San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
North Bound Migrants ??  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 13th, 2018 12:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bombero

Mana: 
Where did it go?  Were lines crossed, and I don't mean borders...jajaja??

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Nov 13th, 2018 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Yes lines were crossed. It was a political commentary and that's not what this forum is for. I am watching what happens and if it appears this will impact San Carlos or travel, there is a previous thread that will reopen. Until then political comments belong elsewhere

Posted: Wed Nov 14th, 2018 02:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Heard a bunch were in Navajoa yesterday

Posted: Wed Nov 14th, 2018 06:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
on the radio all day 10 bus loads, went through sonora. when stopped at the military stop in benjamin hill they where asked where they where going. according the radio report they said the border, and where told nogales was less than two hours, they said they where headed to Tijuana. last radio report say's they arrived Tijuana!
also more bus loads are reported coming. the radio reports that mexican citizens where outrage that the government was financing their travel. another radio report disputed that the government paid, stating only they where financed!

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2018 11:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
bombero

Mana: 
Anyone traveling north seen the caravans? If so, are they going to Nogales or heading northwest from Santa Ana?

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2018 01:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
bombero, i discussed your question on my post #14. the 1st convoy through sonora has already arrived Tijuana. it is appearing on some news casts. in the radio reports here in san carlos mention was made here in guaymas, that more convoys where expected,. where their destination will be will be determined as they get closer!  

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2018 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is a fairly thorough overview of the migrant situation. This was written two days ago. It does mention that some are in Hermosillo.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/migrants-are-now-in-at-least-12-states/

I saw two guys out in the center of the road, along Garcia Lopez, at the last tope before heading to Empalme. They had signs saying they were from Honduras and were asking for money for food, transportation, etc.

BTW, I got some very large blue shrimp WITH HEADS for 140 pesos weighed kilo with no ice or water weight. I went to Claudia at the train tracks. I saw maybe a dozen shrimpers on the water heading back to Guaymas the day before, and figured the shrimp would be fresh. And they were. Claudia said she had gotten them that AM.

Bulk crab meat continues its meteoric rise. 180/kilo, but we gotta have it for spring rolls, cut rolls, etc.

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2018 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hook, that was a great article, thanks for sharing!! looks like the $hit has hit the fan in tijuana!! 

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2018 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I heard a large group refused free soup and sandwiches in Guadalajara. They wanted tacos.

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 01:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Some residents of Tijuana are clashing with them today

http://time.com/5456404/migrants-resistance-tijuana/

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 03:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
bull, thank you for verifying what i had posted that the mexicans citizens are not happy with this. i find the logic of the federal government or individual states financing their travel to get them out of their local boundaries an oxymoron!! when the finally reach their destination, they are still in mexico. it will only create a humanitarian night mare to care for them!
 this stinks of outside intervention!

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
https://tucson.com/news/local/military-closes-lanes-at-nogales-port-more-razor-wire-hung/article_9ae36800-e850-11e8-bb0c-1f9ace2b6da4.html

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 02:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Not good. I hope anyone crossing this week will report their experience and any delays.

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
hans

Mana: 
There will be long lines at the Border going North ! Mexicans have a long Weekend , National Holiday on Monday here in Mexico.

Posted: Fri Nov 16th, 2018 06:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
+ Black Friday traffic

Current time is 11:00 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > North Bound Migrants ?? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems