San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rosa  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 25th, 2018 05:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
Rosa will become a hurricane but will stay well off shore.   Could be a rain maker for SC when it breaks up.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 560 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Sep 25th, 2018 06:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks, Rich

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Windy.com has an ominous prediction for the one behind it, but it is highly speculative. 

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Great graphics on that site. I have no idea how they forecast. Computer models I would guess. Will just have to see.

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Mexican radio stations are forecasting big weather events

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
RichD

Mana: 
For now, I would advise keeping an eye on Rosa until she is gone. Forecast to still by a hurricane on Monday. Some models have it turning back East and heading towards the Baja. That would be at least 6 days from now and there are too many variables to say for sure. Just be watchful and prepare for rain at the very least. The storm on the horizon should spin up by Monday or Tuesday. Hurricane season is not over. Follow your favorite weather sites.

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Latest advisory shows a strong turn to the Northeast.  It should be well North of SC by then but this storm bears watching.  It should be very weak by the time it approaches Baja due to cooler waters that far North in the Pacific.  I would not think this will be a wind event for SC and the rain might miss us too.  Predicting how much rain we will get based on the outer bands throwing off moisture is way too hard for me.  Baja will get soaked for sure.   Watch this storm carefully. 

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 417 times)

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 12:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Very interesting to watch the weather dynamics on windy.com with the play function. It seems that there is a pattern between morning and evening forecasts, with an accelerated pm forecast as usually activity heats up during the day. If you read eebmike's storm details of all the storm factors you would think there is no way that windy could have inputtd all those factors. Now, both are still hypothetical at best. Pretty accurate in the winter, but not so with hurricanes. Maybe more-so for the Pacific? We were in N.C. last year with a direct hit projected, and it went to Florida. (I am here again, so I am not writing this at 4:30!). Last night showed a direct hit on San Carlos for next weekend (and bigger than Rosa - which is almost consumed by the S storm). This morning it shows Rosa holding some strength enough to produce some strong NW winds which would hold the next storm back. Of course the storms crossing the mountains of Baja I'm sure are not calculated into the computer forecast. Pretty much a waste of time, I know. You can't predict the weather?

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
RichD

Mana: 
For anyone that does not have the links....

Windy.  Click on the wind option on the right side.

https://www.windy.com/?2018-10-04-12,19.994,-109.995,5

eebmike, a lot of information in one place...

http://www.eebmike.com/

Geary's commentary on sonrisa.net

http://sonrisanet.org/Yes_Tropical.html

And the main source, National Hurricane Center

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?epac

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks for the links, Rich.
Here is the link for Accuweather, too.  They update it a couple of times a day.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/east-pacific

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jordy

Mana: 
Rosa is messing up my Jeep plans. Might have to drive the truck down, which isn't nearly as much fun.

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Hard to say how much rain SC will get. Probably more rain from Nogales to Hermosillo. Maybe wear some foul weather gear in the Jeep.

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 08:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Jordy

Mana: 
True story.  Some of the worst rain I've ever been in was coming up the hill out of the Mariposa crossing, on several occasions.  Was doing my impression of a salmon driving up a river while the windshield wipers were trying to keep up.  

I'm not going to melt, but with half doors and a soft top, no point in filling the Jeep with water unnecessarily. 

Attachment: FB_IMG_1507328967631.jpg (Downloaded 339 times)

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Jordy

Mana: 
I already know how it's going to play out, granted I"m still going to watch the weather and decide next week, probably the morning I'm headed out. If I take the Jeep, it will rain cats and dogs the whole time, regardless of what the weather says.

On the other hand, if I take the truck, blue skies and sunshine. :D

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2018 02:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
RichD

Mana: 
The main body of Rosa will pass well North of San Carlos when it turns East.  Rocky Point might get a good soaking.  Spin off moisture is blowing East and I would expect rain in SC by late tonight and into tomorrow.  In the image you can see what will be Sergio starting to fire up.  Sergio should stay well off shore for now also.  Lots of rain for Arizona next week.  Take the Jeep anyway (nice Jeep by the way) but you will get wet.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 298 times)

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2018 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
RichD

Mana: 
The forecast track.  By the time it approaches land it will not be a hurricane but will certainly dump a lot of rain.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 300 times)

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2018 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I can't wait!

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2018 07:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Jordy

Mana: 
The weather people in Phoenix don't know what to do. They think it's going to maybe start raining Sunday, an 80% chance Monday, and amounts are all over the board. Some models are showing 2-3" in Phoenix. We need it, just not all at the same time.

Posted: Sat Sep 29th, 2018 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Rosa weakened yesterday then started gaining strength.  She should start to weaken quickly as she moves over cooler waters.   Outer bands starting to reach SC now.  The path will take it well North of SC.  Maybe some rain but no wind associated with Rosa.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 211 times)

Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2018 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
RichD

Mana: 
No significant change in track. It is slowing down but will still have a little pop when it hits the Baja. Maybe up to 50mph winds. Then the wind should back off but will dump a lot of rain. No problems in SC but not a good time to travel in Arizona on Tuesday.

Current time is 09:45 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Rosa Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems