San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: frankie wrote: Jimmy wrote:

LMAO........And, what "Country" are you speaking of, Paisano????

i wouldn't expect someone like you to recognize some of the verbiage, in the USA loyalty oath. it is reserved for military officers and or certain government officials! 

"paisano" is that meant as racial slur?

Last edited on Sun Jun 17th, 2018 06:26 pm by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Steve W.

Mana: 
This was posted on Redit

Mexican Mayoral Candidate Becomes Political Murder Victim Number 114.... Alejandro Chavez Zavala's death brings the total number of candidates killed since September to 114.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/8rjgli/mexican_mayoral_candidate_becomes_political/

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
I'll be interested in seeing if the election / inauguration has any effect on my naturalization process.

I took the exam and satisfied every single requirement on the 5th of June. election is 1st of July. inauguration is 1st of December. Just 4 days short of the 6 months part of the 3 to 6 months processing time I was quoted.

fun stuff.

Posted: Mon Jun 18th, 2018 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Steve W. wrote: This was posted on Redit

Mexican Mayoral Candidate Becomes Political Murder Victim Number 114.... Alejandro Chavez Zavala's death brings the total number of candidates killed since September to 114.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/8rjgli/mexican_mayoral_candidate_becomes_political/

Mexico has a most unusual primary system, eh? 

And still people will compare the violence in Mexico with New Orleans or Chicago. ;)

How about the number of journalists killed during the campaign? That must be getting up there, too.

Posted: Mon Jun 18th, 2018 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Steve W. wrote: This was posted on Redit

I wonder where this blog is getting its facts as I have not heard anything close to this number coming from the news services. 

The narcos are going nuts trying to take over Guzman's buisnesses, so those murders went from a low of 15k to around 29K in 2017, and Cnn counts 40 journalists killed here in the last 22 years.

Posted: Mon Jun 18th, 2018 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
frankie

Mana: 
bullshipper , excellent point! just more more fake news or alternative facts!

Posted: Mon Jun 18th, 2018 08:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I am not sure, but the blog struck me as internet chatter after reading a few pages

Posted: Mon Jun 18th, 2018 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
frankie

Mana: 
what a world we live in, i long for the days when cronkite,rather, reasner, reported the news!

could it be the russians?

Last edited on Mon Jun 18th, 2018 08:52 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
Steve W.

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Steve W. wrote: This was posted on Redit

I wonder where this blog is getting its facts as I have not heard anything close to this number coming from the news services. 

The narcos are going nuts trying to take over Guzman's buisnesses, so those murders went from a low of 15k to around 29K in 2017, and Cnn counts 40 journalists killed here in the last 22 years.

looks like the source is Telesurtv
http://wp.telesurtv.net/english/news/Mexican-Mayoral-Candidate-Becomes-Murder-Victim-Number-114-20180615-0013.html

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Telesur (stylised as teleSUR) is a multi-state fundedLatin American terrestrial and satellite television network headquartered in CaracasVenezuela. It is sponsored primarily by the government of Venezuela,[1] but also by CubaNicaraguaUruguay, and Bolivia.[2]

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 03:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Steve W. wrote:

looks like the source is Telesurtv
http://wp.telesurtv.net/english/news/Mexican-Mayoral-Candidate-Becomes-Murder-Victim-Number-114-20180615-0013.html

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Telesur (stylised as teleSUR) is a multi-state fundedLatin American terrestrial and satellite television network headquartered in CaracasVenezuela. It is sponsored primarily by the government of Venezuela,[1] but also by CubaNicaraguaUruguay, and Bolivia.[2]
 steve, thank you for showing us where it came from, i think that is very stand up on your part!!!!i am not certain if "Telesur" is a legitimate source!

Last edited on Tue Jun 19th, 2018 03:26 am by frankie

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
According to Mexico City-based security consultancy Etellekt, many of the slain candidates were running for local office.

Looks like a security firm was their source of info. I personally have heard about less than 4-5 this year.

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
Steve W.

Mana: 
"i am not certain if "Telesur" is a legitimate source!"

I am not sure either! That why I posted where it came from and how it funded.

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2018 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
steve, vetting  your source, shows me you are a responsible person! thank you!!

in the current times of "fake news" using a "citation" for where you resourced your information gives the reader a better understanding and validity to the post/comment!!

you are to be commended!

Last edited on Tue Jun 19th, 2018 06:22 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Jun 28th, 2018 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Now up to 129 candidates killed. Yes, virtually all are in local elections. Control the government at the local levels, including the local police forces, and you control the means to move drugs north.

I'm sure you've all seen the recent stories of the theft of ballots in Oaxaca and the poll stating that 1/3 of all Mexican voters have been offered something for their vote.

Posted: Fri Jun 29th, 2018 07:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
hans

Mana: 
To all Mexicans !
Check witch Party gives you the most Money for your vote.
Take the Cash and then Vote for the One you like.:)

Posted: Fri Jun 29th, 2018 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Sunday is close. Any recent polls, or is that banned this close to election day?

Posted: Fri Jun 29th, 2018 08:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
frankie

Mana: 
there are 7.6 billion people on the planet, in 1970 there was half 3.7 billion!

the mexican election is this sunday, never in history have so many people been able to vote in any country with democratic elections!

NEVER has there been so much power to influence a particular vote! IE; cell phones, 24 hour multi-channel TV, computers, ect.!!!!!

nothing to distinguish real news from fake news, and knowone taking the time to do so!

this is the world we live in now, we can only hope for the best!

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: Now up to 129 candidates killed. Yes, virtually all are in local elections. Control the government at the local levels, including the local police forces, and you control the means to move drugs north.

I'm sure you've all seen the recent stories of the theft of ballots in Oaxaca and the poll stating that 1/3 of all Mexican voters have been offered something for their vote.

The Economista reports 63 total attacks in 2 years, 30 this year Hook. Who says 129?

https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2018/03/13/1226009

Last edited on Sat Jun 30th, 2018 02:05 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Good Point #78

Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2018 01:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is the LATEST source of the story.

Mexico Daily News seems to be an online source that scours the Mexican press, govt records, etc. and writes their own stories in English. But they always give their sources, if it was not completely originated by one of their writers.

Must have been three more since they posted the original story I was alluding to on the 28th. Now up to 132. They are going back to last September; calling that the ".....start of the electoral process."

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/half-of-political-violence-in-just-five-states-consultancy/

Current time is 01:35 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems