San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Immigration ideas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 2nd, 2019 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I still believe that the majority of the people making this journey are young men seeking the highest possible wage, and that the few women and children are meeting up with men that are already established in the states with a place where they can stay.

I realize that there are gangs in their countries, but I really doubt that they are extorting poor mothers and young children that have no money. They too enjoy protection provided by their immediate family, neighbors, priests and police and military. 

We, not Costa Rica or Mexico, have stated that asylum is a legitimate excuse, and they are using that plus all its loopholes. Can't blame them, but this was designed to address problems 60 years ago, and those regulations now need some modernization as the law places no limits on the number of people who will be admited because they need help and also dream of getting rich.

So placing application limits is the only way I can think of managing this problem in an orderly fashion. I personally do not want to be paying huge lawsuits to aliens because we do not have the facilities to detain them safely or with staff that are spread too thin. We already have over 50,000 agents on payroll to protect the small border entry places, and I consider that enough of a burden, when you also add in all the social workers that are and will continue to helping them along every where else in the states.

Looking for middle ground.

Last edited on Tue Apr 2nd, 2019 11:18 pm by Bullshipper

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Apr 2nd, 2019 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
PBS is running a series called Fleeing Home that examines what life is really like in Honduras. If you don't give them money, they kill you. There are no consequences. Mexico should stop them from coming. Mexico should stop people stealing gas from pipelines. Mexico should wipe out the cartels. Mexico should stop the murders in Guaymas/San Carlos. There I fixed it.

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
legal immigration - legal asylum seekers

2 entirely different forms of entering the USA!

legal immigration: i have acquaintances who have tried to get work permits for the USA. the VETTING is strict, the process is time consuming and costly with many trips to the place of application, usually not close to anyone applying!!

legal asylum seekers; every time we get into a conflict or war there is always asylum seekers!!!! then there are the asylum seekers and scammers looking for entry for humanitarian reasons! WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS TO JUDGE WHO CAN AND WHO CAN'T????

there was an immigration initiative called the "BRACERO PROGRAM", i think a modified program such as the "BRACERO PROGRAM" is a viable option.
* they are sponsored to come in with a time limit, 6 mouths 1 year, ect.
* they are guaranteed good wages for good work
* they are offed fair housing by their sponsors
* medical benefits provided by the sponsor
* no path to citizenship
* if well behaved an open invitation to return
* they are not eligible to any government public assistance 

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 12:26 am by frankie

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 01:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Frankie
A man comes accross the border, intending to be arrested.
He is and Trump wants to send him back to Mexico.
But you need Mexico's permission to admit him, he has no papers, and he doesn't want to go or look for a low paying job there.
So Ice assigns him a court date to review his case, and release him as there is no room in the USA detention centers.
This is all legal until he misses his court date, and then he is illegal.
Try to find him behind a fake SS number, no license, subletting a bedroom in a house.
He makes money, sends for the wife, and she claims she is a victum when she gets arrested, released, and overstays here court date.

Coyotes are informing, organizing and charging them to beat our system. Its a biz, pure and simple.

Beceros with temporary seasonal working permits along with folks with tourist visas just overstay their legal time limit and become illegal when they do so. But there are so many people trying to cross that their cases are no longer heard in a reasonable time so they start to cross illegally w/o papers too. Here the crush of of illegals causes the becero to unwillingly become illegal.

Person marries someone in the USA and wants citizenship. $1500 is the cost to apply plus the lawyer a foreigner will probably need just to fill out the paper work, if they are well documented from their home country in the 1st place. If not, I have to cross to my country, and face a strong possibility that they might not get back into the USA. So they just hang out for a few years, as its now easy to blend in communities where they are surrounded by the same nationality.

Then a gal decides to have a baby in the US a month before she is due. Baby gets a passport and a SS Number, which someone else pays benefits to so that I get a pension even though I never actually pay any taxes. That child bemes a sponson to help get citizenship for the rest of the family, etc etc.

Is this what our forefathers imagined when our laws were written?

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote:

the immigration problem has never been solved with the smartest minds of each party!!!

i know my last post was a suggestion, i wrote this in my post #6, there will always be LOOP HOLES!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 01:13 am by frankie

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 03:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Doesn't Anyone Else think That having them Buy their Citizenship is a good Idea...Am I the only one?

$30,000 X 40,000 people = 1,200,000,000  Per Month

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 03:14 am by Jimmy

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 01:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankie

Mana: 
back to the "bracero" concept;

as per jimmy, have the sponsor pay a bond
as per bullshipper, use a human ID chip
nothing would be perfect, but these ideas would help

Attached Image (viewed 229 times):

ID chip.jpg

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 01:02 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 02:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
The answer to this problem is to adopt the Mexico immigration program. Zero tolerance, guilty until proven innocent, rapid deportation (to home of origin), or imprisonment. This is usually reserved for anyone coming to Mexico, without proper documentation and trying to work or set up businesses here in Mexico. Have seen it happen many times. Can name people who have had this happen in SC, and were turned over to authorities by competing Mexican businesses. Can name them also.

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
They put chips in dogs, why not people. Be kinda like Logan's Run. When their visa is up, the red light flashes. 

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 04:06 pm by nice guy

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Wow.  BIG BROTHER in action...very dehumanizing.

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 05:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
contez

Mana: 
Well, people think dogs are humans, and they are chipped...so, what the difference for Humans ???
If help....why not??
U & K

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 05:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
The problem is that the US, UK and other human rights places won't accept national ID cards. Maybe should have national DNA testing ID cards.  In Mexico, people have national  ID cards. In the US, there are Soc Sec numbers, in Canada Soc Ins numbers. Both useless except for paying taxes. So the chips would be better. 

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
you can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time!!
Abraham Lincoln

Last edited on Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 06:57 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Apr 3rd, 2019 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
You can never please a constitutionalist, that believes in the rule of law by constantly force feeding illegal activities down his/her throat. STOP ILLEGAL ENTRY. BLEEDING HEARTS, change the laws you don't like. As America spirals down the drain, this is probably your best chance to change these laws.

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i believe in the constitution!! 
things evolve and adjust for the times. there has been 33 approved amendments to the constitution since it signing!
i don't believe american is spiraling down the drain! 
we are in a moment of time, with grand and spectacular changes!!
it takes time and UNIFIED leadership to adjust!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
First of all Frankie, is not a racist. That being said, he does not have the advantage of living and working in the U.S. in the years that have most noticeably resulted in me saying America is spiraling down the drain. All one has had to do is spend the last 15-20 yrs in California, and you see what progressive, liberal philosophies can lead to.
I would like someone (PLEASE) to refute this statement.....any of you trying pulling off, what illegals constantly pull off in the U.S. here in Mexico, and see what happens.

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
In California there are 400,000 registered voters who are illegal immigrants/Not US citizens. 

Last edited on Fri Apr 5th, 2019 04:49 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Like I said Jimmy, any of you want to try and get involved in Mexican politics here, let alone vote? If so, let us know how that goes.

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
frankie

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: First of all Frankie, is not a racist. That being said, he does not have the advantage of living and working in the U.S. in the years that have most noticeably resulted in me saying America is spiraling down the drain. 
WHAT?????? who said i was a racist? it has only been a FEW YEARS that i haven't owned a home in the USA, as a matter of FACT; i owned my home in Tucson and a ranch in wickenberg,az. until recently! 

during those years i am accused of not being there, my construction company COULD only use SUB-CONTRACTORS who hired legal workers, THIS WAS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES!!!!!!
i still have my business LLC in Arizona!!!!

is there a problem with illegal immigration, YES THERE IS!!!!

the problem arises when the BROWN SKINNED ILLEGALS are clumped together with the BROWN SKINNED AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!

i have been a victim of this racism!!

last august while traveling with my wife, Mexican born and also a USA citizen, at upscale locations. we where speaking spanish and on 2 occasions, we heard people say, I WISH THOSE MEXICANS WOULD ALL GO BACK TO MEXICO! MY WIFE LAUGHED AND SAID PINCHE GRINGOS, AS FOR ME MY FEELINGS WHERE HURT!  

Last edited on Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:22 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, my point was, (only because you say you have been here so long) that you did not have the advantage of living in the US for the past 20 years, full time, to witness how the progressive, liberal factions have damaged our democracy.

Instead Frankie, and others address what I have cited in posts #36 and 38. I would really like some meaningful dialog on those posts.

Current time is 11:31 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Immigration ideas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems