San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sobriety checkpoints in Guaymas. 0.40 is the legal limit?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Sobriety checkpoints in Guaymas. 0.40 is the legal limit?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Dec 10th, 2018 06:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Based on what I have been seeing in Opinion Sonora, there are frequent checkpoints at night in Guaymas. Be advised.

I have seen two articles that state that the legal limit for driving under the influence is .40. Is that true? By what measure?

Man, if that's the same means of measure as the States, I dont have anything to worry about. That would be five times the legal limit in most states.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Dec 10th, 2018 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
JCB

Mana: 
"Unless a person has developed a very high tolerance for alcohol, a BAC rating of 0.20% represents very serious intoxication. In general most first-time drinkers are unconscious by about 0.15%. A range of 0.35% to 0.40% usually represents potentially fatal alcohol poisoning."

Posted: Mon Dec 10th, 2018 08:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
maryt

Mana: 
https://www.rupissed.com/blood_alcohol_limits.html .08 for blood alcohol content limit.

Posted: Mon Dec 10th, 2018 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Use a translator.

https://opinionsonora.com/2018/12/09/detienen-a-32-conductores-ebrios-en-filtros/

Posted: Wed Dec 12th, 2018 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
.4 is the result for a breath analyzer and does not correspond to a blood test result. If you have over 1 glass pf wome or beer you will fail the breath test in Mexico, according to the internet quoting Mx sources

Posted: Wed Dec 12th, 2018 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
That clears it up. Thanks BS.

Posted: Thu Dec 13th, 2018 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
De nada amigo

Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
JZ

Mana: 
Nothing a few pesos can't fix.

First time ever in SC my boat captain got pulled over at 3am taking a senorita back to Guaymas. She is sitting on my lap in the passenger seat and he ran a red light that turned fast.

He gets out of the truck and is talking back and forth with the cop for a good 5-7 mins. He then leans into the car and asks for a $20 and off we go.

Posted: Sat Dec 15th, 2018 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
.04, about two drinks.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Half the population of SC would not be able to drive after 10:00 AM if they set up a checkpoint in the middle of town..

Is it really EVER OKAY TO DRINK AND DRIVE??? That answer would be ABSOLUTELY NO!!!

especially if a drunk driver killed """YOUR""" wife, husband, kid or grandkid!
Ya live it up..... GOD bless your soul if ya kill someone... I don't think ya get a do-over!

Shouldn't complain the police are so corrupt.

SURE, Just pay them off!!! (Not everyone pays, thank goodness!)

Hilarious! GREAT STORY! one can drive SMASHED with a passenger who has some LADY on his lap ( surely seat belted in of course!) gets pulled over and just buys his way out FOR 20 BUCKS...
BEST OF ALL YA CONTINUED DRIVING!

I'm NO SAINT! did plenty in my younger days and I'm so thankful I never killed anyone or myself.

THANK GOODNESS I GREW UP RETIRED AND DONT FEEL MY RETIREMENT GAVE ME A FREE PASS TO DRIVE DRUNK WHENEVER~.Big problem in SC!

I FEEL SAFER DRIVING AT 2 IN THE MORNING THEN DRIVING AFTER 7:00 pm any day in SAN CARLOS.

lIKE ITS PERFECTLY NORMAL TO DE DRUNK AND DRIVE.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Aside from another wonderful JZ post, do you really feel the town is nearly as bad as you say? Come on. Sure, people do drive around with alcohol in their system, but besides a few accidents that hurt, or even killed, the individual driving alone, I really can't even recall a single incident (although I am sure there have been a few) of an intoxicated person causing injury in the last decade. I am not condoning driving impaired, even though a lot of us can do it pretty well. Many here have a built up tolerance. Hopefully we'r not having to let our wife drive - j.k.! Thankfully we have learned our fairly safe streets here and have learned to drive defensively. You just don't see many accidents here. I'm not going to give a don't drink and drive lecture or what you should do, as you're an adult and know better. I'm just saying that the previous post is not reality and you really shouldn't be that worried - although you should always drive defensively here expecting anything to happen, and if you drive too slow or make big wrong turns then you could have a problem. 

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
ruskies

Mana: 
Funny story...over in the state of Chihuahua we were driving through a sobriety checkpoint and the officer had my husband blow into his curled up hand that he held by his nose.  Additionally, I can't help but think that the numbers can be fixed to whatever the policeman wants them to be. It's all about the bribe.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2018 11:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
And if you have your sticker!

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 01:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, I actually have pictures of the wrecked car and the hole in the wall at the Tetakawi hotel (used to be Best Western), and the injured (young) drunk driver laying on the ground from his collision with the hotel at 7 a.m.  not more than 4 years ago.

The young man wrecked his daddy’s very expensive new car while driving drunk through San Carlos.

There have been a number of incidents of drunk drivers having accidents coming home in early daylight hours from the beach bars, La Salsa when it was still open, near the CyberCo curve.

Too many stories to relate here. But PLENTY of young, drunk drivers at all times of day in our retirement community.  And yes, they are injuring their companions in the car.

There was also the young waitress that worked at Panchito Villa restaurant that was killed crossing the street in front of the restaurant a few years ago, because of a distracted young woman driver texting on her phone.

Tony, the veggie guy, lost his father to a drunk driver in the vicinity of Ruth and Rudy’s Bakery a few years ago.

The dangers are real.

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 03:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Forgot about the hotel collision. Yes, the young kids have had their share of accidents. That really is a time to not let your guard down and remember that they have been drinking ALL night. With shorter days they have longer nights. The highway is a serious concern if you think you are going to beat border traffic by leaving early in the day. 

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 06:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Jordy

Mana: 

repsilon wrote:And if you have your sticker!

I got pulled over last year in my Jeep when I was down for the Hammer Down tournament.  Didn't do anything wrong, middle of the day, and got lit up.  Held my sticker out the side of the Jeep as it has no glass other than the windshield, and was waved on.  Didn't even have to put my beer down. :D

Last edited on Wed Dec 19th, 2018 06:02 pm by Jordy

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Hook

Mana: 
repsilon wrote: And if you have your sticker!

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to mention the REAL REASON they sell so many stickers.

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Years ago I made the mistake of driving drunk coming home from Guaymas and got pulled over. One of the officers got in my car and drove me home and left my car in the driveway. No request for money, just a request that I don't do that again. I love Mexico!

Posted: Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
AGAIN, BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELVES!!!!

WEAR THAT PRIVILEGE LIKE A BADGE!

Ya know what they say about a drunk, it's never their fault or They weren't all that drunk!!!!!

It's not IF, IT'S WHEN!

Posted: Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 10:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
lets all just be careful, know your limit, if you go beyond it, call a friend, cop or cab!!! 

Current time is 05:15 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sobriety checkpoints in Guaymas. 0.40 is the legal limit? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems