San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Getting US bank texts here in SC

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Getting US bank texts here in SC  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2019 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Lots of US banks and other places are now sending texts with credit card confirmation codes - 4-6 digits of letters, etc to verify you. Recently my US Citi card want flagged with a Fraud Warning and put on hold. To undo this - you apparently need a US tel number that accepts text messages - usually only mobile numbers do this. My US MagicJack VOIP number does not accept texts, and I don't have a US cell number. They will not or cannot send texts to  to Mexican cell numbers. Anybody run into this and what can you suggest. I don't want to pay for a US cell plan. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2019 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
guzzi

Mana: 
You can get Iplum gives you a US number and forwards it to your Mexican cell. Check it out pretty sure they do text also. https://iplum.com/ I pay 99 cents a month.

Last edited on Wed Jan 30th, 2019 10:32 pm by guzzi

Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2019 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I told them I don’t have a cell phone at all.  They call my Magic Jack number with the code.  No problem, no jumping through hoops with the cell phone or forwarding.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2019 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Guzzi - It's us$5 / month. You got in cheap.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2019 11:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JCB

Mana: 

I use Google Voice.  Google Voice is not a phone system like Skype or Magic Jack.  Instead it is more like a call redirect service.  When you get a Voice number, you set up a link to your cell phone.  If you don't have a cell phone, use someone else's phone to set up the Voice account and then unlink the phone when you are finished.  Then you use the Voice number as your public phone number.   When someone calls that number it will ring you cell phone if it is available.  If not, it sends a message to your gmail account which you also need to set up if you don't already have a gmail account.  The works for any type of message, voice or text.  If someone leaves a voice message, it saves the audio message which you can listen to and also tries to convert the audio to a text message. 

Once you have the system set up, you can unlink your phone or link multiple phones in your preferred order of access. 

All this is free.  I have been using it now for 5 or 6 years with never a problem.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2019 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Magic Jack has an app that allows you to send and receive your US Magic Jack calls and texts on your Mexican cell phone.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2019 08:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Most give you the optipm of also sending to email addresses

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
lots of helpful information in this thread. thanks for sharing folks!

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Yes, Magic jack has an app, but it's $39/yr and I'm trying to find something cheaper or free. I used to have it for NOB calling, but now Telcel and Telmex are free. I like the G Voice idea, but neither Magic Jack nor Skype numbers work in setting up Voice, they are not considered "real" numbers. Still working on this. Prob will get a friend to let me set up voice using his cell number.

Posted: Wed Feb 6th, 2019 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I finally got it worked out. Had to call a friend in Calif on his cell and go thru the Google Voice verification with him on the line - reading me the 6 digit code they texted his number. With his number delinked from my new Voice number, I now get voicemail messages that are converted to text and sent as emails to my Gmail acct. All for free and for ever. Unfortunately, I still can not get the Voice app on my phone because it is not available in "my country" ie Mexico. Even using 2 different VPN services - still no joy.

Current time is 03:47 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Getting US bank texts here in SC Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems