San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New construction on right before Bahia road?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New construction on right before Bahia road?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
Right after the bridge on the right before going up the hill to the Bahia, lots of work being done. Anyone know what it will be?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Been told, it is to be a Holiday Inn Express.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
You know.. that Holiday Inn Express in Guaymas is constantly sold out. I have never been able to book a room there. I'm always told the large construction companies for the Electric Plant, Desal Plant and Highway buy up large blocks of rooms.

Lots of folks like to 'Go with what they Know'... especially first timers. When I first arrived in Mexico, I always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the Mariposa Crossing on the American side...

Holiday Inn Express is not the cheapest option as it will set you back nearly $100 USD a night in Guaymas, Obregon and Hermosillo.

Will be interesting to see how it fares in San Carlos. Hopefully the building is a bit more attractive than what they built in Guaymas…. a large grey/blue box...

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 09:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
If you are referring to the construction at dysfunction junction, it is going to be a hotel.  Have not heard the rumor of a Holiday Inn Express.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I think that "rumor" was passed on to me, by the owner of El Mar.

Posted: Thu May 24th, 2018 02:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Here’s another rumor I heard. It’ll be a Best Western...

Posted: Thu May 24th, 2018 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Angel

Mana: 
"Sawari Hotel" according to a Facebook page

Last edited on Thu May 24th, 2018 01:29 pm by Angel

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 02:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
If the FB page is correct, it does appear to be a Sawari Hotel, if you have FB, you can search that. Not much is known about the Hotel chain....but they do have a FB page, stating they are building here in SC. Thanks Angel..

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Don’t know about the FB post. It looks fake. There’s a Sawari hotel in Lebanon. And an article about Al Sawari holdings investing in India. The FB is associating the name Sawari with the saguaro cactus. Not sure this is all true...

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 02:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"OH", the intrigue….

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Not only that, but Sawari= In traditional Japanese music, sawari is the name of a buzzy sound quality, or timbre, that is often found in and/or expected of certain traditional stringed instruments.

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i was told from a reliable source that it is to be 60 rooms, i don't think it is one of the big chains!

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
goldin

Mana: 
I don’t know anything, but this is interesting...
http://www.sancarlosjaney.com/2018/01/19/new-hotel-coming-to-san-carlos/

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
That article is interesting, since it says the purchased property is a lot adjacent to the current MarinaTerra Hotel — not over at the current activity on the spot across from Tortuga Restaurant and OXXO, on the north side of Beltrones.

So, are there actually 2 new hotels in our future?

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Well, I did the really nosy thing today, and went to the job site in question. I spoke to a toiler who confirmed it was a hotel. I asked him the name of the hotel, and he told me, he did not know. At that point he referred me to the jefe, he told us it was a marina terra project. It is to be 6 stories, but did not inquire as to how many rooms....that's my tale and I'm stick'n to it!!

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, that’s the rumor I heard, that it is a Marina Terra project.  But I didn’t really trust the source, so was reluctant to repeat it here, since I don’t know anything more substantial.

I would say the guy you spoke with should know what he is building...Probably Marina Terra management are the ones to ask

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2018 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Ok so who’s the owner of MarinaTerra and why would they invest in a new hotel when they could, less expensively, remodel? Makes little sense to me.

I had also heard that the second hotel would be a Holiday Inn to be built on Grossmans property by where the boat gasoline dispensive station is today.

Posted: Sat May 26th, 2018 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
hans

Mana: 
If is a Holiday Inn, It will be a Cement Block and ugly.....

Posted: Sat May 26th, 2018 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Btway, I sent an email to MarinaTerra asking whether they new of the hotel site and who the owner was. They nicely said “we can’t give you any infirmation”. 

Posted: Sat May 26th, 2018 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
I heard that they changed their mind about Holiday Inn and decided to go with lower priced alternative but they didn't know the name.

Current time is 05:51 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New construction on right before Bahia road? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems