San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > BF Farmacia Significant price increases

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
BF Farmacia Significant price increases  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Aug 26th, 2018 01:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Ran around and check prices on what I needed and BF was the same price as Farmacia Guadalajara which was the cheapest so it all depends on what your getting.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Aug 26th, 2018 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
gizzi: I agree with you. My big/expensive monthly item is a non-generic blood thinner. No generic available. Guadalajara was definitely cheaper on this and on other generic items.

I might add that when I commented to the manager at BF about their price increases over the last 30+ days, she graciously suggested Guadalajara. 

Last edited on Sun Aug 26th, 2018 02:10 am by ballenamar

Posted: Mon Aug 27th, 2018 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Our meds increased there as well. I used an Anoro inhaler for lung damage along with it's sister product Arnuity made by Glaxo. The Walmart and Walgreen price in Tucson is approx. 419.00 US Dollars each. Glaxo also makes another sister product, Relvare, which contains the drug mixture of both Anoro and of Arnuity. It was 389.00 a month and went up to 629.00 a month at BF here. Did I mention that's pesos here?? Approx. 20 dollars increased to 30 dollars a month as opposed to in excess of 800.00 dollars a month in the US!! I will check prices at Guadalajara but I'm not yelling too loud. I was visiting with my doctor at Pima Heart in Tucson last week during a test and he was fully aware of the different prices of identical drugs from the same "Phizers" here and in the US. Many are 10 fold more expensive there. Guess the remedy is to invest in their stock, LOL, or buy their drugs here?? Ynot

Posted: Mon Aug 27th, 2018 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
My doctor in the USA is emphatic. Mexican medications are just as good as their US counterparts !!! But even so, I do blood work twice a year and am able to verify the effectiveness of Mexican medications directly on my body.

Posted: Tue Aug 28th, 2018 03:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
And that's as it should be. Blood tests don't lie if done correctly. These meds are Glaxo here and Glaxo there, so I am comparing apples to apples. Approx. 840.00 US Dollars per month there as opposed to 40. US Dollars per month here. As I said, Phizer is probably in your retirement fund. Ynot

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 08:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
This is an update on a post about Farmacia BF in San Carlos that I started in August. The issue was significantly higher prices at BF than at Farmacia Guadalajara in Miramar. When I talked to the  BF manager, she told me to bring in my Guadalajara receipt and she would match the prices. Today I attempted to purchase a blood thinner at BF which was 200 pesos more at BF than at Guadalajara. I showed the manager my Guadalajara receipt from the previous month and she refused to honor her promise. On top of that, she was trying to push a much higher priced non-generic drug on me today instead of the generic variety. For me, I will avoid BF from now on. The large price difference on the blood thinner alone (about $us20) justifies a trip to Farmacia Guadalajara in Miramar. And now, I feel like the BF ethics are in question when they say nothing as they try to push a non-generic drug on me. My housekeeper  says that the prices in Guaymas are even lower. 

Last edited on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 08:46 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankie

Mana: 
BF is BS!! i had a problem last month! i asked if they had a 100 count of my 50mg medicine, instead of the normal 50 count. they gave me a box i paid a few days later when i went to open the box it was 50 count and 100 mg. the SOB's could have killed me!!
i went back and they could not refund my money but gave a credit. this month when i went in the credit it was only good for a week!
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
That really is BS, Frankie.
I am always very careful to check the count on the box and mg # when I buy meds.

But the store credit is total BS.  I hate being treated that way.  

The other thing you REALLY have to look out for is expired meds.  One must always look at the expiration date on the box.

Ballenamar, what is the name of the woman you perceive to be the manager?

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Hook

Mana: 
ballenamar wrote: My doctor in the USA is emphatic. Mexican medications are just as good as their US counterparts !!! But even so, I do blood work twice a year and am able to verify the effectiveness of Mexican medications directly on my body.

The most prominent doctor in San Carlos has been saying that generic medicines are from China and are not the same strength in many cases.

Who to believe????

Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2018 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Hook: I'd be curious about who you think is the most "prominent" doctor in San Carlos. In my view, prominence depends on who you talk to. I have heard at least two Mexican doctors tell me to stay away from the pharmacy that only sells generics (I forget the name of the place) because the medications come from China. But, that comment did not apply to any other pharmacies. My American doctor strongly believes that most medications sold in Mexico are good. But, as I previously noted, my proof always comes from my blood test results every six months and not the comments of some doctor.

Last edited on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 10:23 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 04:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Hook

Mana: 
I agree, prominence depends on who you talk to.

The vast majority of people I talk to go to this particular doctor. The original "most prominent" doctor in town seems to be more interested in cosmetic surgery now.

I guess it boils down to whether you talk to more people than me.

How could your American doctor know much about the medications we are sold in Mexico? He/she is in America, right?

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Hi Hook: He is a Mexican cardiologist who now practices in Tucson. And I repeat " my proof always comes from my blood test results every six months and not the comments of some doctor."

Last edited on Fri Dec 21st, 2018 01:35 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: I agree, prominence depends on who you talk to.

The vast majority of people I talk to go to this particular doctor. The original "most prominent" doctor in town seems to be more interested in cosmetic surgery now.

I guess it boils down to whether you talk to more people than me.

How could your American doctor know much about the medications we are sold in Mexico? He/she is in America, right?

And who knows where the drugs are produced when you buy them in the states either.

Its all what the public, or their Insurance, will pay and the local stores and companies charge as much as they can. 

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
mutineer

Mana: 
Why do you think they call it Similares?  I learned the hard way, with an infection that did not do the job

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I started using Similares in 2000 and have always had good luck. One should to check the % of active ingredient on the back of the box, not just the weight of the pill.

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 11:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Bullshipper. For some years, I have avoided Farmacia Similares because my doctor said that their products were not always reliable. But as I stated earlier, I always rely on my blood test results to tell me whether a medication is working or not.

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2018 11:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
ballenamar wrote: Bullshipper. For some years, I have avoided Farmacia Similares because my doctor said that their products were not always reliable. But as I stated earlier, I always rely on my blood test results to tell me whether a medication is working or not.

I understood your earlier post. Sounds like a logical approach for you.

Just stating my experience, and that I take a lot of different medications. I haven't seen a difference so far, except in price, and I do blood work 2-4 times a year.

Posted: Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 05:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
A Friend of mine ( Pharmacist ) who had his own Pharmacy in Tucson for many years is buying now his medications in Similaris. He said there is hardly any difference , but only the price. Was told also that most doctors got a cut from the Pharmacy on there prescribed drugs to you , but not in Simalaris, since there prices are already lower .I am personally only on one med and that comes from similaris . Works perfectly for what i need.

Posted: Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thanks happy camper. I will try them next month. Do they also have non-generic medications like Xarelto where there is no generic option?? Is Similares still in San Carlos ?? I have not taken the time to check but will do so now.

Last edited on Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 06:19 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Wed Dec 26th, 2018 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
ballenamar, Similaris is in San Carlos next to the restaurant Blackies. You can ask there if they have what you need. Not always you are able to get all meds in a generic, but they will tell you so. So fare i know, they have only generics e non others .

Last edited on Wed Dec 26th, 2018 02:01 am by happy camper

Current time is 03:46 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > BF Farmacia Significant price increases Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems