San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > In case of emergency- what number would one dial?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
In case of emergency- what number would one dial?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2019 12:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wind Watcher

Mana: 
Has San Carlos/Guaymas/rescate  gone to the 9-1-1 emergency number?

Last edited on Sun Jan 13th, 2019 12:28 pm by Wind Watcher

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2019 06:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Mexico has been using 911 for emergencies for a little over two years. 

Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2019 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
If you need Rescate, just call them directly.

Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
kiteboarder wrote: Mexico has been using 911 for emergencies for a little over two years. 

Who answers it? The police? Rescate? Cruz Rojo? 

Do they speak English?

Posted: Tue Jan 15th, 2019 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Susan C

Mana: 
My understanding is 911 is answered by a call center in Cd Obregon.
It is best to call Rescate first 2260911
They can direct the emergency. Not everyone speak English but they will get an English speaker on the line ASAP.

Posted: Tue Jan 15th, 2019 04:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
This article has lots of information about the emergency response center for Guaymas and Empalme.

https://proyectopuente.com.mx/2017/03/08/inauguran-centro-c4-guaymas-empalme-atendera-llamadas-emergencias/

Posted: Tue Jan 15th, 2019 06:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I didn’t see San Carlos mentioned in the article, are you sure they will respond to calls originating here?

Posted: Fri Jan 18th, 2019 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
One can also go online to the American Embassy in Hermosillo and register themselves as out of the country. The registry asks for important information to help locate you in time of emergencies. Not sure they have an EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER.... I never really thought that hard about it before, but it makes sense. Since that time I have become a US Embassy REGISTERED resident of Guaymas, San Carlos Sonora.

I did call 9-11 from my casa one time for the suspicious persons and an Alarm going off nearby. ( as directed ) I said: Need policia porfavor! My mind had gone completely blank on every bit of Spanish I learned.( The person on the other end didn't speak English and hung up the phone. TWICE. I have to agree with Susan C. Call RESCATE!
what would we do without our Rescate!!! :O) So appreciative.

Posted: Sat Jan 19th, 2019 10:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Post 7, we are part of Guaymas.

Posted: Fri Jan 25th, 2019 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
MountainbikeVH

Mana: 
If you have a police emergency I would call the San Carlos Police directly, here is the  if you have a medical emergency call Rescate directly at +52 1 (622) 226 0911.  As I share this information I realize I have not tested out either of these phone numbers for myself, when I moved here I had these phone numbers provided to me and I programmed them but never tested them out. Please make sure you try them before you really need them. 

Last edited on Fri Jan 25th, 2019 09:07 pm by MountainbikeVH

Posted: Sat Jan 26th, 2019 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Rescate

Mana: 
If you have a medical emergency phone the Rescate dispatcher (on-site) at: 

226-0911 from a Mexican phone or

011 52 (622) 226-0911 on a Canadian or US phone.

If you call 911 in a medical emergency they will send a Red Cross (Cruz Roja) ambulance from Guaymas.  Remember, the 911 operators are far away... Obregon, Hermosillo?... and are probably not familiar with San Carlos / Guaymas.

BTW, a plug for Rescate - are you a member?  If not, why not?  Memberships and donations are what keep Rescate's doors open.  We are having a membership drive right now.  All new members get a thank you t-shirt!!

Current time is 03:49 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > In case of emergency- what number would one dial? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems