San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Break in Friday night  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
My house was broken into last night. 
Northwest Ranchitos.  
Just a heads up.
It is that time of year. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Our outside travel trailer was hit last year. They took our crappy, built-in stereo (that wasnt working, HA!) and our rather expensive alcohol from the states. Like Hendrix Gin, Crown Royal, Ketel One. They removed a very narrow window from the back side and must have put a kid inside.

Probably tossed it all out once they tasted it. Probably thought it had a funny taste, compared to Oso Negro.

Might I ask how they entered, Rich?

Ain't it great having essentially no police force.........and the bad guys know it.

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
They used a pry bar on the front steel door. Not much you can do when they are that determined.

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I found out that a house 2 doors away was completely stripped. Appliances, furniture, phones, sheets, towels, everything. That is bold. Luckily I did not have much worth stealing.

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
RichD wrote: I found out that a house 2 doors away was completely stripped. Appliances, furniture, phones, sheets, towels, everything. That is bold. Luckily I did not have much worth stealing.

Naw, not in San Carlos.

No mention on the feel-good-posts-only-or-you're-banned board. They are too busy arguing over the moderator's favorite key lime pie. 

Last edited on Sun Jul 1st, 2018 12:04 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Pretty hard to discuss it, if it's not reported there.

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 01:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Check the police....

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 02:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Cclub

Mana: 
They caught one last night in the act on Manglares.

https://opinionsonora.com/2018/06/30/atrapan-a-ladron-con-las-manos-en-la-masa-en-san-carlos/

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 05:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
390pony wrote: Pretty hard to discuss it, if it's not reported there.

Pretty hard to discuss things, if they arent allowed over there, too.

Or if the mod discounts comments with, "oh, that happens all the time in the US" or "I am glad to pay less taxes in Mexico and get no water, garbage service, fire, police or road repairs."

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 07:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
390pony

Mana: 
The information is posted there now.

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 07:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 
390pony wrote: The information is posted there now.

Yep, the feel-good burglary account is posted. 

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Hook   you are a menace   don't come back.

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
limey, WFT??? your comment to hook is way out of line!

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Please let's not get into a pissing contest over this. Break ins are happening as they do every summer with so many people away. Just be vigilant.

Hook, love you man but sometimes when people decide to leave Mexico they look for things to support the idea that they made a good decision.

Mexico has problems. I still like living here. When I stop liking it I will leave.

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
JScarber

Mana: 
It always astonishes me to see people so devoted to one-up comments. Do we really care what someone else is thinking or how others rationalize their cranky approach to life. Good grief folks, if you are in search of the "perfect place" to live~good luck. Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder so none of us are in a position to judge what another considers perfection. How about if we just let everyone think whatever they want think, and go about our own lives smiling.:cool:

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 08:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Richard... you understand tkx
My home was entered while i was sleeping. they got a small TV i survived and love it here, could have been any place, any country...

Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Limey wrote: Richard... you understand tkx
My home was entered while i was sleeping. they got a small TV i survived and love it here, could have been any place, any country...

limey, this was a thought out reply, philosophical in it's rendering!!!! many times we make "knee jerk" replies in the HEAT of it all!!
cheers to you!

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 03:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Hook

Mana: 
RichD wrote: Please let's not get into a pissing contest over this. Break ins are happening as they do every summer with so many people away. Just be vigilant.

Hook, love you man but sometimes when people decide to leave Mexico they look for things to support the idea that they made a good decision.

Mexico has problems. I still like living here. When I stop liking it I will leave.

All we've done is left for the summer months, like so many others. My wife found work that she absolutely loves in the summer months, so we have to be gone then. Buying a place in the States for the first time in nine years was 95% because of theat job. Renting was too expensive an option, even in Idaho, and interest rates were at historical lows in late 2016. It was a no-brainer. We are traveling more, internationally, and we dont really want to do that in the good weather months in San Carlos. 

The other 5% was the severe drop off in the fishing I like and how fenced-in San Carlos has become. Very little open desert. Not the Mexico I want for 12 months anymore.

Traveling to other countries has been a real eye-opener, also. Countries that were torn by war only 20-25 years ago (Croatia, Slovenia), AND have absorbed huge influxes of desperate immigrants, manage to , maintain the rule of law, get the trash collected, have water to their homes, fix roads, protect their ecology, etc. And they dont have the advantage of living next to the greatest economy in the world, like Mexico does. They manage to keep it civilized.

Our place is for sale but we fully expect to rent a few months a year in San Carlos, when/if it sells. I guess that assumes that the garbage, roads, security, water situations dont get any worse. Is that too much to expect? Maybe they cant GET any worse. 

Hey, I realize my comments aren't helping the selling. But I come from a media background. The news has to get out. I have gringo friends whose safety could depend on it. Some things are more important that money. 

My Mexican friends and acquaintances are generally not happy with what's going on down there, either. They see it more realistically than gringos who hang out only on gringo boards. 

That's why I chafe at the censorship on the other board. That's why I feel there is power in knowledge. But invested foreigners with their heads in the sand don't want to hear it, sometimes. Then, ignore it, if you like.

One could go days, weeks, months and even years in San Carlos, without experiencing what is going on in the rest of Mexico. The same could be said of La Paz and Cabo San Lucas and Bahia de Los Angeles and San Quintin, only 2-3 years ago. I simply cannot believe what is going on in a beautiful city like La Paz. Colima is another area that has gone to hell in two years.

It's beginning to look like the "new normal" in Mexico. It's the worst I've seen it in my 49 years of traveling to Mexico. 

But if you live in gringo enclaves or only go to all-inclusive beach resorts in Mexico, you may never actually see the violence. At least not so far. That doesn't mean one shouldn't be aware of what's going on.

The menace is all around you, Limey. Dont shoot the messenger.

Let's see what AMLO can do.............

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 04:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hook, also a thought out reply!!!! it is what it is!!!

AMLO, is the president elect of Mexico!!

i witnessed history today! incredibly i saw him on TV leave his compound and leave in a VW jetta, with his window open!

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 04:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Hook

Mana: 
This might be a good time for you to take us through the rules of succession in Mexico, if the president-elect dies in office. Or even before he takes office. What happens? Is there a VP that succeeds?

I hope this guy isnt going to be so cavalier about his safety as leaving in a freakin' Jetta with the window rolled down.

I want to see him succeed. Many Mexicans do.

Last edited on Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 04:39 am by Hook

Current time is 03:11 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Break in Friday night Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems