San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Electrician  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
goldin

Mana: 
Got shocked in the shower when touching the shower head. Help!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Not an electrician or even a novice, but please get that looked at. Were I do guess, I would think maybe your home is not grounded. I would drop a PM to Frankie, I think he would head you in the correct direction.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Some Mexican electricians don't believe in grounding their systems. Others fail to follow a color code when wiring a house. Why am I not surprised with your comment?

I strongly recommend that you find a competent person to oversee any electrical work that you have dome. Years ago I had to rewire my entire house because some fool did electrical work without proper grounding.

Last edited on Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:57 am by ballenamar

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
I think the question was for the best electrician in town.  Any suggestions?  

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 12:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks for all your comments. Yes, I’m still waiting for the best electrician to show.

We’ve lived in this house for 13 years. No, no remodel or current work. This happened for the first time after a new wire was strung from our post. Could that be possible?

Last edited on Wed Apr 25th, 2018 12:19 pm by goldin

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 01:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Marco Cruz, Cel: (622)100-5547, I think he can help you out.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 02:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Yes Marcos is very good, JESUS ORTIZ GRILES  044-622-855-6864 is very good and more available.  Regarding your shocking experience, seems to me electricity is in contact with your hot or cold pipe, many times your electricity system will be grounded to a pipe, in your case a hot wire was attached to the pipe, if you can not find the hot wire, start to install dyelectrical unions, it is a union with a rubber washer inside to act as barrier. OK to PM me if needed.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
JESUS ORTIZ GRILES 044-622-855-6864 is excellent prompt and speaks english

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks for the referrals. I’ll report what I find for everyone’s benefit.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 03:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Thank you, please report on problem and the referral.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
in the USA we have the "National Electrical Code", the key word being "CODE"!! electricians are graded as follows apprentice, journeyman, MASTER!!
there are a few good electricians in the guaymas/san carlos area! most of the best would fall into the advanced apprentice/journeyman category!
this holds true with most of the skilled trades here, plumbers, AC tech, ect.!!!
many, many times for profit, SHORT CUTS are taken, with no supervisory control, IE; building code inspectors it has spiraled out of control and we as the unaware consumer are the victims!!!!!!
the term and designation "inginerio" is freely used!!!
you are only as good as you are taught, and the rules and regulations you follow!
I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL REFERRALS HERE, HOW MANY OF THOSE REFERRALS WHERE PROPERLY VETTED?????? 
CAVET EMPTOR!!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, understood, but....who would you recommend?

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 10:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Ok, no progress yet. CFE came and, although they said it was not their grid problem, the technician was graceful enough to check our meter and our wires on the post. They fixed some frayed wire on the post and re tighten the meter connections. They also came in the house and measured and checked all. Really thorough. My husband and a friend added ground connections, etc. I took a shower and got shocked. Back to square one. Next step the electrician. Will report back later. 

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2018 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
frankie

Mana: 
you are completing the circuit in the shower, your feet being wet. probably if your feet where wet in the kitchen the same would happen! if you have a tinaco or cistern maybe a fountain, check your wiring!
be careful!!!

Last edited on Wed Apr 25th, 2018 11:58 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 12:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Too bad you didn’t let the CFE guy do the WET testing for you, to show him it wasn’t fixed.

:shock:

Last edited on Thu Apr 26th, 2018 12:24 am by MARIGOT

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks for the feedback. My husband is thinking he may have found the issue. We will check the polarity in the bathroom outlets, but he thinks it may be the submersible pump in our tinaco. It’s two years old and it may no longer be sealed. We’ll test tomorrow and confirm if that’s the cause. 

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Very interesting problem, either the hot or cold pipes are energized, check each under all sinks to determine if it is hot or cold, for now put pipe insulation on the shower head pipe and install a plastic shower head, wear flip-flops in shower.

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 04:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Thanks Stephenjay, but I enjoy my showers without any gizmos. Today may be my last report and I hope somebody benefits from my experience. My husband tested the outlet in the tinaco room where the pump was connected. It was reversed. He fixed that and used me as the guinea pig for the shower test. I touched all the knobs and shower head under the shower, when the pump came on and off, and no shocks!! Problem fixed.

This is obviously not a perfect formula as it may have required testing all the outlets, but it may save somebody else from the headache. Thanks for listening, helping and for your patience. Stay well.

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
For $5 you can get a polarity tester and check you house outlets, and again after anything was changed or rewired. Also very useful in marinas, campsites, etc.

Amazon, etc.

Power Gear 3 Wire Receptacle Tester, Outlet Tester, 6 Visual Indications, Light Indicator, UL Listed, Yellow, 50542

Posted: Fri Apr 27th, 2018 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
You can also add a ground fault circuit interrupter as a safety. Highly recommended. https://home.howstuffworks.com/question117.htm

Current time is 10:32 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Electrician Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems