San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Citizenship/Naturalization New Exam and Requirements

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Citizenship/Naturalization New Exam and Requirements  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 06:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: odywyerpw, Glad you finally got through it. They will give you a birth certificate from Mexico. It will be longer then legal size, and that is what they use for your birth certificate in the future. You had mentioned something in your previous posts, so I thought I would clarify for you.

Kim,

I have to ask... Do I request it or does it just show in Hermosillo one day for me to fetch it?

I was told at the ceremony that I only needed the Letter that I received to get my passport. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Bullshipper, I have renewed my US passport twice since becoming a Mexican National. I have had no problem at all either time. And renewing my mexican passport was done in 40 min at the mexican consulate. (while I waited), left with my new one.

Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: Bullshipper, I have renewed my US passport twice since becoming a Mexican National. I have had no problem at all either time. And renewing my mexican passport was done in 40 min at the mexican consulate. (while I waited), left with my new one.

My experience was different. When I tried to renew my US P by mail, they requested a phone interview by letter.
They wanted to know why I wanted 2 nationalities, and if I had to give one up which would it be?

I responded that I was born an american and had gotten my Mexican naturalization to end the yearly cycle of applying for FM3's but that I would give up the Mexican passport if it endangered my US Citezenship.  

Then they asked me to submit current USA tax returns, again by mail.

After that they granted it, but the extra time inconvenienced my travel plans, and that's why I mentioned it.

When my wife got her USA nautralization, they confiscated her Green card. The problem there was we had also planned to travel right after her ceremony so we had to go to San Diego to do a one day application, and demonstrate why we needed to be back in Mexico using hotel reservations. Extra cost and worry of course.

Last edited on Wed Apr 10th, 2019 12:01 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Aug 5th, 2019 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
joejohnstun

Mana: 
Wish I'd found this thread before I got naturalized. So much useful info! I just got my Carta de Naturalizacion last October, 2018.

I was wondering if anyone has info about paying your taxes after becoming a Mexican citizen (while still being a US citizen).

Do I now need to go to Hacienda & set myself up for double taxation? I work as a freelancer in various jobs, with no fixed, provable, or stable income.

What do you guys do with your Mexican/US taxes?

Posted: Mon Aug 5th, 2019 11:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I make no money in Mexico, so I do not pay any taxes there. When I lived there, I paid my taxes there. There is no double taxation. If you made your money in Mexico, you file in the states, and say what you paid in taxes in Mexico for your income there. Never a problem. Now I just pay taxes in the states. No issues with transitioning.

Current time is 05:05 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Citizenship/Naturalization New Exam and Requirements Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems