San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > I need to buy tires , are they comparable in price here or go to states

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
I need to buy tires , are they comparable in price here or go to states  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 02:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TONY ABQ

Mana: 
need some tires and not sure where to buy. Costco in Hermosillo or somewhere here in Guaymas or should I go back to states. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Did you think about gas, tolls, sales tax in the US?

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I use to go to the states to buy my tires, then I realized, even tho the tires in Mexico are more expensive, they are made for the road conditions down here, and so is their warrantee. So it made sense to just buy them locally and have a good warranty

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I would check prices at the Guaymas dealers before you make a special trip to the US. Good comment about the taxes snd fees in the US. Try the Bridgestone dealer across from Santander. I bought a set of tires there a few years ago and they were very competitive.

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
DocD

Mana: 
You might want to check Mercado Libre . Online shopping for Mexico. I bought tires for my jeep . $50 cheaper per tire than anything I could find locally. Free delivery, took 4 days for delivery.

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I would recommend the Tyre Plus store, pretty close to the Burger King and on the same side of the street.

I bought a set of BFG TA/KO2s when they first came out and guys in the States said I beat their prices by about 75.00US per tire. The warranty, however, is very short term, compared to the warranty these same tires receive in the State.

Everybody I know who has priced tires there is floored at how reasonable they are.

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 10:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Are the tires of the same quality as those same brands sold in the USA?

Last edited on Tue Dec 11th, 2018 10:30 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 10:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: Are the tires of the same quality as those same brands sold in the USA?

According to an article I just read on tires.com, there is generally no difference in tires made in the USA or made overseas, WITHIN THE SAME MANUFACTURER. 

Here is the article. It gives plant codes if you are adamant about buying tires made in the USA.

https://www.utires.com/articles/tires-made-usa-american-foreign-brands/

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks, that is great info.

Posted: Wed Dec 12th, 2018 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Tires are universally y rated for weight capacity, load capacity, and traction on their side wall by an a, b, & c rating, and c is the best. So a michelin a is lower quality than a b or a c from anyone else. Tyre plus is good, just make sure they quote what you want to buy, not what they want to push, like any supplier.

Current time is 04:04 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > I need to buy tires , are they comparable in price here or go to states Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems