San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Desal plant  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 01:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
Any new information on the desal plant in Cochorit?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Nov 21st, 2018 02:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 

https://www.proyectosmexico.gob.mx/proyecto_inversion/010-planta-desalinizadora-de-guaymas-y-empalme-sonora/

Construction is supposed to start in December 2018.

Operational in February 2020.

https://www.proyectosmexico.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Guaymas-Sonora.jpg

Hmm...  I just did a search and the newspaper, El Imparcial, published an article on May 26th that said that the CEA says that construction was set to begin this past July or August and begin operations before the end of 2019. 

Last edited on Wed Nov 21st, 2018 03:14 am by kiteboarder

Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2018 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
The governor has finally announced the start of construction on the desalination plant in Empalme.

http://187.243.249.242/index.php/portada/item/5105-en-empalme-pone-en-marcha-gobernadora-pavlovich-construccion-de-desaladora

:D:D:D

Posted: Sun Dec 16th, 2018 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bachrachj

Mana: 
Took a walk there last week (12/12/18) and spoke with a guy working on a drilling rig. He said that they are drilling 8 holes 100 meters deep for the plant coming later. Didn't catch when that would be happening.

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Still not started, according to this article. They havent secured all their permits.

https://opinionsonora.com/2018/12/18/aun-no-inicia-construccion-de-desaladora-en-empalme/

Posted: Wed Dec 19th, 2018 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
bachrachj

Mana: 
They're making hole for something. I'm just telling you what the trabajdor told us.

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 02:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
The good news from that article is that the governor is already making arrangements for a second stage. It was less than a month ago that she announced that the construction would be starting soon on this plant.

Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2019 04:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Did anyone physically attend the CEA meeting that was held at Charlies Rock a few years back? ( I thought it was 2016) Did I hear correctly that there was a whole lot of absolute TRUST ME promises made regarding the improvements to the infrastructure of San Carlos? Especially about the water and garbage?
I wasn't there, but I did read an interesting article in the
" SanCarlosTV.com "

Some different views and thoughts on there. Not sure if the person that was writing is still writing. I do like the fact that they explain stories that don't really make it to the masses of people who live in San Carlos. Like any news media, were only told what they want us to know. Why all the secrecy?
I'm trying to contact them now.

I'm asking on here because there are some very well informed individuals and we are talking about the deteriorating water infrastructure all over San Carlos.

I hope the power grid isn't next from what I'm gathering.

Americans, Canadians, Snow Birds as well the winter tourist are the backbone to San Carlos existence. Our little town rolls up in the summer months.
Any help would be appreciated :O)

Can someone elaborate on what has ACTUALLY BEEN ACCOMPLISHED SINCE THEN?

Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2019 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Things have changed in SC. Summer weekends are packed now. The shift is to Mexican tourism. If the local government cares about gringo snowbirds anymore it is not evident. The desal plant will not have any impact to SC water, it is for Guaymas/Empalme. There have been comments about new wells and so on but I do not know if they are true. For now, the answer is more storage.

Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Thank You Richard :O) Yes, it's apparent the town / and individual homeowners should install larger tanks for storage capacity. I wasn't aware that the new Desal Plant would not have any real impact on SC. Hard to keep up! So, in a nutshell, we're still in the same boat. Waiting for new wells and new underground pipes to transport water from house to house, business, to business. I've been trying to follow the writings and the forms for a couple years now, it seems the Pumps and underground pipes are just as big of a problem? If we get new wells, the water still needs to be pumped and travel through efficient pipes. Unless they are replaced we still have worn out pumps and old worn out pipes. Just so frustrating. Thanks for the response :O)

Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I somehow got over getting frustrated with the way things work. It just makes life easier to figure out workarounds and enjoy the scenery.

Posted: Fri Jan 25th, 2019 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
An article in the Hermosillo paper...
Basically it states they have started testing the site where the beach wells will go. They have a target of the plant producing water by late 2019 or into 2020. Important to note that this water will be added to the existing Empalme/Guaymas system (which does not go to San Carlos)

https://www.elimparcial.com/Sonora/2019/01/25/1404193-Analizan-pozos-playeros-para-iniciar-construccion-de-desaladora-en-Empalme.html

Of interest to San Carlos is a statement at the end...

In San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas, he said, it is planned to invest 50 million pesos more to add three more distribution wells, as well as the construction of a tank in Ranchitos with which they will supply water to the inhabitants of the tourist destination.

Posted: Fri Jan 25th, 2019 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
RichD

Mana: 
A graphic of how the desal plant will work... 

Attached Image (viewed 196 times):

Capture.JPG

Posted: Fri Jan 25th, 2019 06:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
The Ranchitos tank is already there. It seems rather small to service the Ranchitos, but there appears to be a lot more space on that pad up there, for more tanks, should they choose to install them.

A sub-contractor for CEA has also installed new water lines on many (but not all) of the north-south running Ranchitos streets (the lettered and numbered "calles"). 

They did not install one on our calle (C), but our water remains very reliable. I dont know if that is an emergency tank or what. I do see new leaks along the new lines, that were never there before. Especially J. 

Posted: Sat Jan 26th, 2019 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I think any storage in the system is a good thing. Hopefully it will smooth out the times when there is at least a little water flowing. I am full and have had no water issues for a while. It would be nice to know when new wells come on line. The leaks are disturbing, hope they fix them.

Current time is 03:37 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Desal plant Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems