San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2019 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
After appx 25 years in SC (never full time but usually for several weeks at a time, several times a year), a few years ago, I got fed up with the changes. So, now I usually spend a lot less time in SC per visit and I visit a lot less times per year. Even when I visit I always stay in a hotel and not at my property. That way I don't have to worry about water or power or TV or Internet. There are too many Gringo folks around SC and the traffic in Guaymas has gotten loco.  I am spoiled with what SC was and I can't live with what it has become. C'est La Vie

Last edited on Mon Feb 18th, 2019 06:06 pm by Jimmy

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2019 06:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
To answer the headline question; Anyone can say it! But, it is a personal choice that only the individual can make.

Another thought is that the Newbies have no conception of how nice it was. Their moment is Now. And new folks are moving in all of the time... To them I say "Buenos Suerte" and "Desfrute"

Last edited on Mon Feb 18th, 2019 06:18 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2019 07:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Caroline

Mana: 
It is easy to spend time in "the way things used to be" but what a waste of what is NOW.

Being able to adapt is a great human quality they allows for happiness through all kinds of circumstances and changes.

I find it sad when people are stuck in the "good old days" since it is a waste of a perfectly good mind.  And their frantic search for happiness goes on leading nowhere!

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2019 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Caroline wrote: It is easy to spend time in "the way things used to be" but what a waste of what is NOW.

Being able to adapt is a great human quality they allows for happiness through all kinds of circumstances and changes.

I find it sad when people are stuck in the "good old days" since it is a waste of a perfectly good mind.  And their frantic search for happiness goes on leading nowhere!
Please don't Be Sad. Be Happy

Speaking for myself; When a place becomes less pleasant to be at and there is a place that is more pleasant to be at, and I have the means to move myself, then I choose to be where I am more happy. And, when I think of the place that lost its pleasantness I always remember it as the way it was when I had my most pleasant memories . Another example is So Cal in the 50's and 60's.  

I am Content in the life I live Now. 

Last edited on Mon Feb 18th, 2019 08:46 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I think a lot of people are trying to convince themselves that it is time to leave and look to others to urge them into action.

Last edited on Tue Feb 19th, 2019 03:36 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Quido

Mana: 
I miss the way Tucson was in 1970 when I first came there. Safford hasn't changed much. I sometimes go through there on my way to Alpine, which hasn't changed much.

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
How many of those posting on this thread are trust holders here in SC?

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I finally had enough and sold out. I tried not to complain about things too much. I think you either accept things as they are or move on. Very little you can do to change things as a non citizen. It can be a great place to live and I have no regrets about my time there.

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 05:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
RichD wrote: I finally had enough and sold out. I tried not to complain about things too much. I think you either accept things as they are or move on. Very little you can do to change things as a non citizen. It can be a great place to live and I have no regrets about my time there.

Pragmatic attitude, but even if you are a citizen, your power is very limited, here and there imo.

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard, how hard was it you sell your property? On top of all the infrastructure issues, was your break-in and the loss of very valuable property, were these the biggest factors in your decision to sell?

Last edited on Tue Feb 19th, 2019 05:51 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: How many of those posting on this thread are trust holders here in SC?

I own property in SC. I let my Mexican Family live there. I also own properties in Safford AZ and I have the Means to move about as I wish. 

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 

Ditto all above!;) It's all opinion. I still think San Carlos is a nice inexpensive place to now visit. It was great to have the opportunity to live on or near the Ocean for dirt cheap not to mention within 5 hours of the USA. That in its self WAS a good motivator to put up with more. I for one could not live ANYWHERE in the United States as I did in Mexico, it was an awesome experience. :? 

Until someone takes control of the madness, IMO, it will only get worse. Some would agree, the "PAST" is a great predictor of the "future" if the rule of law and thought process of the people who make the most important decisions don't change??? 

Last year an influential person reminded me WHERE I AM, AND sternly reminded me that being a perm resident doesn't give me the right to question how GOV money is spent... Period! Specifically our property taxes. ( Yep, that's right folks!)
They stated, some have been here so long they think and act like they own San Carlos. Well, they don't! Your all guest gringos!  If NOT a CITIZEN of Mexico, you can be asked to leave at any time. Yes, Like you are right now, I was shocked!
I was a little intimidated at the time..The next day, However, I did go to this persons office to speak in person the next day. I wanted to clarify the conversation.

********I was addressed on my facebook! INSTANT MESSENGER!  So let that sink in! 
( That's one of the subjects I addressed at the office)

I did admit that I actually "don't know" what is legal or illegal to do, or what questions I could ask, and what not.etc..I said I would be better informed if we had some consistency!. I asked for the MEXICAN rule book! LOL....IT WAS ALL GOOD!!! I left on good terms and a few chuckles behind us..

Bullshipper, IMO: some are SERIOUSLY thinking of leaving. Do they need a push from other's to do so? NO. 
IMO, sometimes it's become so darn clicky and so many bullies, that some people are RELUCTANT to speak their true mind because of intimidation they receive when saying or questioning anything negative about San Carlos. 

Fact: There has been an upswing in the dangerous incidents in SC, and Guaymas is out of control. 
 Yes, many other people NOT from SC read these boards. That could also be viewed as a poss thing? Everyone who reads on here is an adult, Im sure have the ability to make their own decissions so should they hear all sides and opinions? I see nothing wrong with that.  
We all have personal opinions, and we're all entitled to express them.
 Just don't ask Guaymas where did YOUR TAX money go???????????????????????  Right???   LOL!!  :O)  :O)

Last edited on Wed Feb 20th, 2019 06:58 pm by dolphin007

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
And, you local gringos don't worry, there are New Suckers moving in all of the time. 

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 

The reason I asked about trust holders, was because I was wondering how honest they would be as they tried to sell there their home.  Will you being telling them the real reasons you are selling, as expressed on this thread?  One more question, are we finding more and more properties being sold to Mexicans?

Last edited on Tue Feb 19th, 2019 07:43 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 

Johnmoore, My honest answer would be, Why should I? Why ask that kind of question. Your certianly entittled too. May not like the response if People tell the truth!
Is it required that every real estate person give full disclosure??? I mean everything?.If I owned,  I'd tell the truth to the truths that had to be told. Here's why IT'S A BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING ANYWHERE especially IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY...Overall It's so inexpensive, So many are drawn o SC..Maybe a few more Mexican citezens will purchase in SC.  Some of my Mexican friends say they would much rather work for a RICH Gringo, then a RICH Mexican. whatever that means? I have no idea? Didnt ask either. :O)

Last edited on Wed Feb 20th, 2019 07:16 pm by dolphin007

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2019 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
dolphin007 wrote:  Some of my Mexican friends say they would much rather work for a RICH Gringo, then a RICH Mexican. whatever that means??? didnt ask. :O)

Forever and ever, the Rich-Privileged-Elitist Mexicans treat the common Mexican Folks like TRASH, like dogs in the street!

Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2019 05:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
I work for a company that changes all of the time. Yes, back in the 70's... I can leave $10,000 worth of fishing gear on the deck of my boat for a week and it never gets touched. Leave a $100 bicycle out on your lawn in Tucson or Phoenix and it won't be there in the morning. As always, it takes one bad apple to screw it it for the the entire bunch. I understand why people are leaving. I also know know that as bad as people are making it out to be, SC is a great place to be. I'll be sticking it out untill I gets worse here than it gets in the states, or untill the yellowtail fishing gets worse. To each their own and I respect everyone's opinion. I still enjoy SC and will keep my house and boat(as long as it floats),  until it gets worse than in the US..

Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2019 01:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I am a gringo who has have lived here for 35 years. I would NEVER consider moving back to the USA. I have been accepted by the Mexican culture and I love the Mexican culture. The US culture has lost many of the things in life that I valued as a kid. In Mexico, those values still remain. I am an educator and a scientist. Here, over the years, I have been given opportunities to serve causes greater than myself. I have grown close to some incredible people.  I am grateful to Mexico for giving my wife and I a fantastic life.

Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2019 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
posts  18 and 19 are admirable !!! they are my feelings also!!

Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2019 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
diver45

Mana: 
It really is too bad San Carlos is changing. We recently sold our house in Creston sector, it was biult in 1966 so we have been coming here for a very long tine. I noticed many negative changes over the years, ie violence, garbage, water issies, etc. We will still come to fish and dive, and we have made life long friends here and in Obregon. Still a wonderful place, but make no mistake San Carlos has changed and not in a positive way.

Current time is 05:06 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems