San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Temporary Residence Visa  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2018 01:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
goldin

Mana: 
The Tip is required only if you want to travel beyond Km98 in Empalme and, I don’t know if it has anything to do with the type of vehicle. I noticed in this Manual references in every page to Aduana. It must be a joined effort between Aduana rules and the fee collecting arm of Hacienda.

I’ll see what else I can find specific to US cars in the Hassle Free Zone, while permanent.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2018 02:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thanks goldin

Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2018 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
One wrinkle in all this. I believe that Aduana is UNDER the umbrella of Hacienda, i.e., a sub agency.

This is another example of the confusion over the term TIP. ANY foreign plated vehicle needs a TIP to travel out of the hassle-free zone. It doesnt matter if your camper in bolted in or removable. This TIP is the right to drive outside the hassle free zone.

Many types of RVs, not campers, can apply for a TIP that allows them this privilege.

But any way you cut it, a foreign plated vehicle will need some type of TIP to exit the hassle-free zone.

For

Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2018 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thanks Hook. It was the word "TIP" that was confusing to me. I simply called it a "car permit". But, I completely understand the rules and I think most people understand these rules. What we are talking about in this thread (I think) is a US plated vehicle inside the "hassle free" zone with a US citizen owner who is also a Mexican permanent resident. Some of us are looking deeper into this issue.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 12:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
cowpoke43

Mana: 
Google maps shows the INM office to be at the Guymas airport. Is this correct?

My understanding is that it takes about 3 weeks to finalize a Temporary Resident visa and one should not leave Mexico before the process is complete.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge for obtaining permission to return to the US before that process is complete should that become necessary?

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
goldin

Mana: 
That would be a big problem. When you came in with your visa from the consulate you were told that the visa usage was a one time only, just to get you to immigration in Guaymas, or help you cross the border. If you have an emergency or such, I suggest you go to Immigration and see what they suggest.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
goldin

Mana: 
There used to be an immigration office at the airport. That office is no longer there.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 12:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
Angel

Mana: 
There are still immigration officers at the airport, but just to process foreigners that arrive/depart by plane. But goldin is right, there is no "immigration office" per se. Do not try to get a tourist permit there if you forgot or couldn't get one when you crossed the border by land, or file application for resident cards.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
cowpoke43

Mana: 

With no place in Guymas to finalize a "Temporary Resident" visa, can someone suggest an alternate?

Would Hermosillo be the closest alternate and if so does someone know the location of the INM office there?

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 02:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
There IS an IMN office in Guaymas.  Your question was about an office at the airport.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 02:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
goldin

Mana: 
I’ll give you my example. We just finished my fifth process of temporary visa for the first year. While at the immigration office I asked how to go about renewing for the next three years as we would be going on vacation in San Miguel de Allende until October 2019. We would fly from the US into SMA. My visa expires at the beginning of 10/19. I was asking if I could renew for the next 3 years in SMA. She said absolutely not. We need to renew back in GUAYMAS, there would not be a record in SMA. She also explained that once my visa expires I would not be able to request any type of permit to leave the country to fly back. I had to move my vacation by a month so that I would be able to be back in GUAYMAS for my renewal in 10/19.

This sheds a little light on cowpokes need to go to the US to wait for the 3 weeks of processing of the temporary. I’m sure they give you some type of document to justify your status while the visa processes. The question is is it enough to cross the border and back? 
I think not, but it’s worth asking at Immigration.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 06:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
cowpoke43

Mana: 
Since Google Maps only listed a single INM office at the Guymas Airport,  forgive me for asking the wrong question. If there is an INM office in Guymas where one can finalize a Temporary Resident visa, please provide an address. Also contact information if available.

Will be bringing a live aboard sail boat from La Paz to San Carlos and looking for the most convenient place to finalize the TR visa. La Paz is very difficult to access from Tucson while San Carlos is relatively easy.

The question regarding returning to the US while the visa is processing was asked because of pending medical appointments for the wife.

Thank you.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
goldin

Mana: 
Cowpoke, I’m no expert with this copying and pasting but here’s a pic of the Guaymas map showing the location of the immigration office in Guaymas. Somebody said that it was in front of the Ford dealership. It’s after El Vigía shopping center on the left side of Serdan. At the entrance to the office there’s a Sixt rental office, very tiny in the same lot. You’ll see a hill on the left of the lot. Turn in there and park. They are open from 9-1pm only. If I find the number I’ll post again. I’ve learned that having the correct address does not necessarily help you. Good luck.

[img]blob:http://forum.sancarlosmexico.com/5e76297f-4697-4c87-ab1b-08847d3f7275[/img]

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Ok. That did not work. I can try to email you the map if you provide access.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 08:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Sorry, the street in front of El Vigía center and immigration is called Garcia Lopez, not Serdan. Same as Hwy 15.

Posted: Sun Dec 30th, 2018 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
cowpoke43

Mana: 

With your help and descriptions I was able to find it on the map. Using the search engine of Google Maps, INM only showed the airport location but when I typed the entire name it showed in the very area you described.

Thanks so much for your help. Hope we can meet up for coffee sometime.

Thanks to everyone else who replied as well.

Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
goldin

Mana: 
You are welcome. Happy to help. If it’s not too late, I found the number for the Immigration office in GUAYMAS, 224-0199. Good luck with all.

Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 03:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Be pleasant. They are very helpful, but they do follow the rules.

Current time is 07:43 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Temporary Residence Visa Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems