San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Code Red  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 04:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
long time resident

Mana: 
What exactly is Code Red?  I heard San Carlos was under a code Red?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
From what I read in this article, it appears to be when our local police call for the state police for armed help.

The article also says that several concerned neighbors reported trucks with armed civilians around 730 pm yeasterday.

https://opinionsonora.com/2019/02/21/activan-codigo-rojo-en-san-carlos-por-el-reporte-de-hombres-armados/

Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MountainbikeVH

Mana: 
Wow scary. I was at Club Deportivo at the educational talk, left about 8:15 PM and saw and heard nothing on Beltrones up until the road to Ranchitos Where I turned. 

Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
there is an update report on Opinion Sonora today. I can't understand it very well but looks as though this incident may have happened at or near the Royal Country club.

I don't know what a "CODE RED" in Guaymas is. Seems  "ALL" AVAILABLE personnel show up. Local, State, Federal including the Military.  At least that's a good thing right?

There is a bit more discussion on viva about this...

Last edited on Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 09:52 pm by dolphin007

Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
dolphin007 wrote: there is an update report on Opinion Sonora today. I can't understand it very well but looks as though this incident may have happened at or near the Royal Country club.

I don't know what a "CODE RED" in Guaymas is. Seems  "ALL" AVAILABLE personnel show up. Local, State, Federal including the Military.  At least that's a good thing right?

There is a bit more discussion on viva about this...

They are confused. Royal was im Jan. Last might was at an Oxxo on Beltrones

Posted: Fri Feb 22nd, 2019 10:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Is this what you were reading?? And Yes Apparently there were several residents that called the police. I wasn't there to see????

https://opinionsonora.com/2019/02/22/grupo-armado-ingresa-al-royal-golf-de-san-carlos-y-se-lleva-a-4-personas/

Posted: Sat Feb 23rd, 2019 04:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
maryt

Mana: 
The article is dated 2/22/19 and states that armed people entered Royal Golf and kidnapped 4 men who were later released in Guaymas. All information is unofficial as the official sources were saying nothing.

Posted: Sat Feb 23rd, 2019 05:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I hadnt seen the second report, my mistake

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Riley Dog

Mana: 
Any further news on this incident?  Are situations like this a growing concern?  We left S.C. just a couple days before this happened.  Seemed so safe and quiet.  We have been hoping to purchase a home here in the near future, so any opinions and input would be greatly appreciated.  

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 01:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
suzmax

Mana: 
I haven't heard any more news on this issue. But we did buy a home here last summer and live here full time. We absolutely love it. For us it definitely feels safe and quiet. I was not far from the incident when it happened and didn't hear or see anything. In our opinion, San Carlos truly is a lovely place to live. Lovely people (Mexicans and gringos), lovely scenery and so much to do! 

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 05:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I think someone was just convinced to start paying their bills on time. I was home, it happened just up the street, and I didn't hear or see more than the newspaper report.

It doesn't make me apprehensive.

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 06:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 

Bullshipper, You been here far longer then I. Maybe you are a little more desensitized to these kind of issues.  San Carlos is a little town of 6K people ( Not all full-timers either!) 

So, based on your statement if you actually believe that to be true, Then the way I see it, there are others that should probably be expecting a visit to be "encouraged" to pay their UNPAID bills? If nothing else those who are so far behind in paying the Mexican Government the Property Taxes they are duly owed.

There are some people who simply don't pay all their bills in San Carlos. Is this what should now be expected.    

I sure hope you were just kidding around...That would be absolutely horrible and devastating to the many good people who Pay all their bills in this community this is not normal in anyone's eyes.

You, sir, say you live right up the street from where this occurred, didn't hear or see a thing and you're not too bothered? 

There were San Carlos residents that were scared enough to call the police to report this "Illegal" act of ARMED civilians driving down the Beltrones with Guns. Obviously, someone people thought it was important? 

A "CODE RED" once again issued by LAW ENFORCEMENT and where all called out. It was not a false alarm this time. 

It's said by a reputable New Paper that these armed gunmen went to the country club, took over the guard shack ( So reported, dunno wasn't there at the time) these bad guys, proceeded to someones home, down the street from you presumably, kidnapped people. 

This is the second time in one month that something like this has occurred in that gated safe community. No matter how BAD these people are, I'm very grateful that these so-called Kidnapped people were supposedly released. ( twice now!) 

I can only hope this NEVER happens again.   :( 

Last edited on Wed Feb 27th, 2019 08:19 pm by dolphin007

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Dolphin, I suggest you get your meds checked. PS they are Gym prop taxes, not Mexican Gov't.

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 

Well, nice guy, LOL,  YES MY MISTAKE! I did mean Guaymas....:D

Since I DID attend the property tax meeting in San Carlos last year,
(Were you there?) 
That was what the meeting was about, and discussed in great detail.  Always easier to gripe then actually show up at the meetings! ( regardless of what we are told some residents actually stay engaged and attend.:O) I know what we pay in taxes.  I read my bills. Thanks :O)

Any other brilliant uninformed comments YOU'D like to make?

I won't even address your other nonsense comment. ( rolling my eyes)
Have a wonderful day :O)

Last edited on Thu Feb 28th, 2019 06:34 pm by dolphin007

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Dolphin
Do you think a Cartel doesn't use threats and violence to keep their distributors in line? Does this affect you? It doesn't me, as I steer clear of those people

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
No BULLSHIPPER, I have no dealings or ever have had any dealings with the cartel...
Does it scare me? ABSOLUTELY! And it would absolutely scare the crap out of me if it happened up the street from where I live.
DOES THAT SOUND UNREASONABLE TO YOU???
There are MANY older folks that live alone in San Carlos. I have people I love VERY much that is still there in San Carlos.
Especially since there have been 2 MISTAKEN IDENTITY KIDNAPPINGS in one month. They don't usually make mistakes, now do they????

Ps. I PM'd you to apologize if by chance I had offended you. ( what a guy!)

I don't want an argument with anyone on this board.. 

Just putting my 2 cents (belly button) opinion on here like everyone else.  FYI; this is all the reason more I choose to move. 
End of story! Im out of this thread.

Last edited on Thu Feb 28th, 2019 08:20 pm by dolphin007

Current time is 03:05 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Code Red Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems