San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ARCO STATION IN TOWN  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 12:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
birddog

Mana: 
I went to the ARCO gas station in town on September 27 around 11 am and ask for 1000 pesos of fuel, after the girl pump the fuel I paid with my credit card. she gave me my recipe and I left,2 hours later a received an email from CI BANCO telling me I got charged 12000 pesos.I went back and spoke to the manager she had the signed receipt from my fuel, the attenant put 200 more on the fuel billl and sighn the receipt. she forged my name. the manager confronted her and she said she did it. they repaid me the 200 pesos and i left. 
the next day she was still working there, how maney other people has she riped off. 
beware. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
contez

Mana: 
My rule: NEVER use a Credit Card...in MEXICO !!!
And if you "NEED" to use a Credit Card in MEXICO ...beware!!!

U & K

Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Glad you got your money back, however I do not understand how the scam works, how does the attendant get the $200 in their pocket, seems the credit card company has the money not the cash box.  

Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 06:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
danelo

Mana: 
I second never using a credit card in Mexico.

Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 11:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The police should pay her a visit at work.

Posted: Mon Oct 1st, 2018 12:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
happy camper

Mana: 

You may have a typo in your first post ?? You where talking there that you paid 12 000 not 1200 like you said below, or did i missed something here ?
Yes, i agree with others , avoid in using a CC in Mexico whenever you can .

Last edited on Mon Oct 1st, 2018 12:53 am by happy camper

Posted: Tue Oct 2nd, 2018 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
JZ

Mana: 
I use a CC in Mexico all the time.

Ppl saying not to use a CC are nuts. Just pay attention.

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 03:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
contez

Mana: 
JZ, FYI...we are NOT nuts,...we just don't want take ANY chances to be scam or worst!!!
Guess what....we NEVER had any problem in MEXICO with ours Credit Cards, following my rule!!!
Have a nice day!!!
U & K

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 04:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Same here , never had a problem, because i hardly ever use my CC here in Mexico. Cash is the way to go here.

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
JZ

Mana: 
You get the best exchange rate with CC. Have a card that doesn't charge international fees. Collect points on your card, profit.

In the US there is no reason to carry cash/coins at all. Hate cash.

Have to have cash in MX. But don't be afraid of your own shadow to use a CC. You aren't gonna get scammed and you can always reverse charges anyway.

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
birddog

Mana: 
I guess you all are not getting it, the POINT was that keep the girl on working there that admitted forgery of my name and adding more money to the receipt.

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 06:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Interesting discussion, however nobody has offered an explanation as how the scam works, therefore maybe the gas attendant hit the wrong keys, no malice intended, I am awaiting for a reply as to the nature of the scam.  Thanks.

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 07:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
aligato

Mana: 
My understanding is each attendant is responsible for the amount of gas they sold during the day. They collect the cash and CC receipts and turn them in at the end of their shift. So pretty easy to scam, just take 200 pesos cash out to correct your balance at days end, pretty simple!

Posted: Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
frankie

Mana: 
jz, TO EACH HIS OWN!!! i try to avoid the use of credit cards here! i have an alert on my cards that notifies me ASAP on my phone, should a problem occur!!

i have had a problem here using my card at a place of confidence! 5 minutes after i left the store i was alerted of attempted suspicious purchases! i was close to my office where i have a tucson vonage line. i called the 800 number and was asked where i was, had i made the first transaction, i responded yes! the other 2 where in obregon for $850 and $1250!!

i called the police and 4 cars showed up, at the place of business. the problem was resolved!

to stop the other 2 payments, I HAD TO CLOSE MY CARD!!! I DIDN'T LOSE ANY MONEY, BUT NOW MY CARD WAS USELESS TO ME! THE NEW ONE WOULD COME IN 2 WEEKS TO MY TUCSON ADDRESS!

i have other cards and was able to transfer funds, from here at my home!

it was an inconvenience that i was able to resolve here on my secured lines i have at home!

regarding the exchange i use my NOB business bank account to make deposits to my personal CI bank account here, I GET THE DAILY FEDERAL RATE, NO COMMISSION FEES ARE CHARGED!

my wallet that i have on me always, has a protective fabric that does not allow someone walking by to scan my cards!

better safe than sorry or inconvenienced!

Last edited on Wed Oct 3rd, 2018 08:03 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
Frankie,  does the CI Banco accept personal checks from nob as deposits?

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 03:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Frankie is right on. The hassle to replace a CC here when you need to block one, is not worth at all in my books. At each is own , but just dont call other people nuts because they are not seeing any advantage in it if not needed for us.

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 04:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankie

Mana: 
dano, i don't think so, but i am not positive!

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 05:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
JZ

Mana: 

happy camper wrote: Frankie is right on. The hassle to replace a CC here when you need to block one, is not worth at all in my books. At each is own , but just dont call other people nuts because they are not seeing any advantage in it if not needed for us.

Have used a CC in San Carlos for 15 years.  Never once had fraud on it.

Sure it can happen.  Just don't have one CC.

Hiding your cash under your mattress has it's own challenges....

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 06:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
I believe the point was that the women is a thief, admitted it to her boss and they didn't fire her!  That was a heads up...  

Posted: Thu Oct 4th, 2018 07:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
birddog, i just reread your post and realized something that may be pertinent to your issue!

in my post #14, my first sentence, i state that my phone notifies me ASAP when there is a BANK transaction!

when i use my CI bank card at the ATM or complete a deposit or withdrawal with the teller, usually my phone notifies me while i am in front of the ATM or at the teller window!

you state 2 hours later you received a email? there is where it becomes suspicious!

since ARCO opened they are using a phone to charge you, they ask cash or card!

because of the email delay to you MAYBE it wasn't realized till later, probaly after many others had gotten service.

IT IS POSSIBLE SHE THEN PLACED THE AMOUNT OF 1,200 PESOS, NOT REMEMBERING THE CORRECT AMOUNT?

THIS IS FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND CONTEMPLATION!

Last edited on Thu Oct 4th, 2018 08:05 am by frankie

Current time is 03:07 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ARCO STATION IN TOWN Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems