San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Agape Food Bank Donations  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 3rd, 2018 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
CherryBlossum

Mana: 
We had another successful delivery of food boxes to low income families and an orphanage this week.  THANK YOU SAN CARLOS FOR GIVING!!  Please pass the word around town that our drop off locations for donations are red boxes in both gyms and American Dental.  We deliver monthly to homes in San Carlos that are very small with often only one or two rooms and sparce belongings.  Many of us do not realize how very poor some families are in our community.  Attached is a picture of some cute kids happy to receive a box of food.  Visit our website at http://www.agapesancarlos.com for more pictures and information. 

Attachment: IMG_2868.jpg (Downloaded 163 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2018 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Would it not been healthier to deliver some fresh fruits and vegetables, instead those unhealthy food choices ?
Just saying !!!

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2018 09:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
CherryBlossum

Mana: 
It just happens that the bag of tortillas is on top and it was donated.  Half of what we deliver is donated and the remaining we purchase.  At this time we are sticking to non-perishable foods which includes rice, beans, tuna, mayo, oil, milk, juice, canned veggies and canned fruit etc.  We do not purchase junk food or candy but deliver it if it is donated.  Thanks for your comment!

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
No good deed goes un-critiqued.

I say "Bravo for your good deeds Agape".

If camper wanted it done differently he/she should have got up from the computer and gone and done it themselves.

Just Saying.

Last edited on Sat May 5th, 2018 02:16 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Totally agree Jimmy....get off your butt and help or zip your lip!!! Just because these children are from poor families, does not mean they don't deserve a little treat once in awhile!!

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I must say that the problem that I have trouble with is; World Wide.

A couple who can barely take care of themselves having several children!

Just Saying.

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Well Jimmy, I believe you have religion to blame for that, by denying birth control on religious grounds!

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
aligato wrote: Well Jimmy, I believe you have religion to blame for that, by denying birth control on religious grounds!my, my, my, placing food on the table would be my priority how ever it came before purchasing birth control! the church condones sex for procreation, not pleasure,hahahahaha!!! i suppose you would want to take what little pleasures they have in life!! 
 the comments regarding the food choices, where shallow and not thoughtful!!when was the last time you placed tortilla or potato chips under the heavier items??? please!!!
i applaud the efforts of anyone or any group who are concerned of the welfare of others!!!!!!
keep up the good work!

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Well done Cherry blossom, If you are not spending money on Junk food , but items they can cook a meal out of it.
Just for the record of some other comments. What do you know I am doing to help others ??
I have no need to advertise it here .
Franky , for your record , You would never find at my house any bags of those food you mention. Not even touching them when they are offered for free at any restaurants.
Just saying, we have enough sick people around , no need to help them to get there sooner.

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
post #7, that is really funny. An alley cat demeaning religion.

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 09:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Ah, come on Camper....Give us something that we can criticize about you.

Or maybe your charitable contributions are without fault. I am certain that they are in Your Eyes.

I would be more comfortable if you did not "Taint" others good intentions with your strict definitions of what You think is right. Not everyone thinks the same as you do.

Live and let Live.

Last edited on Sat May 5th, 2018 09:09 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2018 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankie

Mana: 
camper, as best i can observe from the photo, they appear to be tortilla chips.
tortillas have be part of the diet here since way before europeans arrived!
why discredit the righteous efforts of agape????
for me seeing the smile on those children's faces out weighs your personal pompous comments!

Posted: Sun May 6th, 2018 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
sad sigh

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2018 01:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Any and All help to Any and All needy, should be greatly lauded by All.

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2018 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Yes ...It is true... best to give food that has nutritional value vs food that is loaded with empty calories/sugar... But when you are hungry and in need of food you become grateful for any thing in your belly.... and LOVE also fills the heart and soul...so there is your answer about  having several children....It's the only thing they can afford ...the sex is free and fulfilling... regardless of religion...AGAPE...great job giving back to the community...

Current time is 09:22 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Agape Food Bank Donations Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems