San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Recent border crossing info?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue May 22nd, 2018 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Hi all,
In talking to a friend today who crossed going north 3 weeks ago, he said the crossing was 1.5 hours.  It was due to only TWO gates being open for the toll road traffic, the rest of the open gates were for Nogales downtown traffic.

Since there have been a lot of people going north in the last few weeks, I’m surprised no one has posted here about the reduction in gates available to travelers from the toll road.

Anyone here made a crossing recently, and can give info on how many gates were allotted to downtown or toll road travelers, and how long the crossing took?

Thanks...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 12:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
JCB

Mana: 
All gates are available to all people crossing.  You just have to make your decision immediately after you cross the fence.  The real problem is that they never have more than 4 or 5 of the total of about 11 gates open.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 01:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
The problem is the bottle neck where the intown cars meet the toll cars......MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We crossed a nearly 3 weeks ago on a Friday. Went toward Mariposa crossing where the road divides and also goes through Nogales. Almost instantly noticed trucks bumper to bumper and not moving. We could not get out and were near 2 hours making a mile to the single "auto" lane to the Aduana. Trucks were actually going North against traffic across the barriers. The cars avoided them, the trucks did not dodge. They would then cut in up in front of the Northbound lane and stall every vehicle again. Saw no Federales or Petrulla. If a driver did such a thing in the states, his CDL would be pulled and the owner heavily fined with possible forfeiture of the DOT Authority, also stays on record about forever. I know, not the states. Also new to us, 2 tiny 3 month old puppies with shots and records and health certificate were near turned back. The pups must have shots (rabies) at 3 months and that shot must be given 30 days before crossing. So more or less, no pup can cross legally under 4 months of age. The gent taking the tolls just above the aduana advised us to go through Nogales from now on, that the truckers had been blocking and driving North on both sides and had little regard for cars or safety. We came back down Sat. through Nogales from Mariposa MX. aduana and no trucks. I tried to look from the Nogales side of the "Y" down there but could not see.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 12:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
We crossed on Sunday morning, got to the Mariposa crossing at 10:10. Took 40 minutes to get across. Not too bad. They have changed up the barricades. The Nogales traffic is now kept seperate from the toll road traffic, no more fighting for possition. Three gates were open for downtown traffic,and three gates for the toll road.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks, m m.
That description is pretty much what I encountered in April when I crossed.
The concrete barricades have been there separating the toll road and downtown traffic for about a year now.
It was the number of gates available to each that was my question.  As I mentioned in my original post, my friend’s experience 3 weeks ago was that toll road traffic was allowed 2 gates, downtown traffic 4 gates.  It took him 1.5 hours to cross.

So I’m gathering current information to decide if I use the toll road lanes, or take the route through Nogales to be in the downtown lanes at Mariposa in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your info.

Last edited on Wed May 23rd, 2018 02:38 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
The downtown traffic was very heavy, backed up a long way. Probably the reason they have more gates open at times for them. Would really be nice if they open and staff a few more of the 15 or so gates they have. There were about 15 agents just standing around coffee clutching in secondary when we drove through. 

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
There is a point where downtown and toll traffic meet. At that point it is two lanes and there is a break in the K-rails, where downtown traffic have the opportunity to veer left into the toll traffic, or remain in their downtown lane and continue on. This is the point of complete chaos. It continues (no matter what lane you are in) as only two lanes until you reach a point where you opt for your route of choice to the inspector, there it fans out.

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Not any more. Solid now !

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Wrong, I was there yesterday, unless you are referring from 10 am yesterday, until now, there has been a change.

Last edited on Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:44 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
Yes, yesterday there was a opening in the barricades, you could pick either but had to be quick about it.

Posted: Thu May 24th, 2018 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
maryt

Mana: 
We crossed downtown going north on Sunday. We got there around 12:30 (the point where all the traffic crossing stopped) and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. We checked online prior to choosing and Mariposa was running about 5 minutes longer according to their site.

Posted: Thu May 24th, 2018 12:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Wow...well, that kills any thoughts of the Diconcini crossing being faster.

Thanks for the info.

Current time is 05:30 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Recent border crossing info? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems