San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Futbol Jersey  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 13th, 2018 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Linda J.

Mana: 
I'm in San Carlos for the first time, here till the end of January. My son back home in Canada is a soccer (futbol) fan and has asked if I could find a jersey from the Hermosillo Naranjeros team. Does anyone know if I could purchase such a thing in Guaymas, or would it mean a trip to Hermosillo? Looks like I could order on line, but not sure about the size so it would be nice to have a look at them. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Dec 13th, 2018 10:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
You might try the store that is near McDonalds. Stay to the right at the light and it is just past the Luna furniture store.

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
http://www.naranjeros.com.mx/calendario/

I did not know they had a soccer (futbol) team. They do have a beisbol team that is playing now. Try to go check out a game while you are here. Super fun.

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 03:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Linda J.

Mana: 
Thanks! What is the name of the store that is near McDonalds? Might make it easier to find.

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 02:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Sorry, can't remember.

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Is it the Nike store?

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Linda J.

Mana: 
Update - my bad. It was the baseball team he was interested in! Same quest though - still looking for a shirt from them. I will try to find the Guaymas store recommended

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 05:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Linda, take a look at the link TheColoadoDude posted.
On the home page of that web site, there is a link to the ‘Tienda en Linea’, (online store).
There are pictures of the jerseys and they are available in men’s, ladies and kids.  And there are a variety of colors.

You might be able to contact someone on the web site to see how long an order would take to reach San Carlos, where they are located in HMO if you need to go there, or if you can order and have it shipped to a USA address.

Their address and HMO phone number are on the web site.

As far as getting info on where to buy something locally, it is hit and miss.  The gringo population here is ‘up in years’.  Even the younger ones can’t give accurate names of the business, exact location, or color of the building.  A lot of the times there are no street signs, so we all use crazy landmarks or identifying items to locate something.
So, even though many people want to help, their info is partial and not complete enough to help one find a store.
Most of us find things completely unexpectedly, by stumbling on them.  Then we can’t find the same place again a month later, much less give someone directions!

Good luck in your search.  It is probably worth a drive over to Guaymas, take the right split at the light at McDonalds, and look for a store (maybe Nike) after the Luna furniture store.  Those are probably the best directions you will get.  If the people there don’t have what you want, ask if they know where you can get it.  I have been sent on soooo many wild goose chases that way!
There are sporting goods stores in Guaymas, I just don’t know where they are.

It’s an adventure, have fun!

Last edited on Fri Dec 14th, 2018 05:33 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Linda J.

Mana: 
Thanks Marigot. I checked with my son and he would prefer a t shirt rather than a jersey so I think he's out of luck. It wasn't a big deal one way or the other, but thanks for the general info about shopping here!

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Try the indoor market in downtown Guaymas, behind the Leys store.

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Try http://www.fanatics.com They have jerseys for just about everything.

Posted: Wed Dec 26th, 2018 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Linda J.

Mana: 
Thanks everyone!

Current time is 05:48 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Futbol Jersey Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems