San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
frankie

Mana: 
bullshipper, i agree with everything you posted!! you forgot the hunting, these are the good ole days!! me last month!!!!

Attached Image (viewed 544 times):

frank hunt pic reduced.jpg

Last edited on Tue Feb 26th, 2019 08:50 pm by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Nice trophy Frank!!

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
thanks!!! i am going to pit BBQ the meat easter sunday!

Attached Image (viewed 536 times):

IMG_3962.JPG

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
frankie

Mana: 
life is what you do with it, i make the best of what i have and happy to share!

Attached Image (viewed 526 times):

IMG_3987.JPG

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 11:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
frankie

Mana: 
always people ready to enjoy Arizona/Sonora traditions!!

Attached Image (viewed 537 times):

IMG_3996.JPG

Posted: Tue Feb 26th, 2019 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
frankie

Mana: 
it's not hard to make yourself and others happy no matter where you are! San Carlos is a great place to do it!!

Attached Image (viewed 533 times):

IMG_4010.JPG

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
We have just about the same amount of time in SC as you do Bullshipper.  Who is complaining?  I've got 2 other homes on this planet,  We choose to spend most of our time here, for many reasons, some of which you stated.  Fishing ain't one of them.....they gone! My only thought is once upon a time, about 35 yrs ago, I personally enjoyed it here in SC more than I do now.  That is not a complaint, that,  bullshipper is my opinion.

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: JZ, you will never cry like a baby and never feel sorry for yourself...….but will you feel sorry that your grandchildren cannot now enjoy that which you once did?

I responded to this post, giving you a list of activities that we can now enjoy. 

Then you later lamented about the fish being gone.  I will again try to be helpful by suggesting you spend a day with Catch22 Sportfishing to learn the tackle, spots and techniques that produce lots of fish day in and day out.

Last edited on Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:13 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
BS'er, I fish on the water and under the water, had you been here as long as say, you would know, the fish.....they gone!!

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankie

Mana: 
here i am in the center,1970, 49 years ago !! yes things change, i was as skinny as a rail and had lots of hair!! loved San Carlos then and love it more now!!!

Attached Image (viewed 514 times):

me 1970.jpg

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
ok, the only thing that has remained constant, is Frankie...

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 03:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
hahahaha!!! hardly!! i am a fat, salt and peppered haired "what's left of it" old man!!! enjoying what's left for me!!!

Attached Image (viewed 514 times):

IMG_4928.JPG

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Tried to attach some pics of fish for you LTR but they wouldn't load. Something about exceeding the size limit.

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 04:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
frankie

Mana: 
go to the microsoft picture manager

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 01:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
BS'er, hope you get your fotos up, give me a day or so and I will post fotos from the 70's and 80's at Shangri la..Now that was a fishing village.

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2019 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Wow Frankie! That is a really great picture of you. I have watched both of us age over the years, but we are both still going strong, so no complaints here.....

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Yes, Frankie is always consistent! I too agree, great picture!

Posted: Wed Mar 6th, 2019 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
After about 40+ years of having a vacation home in San Carlos (never lived full-time, but have spent long vacation stretches), we finally sold last year.

Crime?  Yes, there's crime, but we never felt unsafe.  We live in one of the most affluent areas of California, but there are bad neighborhoods within 10 minutes where I wouldn't walk at night.  Stay away from the drugs, don't be flashy (wearing a Rolex?  Fat wallet with lots of cash?  Expensive clothes?  Uh....no), don't get overly intoxicated, don't be stupid, be respectful, friendly and obey the laws and you are highly unlikely to have a problem in San Carlos.

Hurricanes?  Well, that was one of the more concerning things for us being on the water with global warming.  Three weeks after we sold, Sergio hit.  Not sure how much damage our former house got, but there would have been cleanup.  Hurricanes/Storms are only going to get stronger and more frequent.  We were afraid of another Jimena or worse (3 feet of mud in the house).  It's only a matter of time.

Getting there.  Probably the biggest factor.  For quite a while we could fly into Guaymas through Phoenix.  Then Guaymas Airport closed.  Then there was a non-stop from LAX we could take to Hermosillo.  OK, not as good as Guaymas, a 1.5 hour taxi ride now needed, but doable.  Then there were no more non-stops from LAX and flights got to be around $600-800 RT.  The most reasonable option was taking a train to downtown San Diego, then Ubering to the Cross-Border-Express (CBX), then flying from Tijuana to Hermosillo.  Kinda nice and relaxing with the variations.  The CBX is great, Tijuana airport is just fine, flights from TJ are cheap but the seats are made for smaller Mexicans and not 6'0" gringos.

Then the water shortages.  Electricity was never a serious problem for us.

Mexico is not the USA.  Don't come to San Carlos or anywhere else in Mexico with the expectation that it is.

It was a hard choice, and we miss our friends and will visit occasionally, but we are glad we're out.  Mostly due to the difficulty of getting there as a vacation home.  Living there full-time would have been easier.

Posted: Wed Mar 6th, 2019 06:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Post #60, well thought out reasoning, and in it's entirety enough for you to pull the plug. None of the those issues are enough for my wife and I to sell, besides our entire family (both sides) would be really upset. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate your thoughts. You forgot the fishing stinks, lol!!

Posted: Thu Mar 7th, 2019 01:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Funny you should mention the fishing.

We are not fisherman.  I have childhood trauma from being forced to be with my mom, dad, brother, sister on a Cal 20 sailboat for hours.....and hours.....and hours.....where we would try to fish and get nothing.  And my father was difficult.  It was like being in jail at sea for 8 hours at a time.  So fishing was not high on my list of to-do when we got to San Carlos.

We turned down LOTS of fishing invitations over the years.  Lots.

So we were finally kinda arm-twisted into going fishing with some friends and I was not looking forward to it.  December.  Early morning.  Cold.  But they were pretty good friends and great people so we went.

I sh&t you not, we were out for an hour or two with two lines in the water and caught dozens of fish, mostly yellow tail.  It was fantastic.

Only time we ever went fishing in San Carlos.  I have fond memories of that day.

Current time is 01:14 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Leave if you don't like it, Who has the right to say this? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems