Hook:

We lived down in that area (Guadalajara/Lake Chapala) in the summers for a few years, and I was familiar with her when we were there.

She has been saying that she can import vehicles for years now, and collects money in advance from people wishing that it was true.

She hasn't had a successful importation other than the standard ones that anyone can do at the border.

FYI, she is not a lawyer by any stretch, just a facilitator who works with gringos.

Maybe things have changed now, but just be careful.  She promises to refund all your money if she can't import the vehicle, but somehow not all of it gets returned.

Thanks for the info, Greg. Good to know.

What would be important to know, if one is considering importing, is whether this logjam has finally freed up.

Current time is 02:44 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Easing of restrictions on nationalizing NAFTA vehicles? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems