San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Installing and connecting a TCL/Roku Smart TV.

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Installing and connecting a TCL/Roku Smart TV.  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I just purchased a TCL/Roku 55 inch smart TV from Amazon.com.mx. Despite the written instructions, I am having trouble connecting this TV to the Telcel Internet. Rather than spending hours trying to figure out the problem, I'm hoping to find someone who knows how to do this. Does anyone know someone who is expert at this?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Can't help with that, but how was the Amazom MX experience and delivery?

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I have had very good results when purchasing from amazon.com.mx. They regularly communicate and keep you advised of the progress of the purchase and delivery. My big problem has been regular changes in delivery dates either earlier or later, This means that I must set aside time to be at home to receive a package. Then at the last minute, the delivery date changes. Since I teach school, I find myself cancelling a class 2 or 3 times to accommodate delivery date changes for just one item. The Amazon in the US has much more reliable deliveries so I usually wait until I go to the USA and place my order a week before I leave Mexico.

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 06:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
LAMax

Mana: 
Here's a link with video that might help:
https://support.tclusa.com/23507-roku-tv/258975-how-to-connect-your-tcl-roku-tv-to-the-internet

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thanks LaMax: I have been following this procedure some 20 times over the last 2 days. I strongly suspect my TelMex modem since it is a 001 error code. I have called Scott. But I am seeking info on alternate Internet services while I am going through the process. In addition to MegaCable I am hoping for some feedback on a new service in town.

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Righton

Mana: 
You might call Chava or Gaberil at 044-622-109-0707 or their office 226-0888

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 07:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Ballenamar first thing to try is reboot your modem and or router. Do you have a WIFI signal at the TV? I have a TCL works good on WIFI. You can PM or Email me.

Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thanks to everyone. I called Chava. He urged me to call TCL which I did. They took me  through a complete setup process and we got it working. It turns out that there was a bad error in the TCL documentation which my contact did not know about. But, by simply following his verbal instructions ( which were different than my written documentation) things worked. It was later noted that my TV is a newer version and the documentation had not been completely checked on my version. Thanks also to Scott Stimson for his assistance. 

Last edited on Sat Mar 16th, 2019 01:33 pm by ballenamar

Current time is 10:56 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Installing and connecting a TCL/Roku Smart TV. Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems