San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
390pony

Mana: 
Frankie, you are minimizing the problems of illegal immigration in the US. Illegals are voting, receiving welfare, social security, and all other kinds of government help. They trash the desert as they cross over and threaten and murder citizens. It is a huge problem! And, no they are not all Mexicans, but they are illegal. As a US taxpayer who receives no government assistance, the fact that they do enrages me. Especially, since my taxes pay for it! Just imagine what would happen if I tried to vote in a Mexican election or tried to get government assistance here, Yes, I have a "white" face, what does that have to do with it? I clearly am a gringo, but I speak Spanish, pay in pesos, and do everything legally. I have been traveling and living in Mexico for more than 50 years, and love the people and this country, but I follow the laws. I expect the same for those entering the US.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
390pony wrote:  Illegals are voting,  laurie, after the election 45 declared that there where millions of illegal aliens voting! 45 demanded a commission to investigate these allegations!
the findings of 45's commission where minimal probably less than a dozen, i don't have the exact numbers!

there are many on welfare, yes!

receiving SS , how many paid in and left?

I AM NOT DENYING THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PROBLEM! IT IS A PROBLEM!

EVERY CONSUMER IN THE USA LEGAL OR ILLEGAL PAYS TAXES, THOSE TAXES GO INTO THE, LOCAL,COUNTY,STATE,AND FEDERAL, GENERAL COFFERS!

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
so if lopez obrador does win and decides to expel the american cabachos here. i can only hope he takes pity on me, only wanting to return to the mother land and being married to my well connected mexican wife!

Attachment: norma & me.jpg (Downloaded 96 times)

Last edited on Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:10 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 

I am a disabled Combat Vet. I agree with Johnmoore.

Understand that there has been planned Invasion of the US by Mexico. In 1990 I worked for a noted Mexican newspaper publisher in Tijuana. He told me to my face, in no uncertain words, that the Mexican hierarchy were working toward "Taking Their Land Back"!!!

Good Lord, can anyone comprehend a US run like Mexico!?

PS. frankie, how lucky you were to have had the opportunity to make your retirement in the US instead of Mexico.

Last edited on Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:30 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote:
I am a disabled Combat Vet. I agree with Johnmoore.

"Taking Their Land Back"!!!

Good Lord, can anyone comprehend a US run like Mexico!?

taking their land back?? isn't that a curious statement???  aztlan!!!!

jimmy, i consider what you contribute to the american society a noble cause, but there are few like you!!

yes are economy is better in the usa! so is mexico's!

mexico doesn't have a 21 trillion dollar debt, no is talking about any more!

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Frankie, you and Baca look like Gemelos. Are you related? jajaja

Last edited on Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:35 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankie

Mana: 
no, hahahaha!

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
390pony

Mana: 
frankie wrote: 390pony wrote:  Illegals are voting,  laurie, after the election 45 declared that there where millions of illegal aliens voting! 45 demanded a commission to investigate these allegations!
the findings of 45's commission where minimal probably less than a dozen, i don't have the exact numbers!

EVERY CONSUMER IN THE USA LEGAL OR ILLEGAL PAYS TAXES, THOSE TAXES GO INTO THE, LOCAL,COUNTY,STATE,AND FEDERAL, GENERAL COFFERS!

style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Frankie, that is not true about the illegal voters.  It has been determined that there were hundreds of thousands voting.

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
390pony

Mana: 
frankie wrote: 390pony wrote:  Illegals are voting,  laurie, after the election 45 declared that there where millions of illegal aliens voting! 45 demanded a commission to investigate these allegations!

style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Frankie, that is not true about the illegal voters.  It has been determined that there were hundreds of thousands voting.

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote

PS. frankie, how lucky you were to have had the opportunity to make your retirement in the US instead of Mexico.

jimmy, i retired in mexico, i truly give thanks every day for my blessings!

Attachment: IMG_4569.JPG (Downloaded 94 times)

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
hans

Mana: 
What ????.....The USA is even using the vote of Ilegals ???
Sounds like Corruption in the USA.

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 08:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
380pony, Laurie you are a very intelligent and educated lady! please do a fact check!! 
you will see there is no basis for hundreds of thousands of illegal votes!
it would have been a scandal that would have never left the daily news!
if i had the knowledge to paste on the thread i would, i am ignorant to do so! 

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
please all google;

commission results on illegal voting!

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Frankie, you are aware of the skewed media in the US? There is a great deal that either isn't reported, or is straight out lies.

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 09:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
frankie

Mana: 
yep, i agree!!! 

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 

frankie wrote; taking their land back?? isn't that a curious statement???  aztlan!!!!

How far back in History do you want to go?

Who did the Aztec take Tenochtitlan from?

Who did Cortez take Mexico from?

I don't see the French wanting to take their land back!

And, BTW, I have always thought it a pity that the US didn't take All of Mexico when they had a chance.

I have Native American Blood in my veins, should I want to take back my heritage?

Frankly-Frankie, I find the invasion offensive.

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2018 11:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
There were many influential Sonoran's that wanted the US to take more after the war and later to buy more with the Gadsen purchase. Even back then they could see a better future for themselves with the US.

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Johnny D

Mana: 
‘Not even fraud can stop me now:’ presidential frontrunner AMLO
López Obrador says it will take a miracle for his rivals to beat him

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is what Wikipedia has on his political positions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Manuel_L%C3%B3pez_Obrador#Political_positions

Could he be any worse that his predecessors? He certainly SEEMS committed to rooting out corruption, which is really Mexico's biggest problem. I really dont know how that would be accomplished in Mexico. It is so ingrained in society. Especially at the municipal police level.

Past candidates from both PRI and PAN have proposed eliminating municipal police because they are so easily corrupted by the cartels, have so little training in actual police skills and dont really accomplish anything. I wonder where he stands on that issue? It's a very LOCAL issue, IMO.

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2018 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Thanks Hook. In that article it talks about migration to Mexico in terms of people coming from Central America. I wonder what will happen about policies towards ex pats from the US and Canada. It looks like he will win so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Current time is 03:09 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > What's the mood among Mexicans in town, regarding the presidential election? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems