San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Ultrasound or fluroscope guided cortizone shots for arthritis

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Ultrasound or fluroscope guided cortizone shots for arthritis  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 6th, 2019 07:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
alexanderson

Mana: 
Looking for an alternative to avoid driving back to AZ for routine shots in my thumb joints.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 12:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
goldin

Mana: 
Since you said alternative, I’ll suggest one. If it’s pain you are looking to relieve, then I have something to talk about. I have a husband that for years has had bone-on-bone shoulders AND hips due to arthritis. For many years I’ve looked for a prescription pain killer that worked. Nothing, until I took him to an orthopedic surgeon in the states. She recommended an nsaid that has worker for her patients. We were only able to get a 90 days rx before coming here and paid around $90. I found it here, without rx for $1.50 for a 30 pill bottle at Similares. As you know nsaids, like Aleve, do work but they can affect your stomach and may cause bleeds. You have to take them with food. The magic med is called diclofenac, diclofenaco in Spanish. My husband found the 50mg med works for him fine. He takes them every 12 hours. Good luck.

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
One of the brand names is Voltarén, and is available in a 100 mg dose, which is what I use.
Prescription drug in th USA, but can be purchased OTC in Mexico, as poster #2 stated.
This med also comes in a topical gel, in two different strengths, which I use.
Great stuff.

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 02:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
I have had amazing results with a liquid called DMSO. I suggest you do a search for "DMSO arthritis" and check it out.

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 09:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
alexanderson

Mana: 
I found Voltarin locally and learned shots are available from Dr. Mike at the imaging center just north of the Pemex in SC.  Receptionist said he's not using ultrasound guidance and that others have asked for it.  
Has anyone found DMSO locally?  No luck at the pharmacies or the wellness shop in SC.

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Here is its unabreviated name and some more info on DMSO

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-dmso

Posted: Sun Mar 10th, 2019 12:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
We used DMSO 40 years ago on our horses and it helped one of our dogs.  The stuff is amazing but I haven't tried it lately on human issues.  It worked for me many years ago but I actually forgot about it until now.  Can you buy it here I wonder?  I may try it again.

Wouldn't the medical and drug profession be upset if a simple application of DMSO would ease arthritis pain? They would have to go out of business.

Posted: Sun Mar 10th, 2019 12:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
goldin

Mana: 
In reading about DSMO, it appears it’s approved by the FDA only for use in treating instertitial cystitis. Maybe because of toxicity concerns. So my question to the ones who have used it is, how long have you and have you seen any secondary effects? Also have you found it here and in what format? Thanks.

Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
I never had to use it for long periods of time. Toxicity concerns are usually due to contaminants during the application. The stuff that I am using now is 100% pure and I get sort of a "burning" sensation for an hour or so after applying it. Less than 70% pure is not effective.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-DMSO-99-995-Dimethyl-Sulfoxide/dp/B01MFDSL6J

Last edited on Tue Mar 12th, 2019 01:16 am by kiteboarder

Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks, kiteboarder. It looks like you are using this substance topically, so it’s a cream or liquid. Are you using it for muscle pains? And how effective is it in terms of periods of no pain in between applications? Thanks.

Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
olel

Mana: 
Dr. Andrew Yakushevich does this shots. The office is across from the Ley supermarket. 226-2223

Posted: Tue Mar 12th, 2019 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
goldin, yes I apply the liquid topically. It is hard for me to accurately say how effective it is as I naturally heal well with time.  I don't really use it for pain. I use it to make the cause of the pain go away. I first used it in the 70's but hadn't thought about it again until just over a year ago when I found some at my dad's house.

I have used it on a knee that had been bothering me for several months and within a week it felt fine. I used it on my thumb that was getting stiff and sore and that had been bothering me for about a year (I assumed that it was arthritis) and again, it went away within a week. Both of those were over a year ago and neither one has returned. 

I have spent most of my life outdoors in the sun and I constantly get various types of sun spots and keratoses. They usually go away in a week or two at the most. I recently had one that had grown larger, more raised, and darker and it concerned me because I had it for several months. I made an appointment with a doctor and I also started applying DMSO. Within three days it was gone.

I take a blood thinner, Pradaxa, so I bruise rather easily and this seems to cut the healing time down to a day or two. I recently started using it on one hand and arm and not the other to see if it keeps that arm more clear than the other of bruises and sun spots. I have used it on deeper bruises and damage as well (from kiteboarding crashes) and it seems to help.

Could be just coincidences but I haven't had any negative experience with it so I'll keep using it. 

Posted: Tue Mar 12th, 2019 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks, kiteboarder. I’m guessing you don’t get your med here. Could you, if you have? Also is it an rx? Thanks.

Posted: Tue Mar 12th, 2019 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Goldin, I couldn't find it here so I ordered it from Amazon in the states. Not rx.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-DMSO-99-995-Dimethyl-Sulfoxide/dp/B01MFDSL6J

Posted: Tue Mar 12th, 2019 01:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks.

Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2019 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
hugh

Mana: 
I use it daily for pain and it is avaible at leons in Guaymas It stops my pain from torn muscles and aids in healing. Aout 600 pesos a liter

Current time is 01:26 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Ultrasound or fluroscope guided cortizone shots for arthritis Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems