San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 11:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
frankie

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote:

Only time we ever went fishing in San Carlos.  I have fond memories of that day.
i was invited by a good friend to go fishing yesterday, 3-6-19. we where catching fish 16 minutes out!!! i had a great time with my friends and have enough fish for several meals!

Attached Image (viewed 346 times):

fishing 2.jpg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 12:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
there is no doubt our waters are not as productive as they once where, but there our still fish to be had and comradery with friends enjoying LIFE can never be depleted!! for some the grass will always be greener on the other side, their cup is half empty! there is no perfect place, it's best not to ponder on what was , but to enjoy to the fullest what is !

Attached Image (viewed 341 times):

fishing 3.jpg

Last edited on Thu Mar 7th, 2019 12:34 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
We all live with the glass is either half empty or half full.  What a bunch of incessant whining from the half empty group.  Where in the world is it the same as 40 or 50 years ago?  Europe, US, Canada, I don't think so.  So go to your next destination and it will be what it is today and you can complain in a few years how it has changed.  Daniel Boone moved it is said when he could see smoke from a neighbors fireplace.  As for us, we have been coming since 1990, first visiting, now since 2012 here 8 months a year.  Bad things can happen anywhere but we have experienced nothing but the generous side of the Mexican culture and none of the violence some suggest happens all the time.  I hope you find your perpetual Nirvana it just may not be here on Earth.

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 06:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
JZ

Mana: 
The OP has spent a couple days a year in SC the last 15-20 years. He's reminiscing about what his life was 30 years ago.

SC is as great or better than it ever was.

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 12:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
bombero

Mana: 
When one has lost the ability, or never had the ability to distinguish the difference between facts and opinion, their contribution to debate is not only suspect, but minimized. Such is the case of the baja biker, jz. stay in your lane boy.

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: I am spoiled with what SC was and I can't live with what it has become. C'est La Viewe all have the right to make decisions on where we want to live! jimmy made his, for his VALID points!!

i was born in Phoenix,Az in 1952, and moved to Tucson at age 7. back then the population of the WHOLE state wasn't a million, now the phoenix metro area has over 5 million and tucson about a million!!!! i like to visit phoenix and Tucson, but have no desire to EVER move back!! for the same reasons jimmy wrote; I WAS SPOILED WITH WHAT ARIZONA WAS AND I CAN'T LIVE WITH WHAT IT HAS BECOME!!!!!

some people NEVER leave the zip code they where born in, others move from time to time. for many reasons, military, jobs, family, ect;.
i have been here in San Carlos for 18 years, do i get tired of living here?? yes!!!has it become some place i don't want to be, not yet!!! "but' it can certainly become fustrating at times!!!!

i am semi-retired now, where would i go? IS THE GRASS REALLY GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE?? do i really want to start OVER, new town, new house, make new friends, NO not at this age!!!!

i have chosen to remember my memories of Arizona fondly, my memories of San Carlos 50 years ago also fondly!

i am making new memories every day of the good times i am having where i am! 

San Carlos is my base, last August i was in southwestern Colorado for a week, November for thanksgiving in phoenix and Tucson to visit my mom, boys and other family members. Christmas with the family i married into here in Guaymas, Mazatlan for new years!! January meeting new people to take mule deer hunting for several weeks! 3 weeks ago in Caborca visiting our grandchild, this week fishing with good friends!

KEEP BUSY AND THE "REAL CRAP" THAT IS HAPPENING IN SAN CARLOS WON'T BE YOUR PRIORITY!!

Last edited on Sat Mar 9th, 2019 02:06 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 02:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
bombero wrote: When one has lost the ability, or never had the ability to distinguish the difference between facts and opinion, their contribution to debate is not only suspect, but minimized. Such is the case of the baja biker, jz. stay in your lane boy.

and a personal attack on someone adds to the debate? 

Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2019 02:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Like Frankie, all of us here for 30-40 years, are still here..our thoughts of yesteryear and the expression of them is being perceived as complaining, it is not. It is an acknowledged acceptance of what is, and what was. It is opinion, based on experience and longevity. But..we are still here, can't be that bad. BSer, a personal attack? Where? If you are referring to jz, live by it, die by it. jz can take care of himself.

Current time is 10:43 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems