San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water Rationing?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
maryt

Mana: 
Actually, Kiteboarder, the water under your land is not yours to use as you please in Mexico. Water rights are under the control of a Federal agency, ConAgua, who designates some of the responsibilities to states: CEA in Sonora. I have a friend who bought some ranch land off the road to Kino. It took him several years and hundreds of hoops before he could have a well.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
10-99

Mana: 
As of June 4, 2018, this is CEA’s delivery schedule of water to Sector Creston. I take no responsibility for it’s accuracy, other than it was copied directly from their posted schedule…hopefully it is for this universe….

MONDAY 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM Tuesday

WEDNESDAY 3:00 PM to noon on Thursday

FRIDAY 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM Saturday

SUNDAY 6:00 PM to noon on Monday

John Bonhorst

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Actually, maryt, I never said that the water under your land is yours to use as you please in Mexico.  What I said was "I am sure that all the farmers, ranchers, and home owners out in the aquifer in question have the right to use the groundwater under their land." 
I know a few folks that live out that way and they all have water rights and from what I see, most  of their neighbors have wells. So, I stand by what I wrote.

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
SharkBite

Mana: 
Sad to report that in Ranchitos today, the water started at 8am but is already off.  I didn't get much, not enough to shower every day and do dishes until Friday.  Don't know what time it went off, but looks like maybe 2 hours worth.

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
EZ MONY

Mana: 
Nothing @ the 'ol "H" Brigade.

So far the schedule appears to be some kind of joke.

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2018 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Plenty of water in Villa Hermosa.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2018 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
kiteboarder wrote: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, Earlier you equated water right to paying your water bill. Not sure what you were trying to say. I merely posted Wikipedia's definition of water right. I am sure that all the farmers, ranchers, and home owners out in the aquifer in question have the right to use the groundwater under their land. Niceguy advocated taking those rights away and you advocated restricting land owners' rights of using their land for building homes.

Any use of water in Sonora has to be Contracted through the CEA or municipal water company as far as I know. You cannot sell or buy water rights without their prior approval.
If you want a new well, transfer an existing, pump from a well or pond, you apply, get your permit in your name, and pay for the water by the cubic meter. So mineral and water rights are not included with land titles, or are invalid if they are written to include them.

Mines are allowed to dewater subsurface areas they are mining, but they too must first apply and pay if approved. Mineral rights are the same. You cannot transfer or sell these concessions without prior approval by the department of mining.

So its different in Mexico than in the states if I am understanding you correctly. And while many cities in the USA have legally placed decade long moratoriums on granting more new building permits due to limited water supplies, I agree with you that all they can do legally is to ration water with existing customers in both countries and Guaymas could stop all new building if the voters were behind the idea to increase their property values using this tactic.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2018 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: kiteboarder wrote:  ignorance. Water rights is the ownership of the water beneath your land and the right to pump and use and or sell it. well how can i respond, ""wrong"" you do not exclusively legally own the water or mineral rights beneath your property! unless at closing they where exclusively transferred to you for the explicit use of residential, agriculture or mining purposes!

bullshipper, thank you for the vindication!! 
if you where purchasing a property with existing water rights, you would want in place all you described before closing "notario"!!
a moratorium is a temporary ban on building not necessarily permanent!! 

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2018 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
None of what any of the replies to my post have anything to do with my post, but thanks for the endless chatter. Bullshipper, I was writing about the landowners that have wells and are selling water to the water trucks and the fact that niceguy was advocating stopping them from doing that. And Frankie, I gave you the definition of "water rights" and really didn't care about when or how they obtained those rights. When I write about apples, why do some people want to reply about oranges. I could care less.
My point and my objection was that both Frankie and niceguy were advocating limiting Mexicans' rights of ownership to solve their problems. How would you feel if some Mexican nationals in the USA were trying to limit your property rights up there?

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2018 11:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankie

Mana: 
kiteboarder wrote: Frankie, once again you prove your ignorance. Water rights is the ownership of the water beneath your land and the right to pump and use and or sell it. 

Water right in water law refers to the right of a user to use water from a water source, e.g., a river, stream, pond or source of groundwater. In areas with plentiful water and few users, such systems are generally not complicated or contentious. Wikipedia

You seem to want to insult me on this board. I look forward to replying in person.

Hahaha - I just got Frankies response in a private message. "lets go for it ASS hole!!!!"
don, here is you complete post #32!
maryt , bullshipper and i have merely tried to explain to you the difference of land ownership and water rights!
your 3rd paragraph, i took as a threat "challenge" and i did PM you!
we text later in private message in a civil manner that i thanked you for it! 

Last edited on Tue Jun 5th, 2018 11:57 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2018 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
No, here is my post that started this mess: 

"Frankie and niceguy, I love your answers to the problem. I suggest that you send the Commisario your thoughts on taking away the property rights of Mexicans so that you can have water. I would like to see his reaction. If a politician proposed that in the USA you would probably call him a communist and demand compensation for loss of property value and loss of future income from that property."

If all this was just because I didn't distinguish between property rights and water rights, I apologize to the nitpickers. It doesn't change the meaning of my post.

Ugh, post what you want, I'm not playing this game anymore. You win.

Last edited on Wed Jun 6th, 2018 12:08 am by kiteboarder

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2018 12:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: LTM, THAT IS THE 64 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!!!!!!!
THERE SHOULD BE BUILDING MORATORIUM UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS SATISFACTORILY RESOLVED!

this my post #24 responding to post #23!!
i am a builder / developer i currently have properties suitable for building. i have been cautious in developing these properties, because of the past economic down fall and now the fear of the current water situation!
so being personally vested in land intended to build on, i am willing to whether more time in a moratorium for the betterment of the majority of our community!
god willing there will be a solution for the current water problem!

Last edited on Wed Jun 6th, 2018 02:58 am by frankie

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2018 05:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Well, returned to Alamos to find the city water pressure isn't sufficient to push the water up into the two 1100Ltr empty tinacos on my roof.

However, I have a buried cistern down below, across the street, used for watering plants and trees that has a pump and water lines that run under the street up into my back yard where I have a dedicated hose bib and on/off switch. Honestly, I do very little watering as I just have a garden full of stuff that needs to learn to survive on it's own with the available resources and environmental conditions.

Ok. I've worked all morning since the wee hours, time to shower. So, in a minute, I'm getting my ladder and going to run the garden hose up onto the roof and fill those two tinacos from the water in the cistern.

First time in 5 years that I haven't had my tinacos get filled automatically from the street pressure. We need rain as obviously our rationing is taking a toll on those of us who live at a little bit of elevation here in the pueblo.

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
We had a fantastic rain in Alamos last night, beginning around midnight and lasting until about 4 am or so. A nice steady rain that soaked in instead of running off. somewhere around 3/8" to 1/2" at my home.

The night before, in the eastern part of the county along the Chihuahua border, they had a hard rain as well, with hail reported in some pueblitos.

This is great news for us, as it means the seasonal rains have arrived about 2 weeks early! Like clockwork for the last 4 summers that I've been paying attention the first rains have been between June 22nd - June 24th. We'll take a June 9th rain!! Instant humidity this week! Even today with the high temps, clouds and humidity it looks like it might rain again this evening or tonight!

Today, there was enough water pressure, such that the water was able to reach the tinacos on my roof.

Last edited on Sun Jun 10th, 2018 11:52 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 09:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Monsoon rain season is usually June 15-Sept 30 in Az if memory serves me right. Glad to hear you got some early, and the gentle kind.

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 10:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
Bullshipper, those are the official dates that were designated in 2008 for what they call the "Monsoon Season." Usually the first two weeks of that are dry storms. I lived in Tucson for 22 years, well before that, and the average start date for RAIN was July 4th. The weather reporters would remind us of that every year. Prior to 2008 the "official" starting date was after three consecutive days of dew point above 55 degrees, but all that mattered to most people was when would the rain start.

Last edited on Sun Jun 10th, 2018 10:27 pm by kiteboarder

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Just spoke to someone who saw the schedule at the Comisario's office. Villa Hermosa is scheduled water to be shut off from 2am until 3:15am daily.

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2018 02:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
kiteboarder wrote: Bullshipper, those are the official dates that were designated in 2008 for what they call the "Monsoon Season." Usually the first two weeks of that are dry storms. I lived in Tucson for 22 years, well before that, and the average start date for RAIN was July 4th. The weather reporters would remind us of that every year. Prior to 2008 the "official" starting date was after three consecutive days of dew point above 55 degrees, but all that mattered to most people was when would the rain start.

good info, thanks!

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2018 02:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Contractors are now very busy installing tinacos so they have to fill, cutting down on what's going around to everyone else until they do.

The water leaks prior to water reaching the meters has to be addressed. Ranchitos is a mess.

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2018 03:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the water rationing schedule has no rhyme or reason. water is not coming as per the hours posted! in 17 years here i never seen so many different water trucks on the streets!
regarding the rains, see threads "hurricane bud" and "first storms of season"! bart posted southern az. has received rain, and looks like we will have a high probability of rain this weekend! looks like "bud" may make it up the sea of cortez!
http://www.eebmike.com

Last edited on Tue Jun 12th, 2018 03:02 am by frankie

Current time is 02:36 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Water Rationing? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems