San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Property Taxes In San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Why blame the board for being surly when it was really only one person? The rest of us have just used novel methods of trying to coax information out of those who went (if anyone did!).

Actually, I heard tonight from someone who talked to someone who went to the meeting. The only thing they relayed was that there was talk about lots in the Country Club that are delinquent in taxes could be seized and auctioned.

Don't shoot me, that's what I heard.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 11:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
probably right Hook since someone is now showing a partial page on "Viva" under that tax heading that shows debt, etc and talks about "lots". If that was what they were given and just talked about lots then we know the meeting was not "up to par".

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 01:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: maybe there is just no way to spin the fact, that there is no money for our infrastructure needs!!
well it appears from the brief synopsis of the meeting, nothing has changed!

i would still like to know, how much san carlos residential and commercial real properties generate annually in taxes!!

that is an important question, THAT IS ONLY AVOIDED BEING ANSWERED!

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Well Frankie do you think the Comisario knows the answer to that question? Someone could ask him on Facebook, since that seems to be where he communicates from, and see what his reply is.  I don't have or use Facebook for various reasons. For some reason I have the feeling that even he doesn't know the answer.

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Back to the original situation, there are people on this site that are genuinely interested in what went on at the meeting. Why those of you that attended are not willing to share is beyond me. Post #1 was written by a person that has posted twice on this site...that does not give me much confidence in their position, but on that I could be wrong. Yet that heralder of the meeting will not respond, as to what happened at the meeting. Ok, don't speak of your experience at the meeting, speak to why you will not share that experience.

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
frankie

Mana: 
kiwi, when he posted this for all to see the debt san carlos owed, 84,000,000. + pesos from the last 5 years.
he was asked multiple times, " how much does san carlos generate in property tax revenue"
his reply was; "it was not important"!!!!
he announced to us ALL delinquent and ALL taxes and revenues, paid from and to san carlos would stay in san carlos!!
that he had opened a bank account to do so!!
this was all met by unanimous applause!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT MY SOLE OBSERVATION, IT CAN BE VERIFIED BY ANYONE WHO WAS IN ATTENDANCE!!!

Attachment: 20171116_142225.jpg (Downloaded 166 times)

Last edited on Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:13 pm by frankie

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, The people that are unwilling to share what went on at the meeting, are the same people unwilling to validate what you are saying....some kind of hex going on here...

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Frankie, thought the one that was posted on Viva an hour ago was different that the older one that showed the 84, etc. etc.  Evidently not and thanks for the clarification, etc. Last I heard it was unpaid lots on the Caracol and now it's Country Club.  What's next.

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
frankie

Mana: 
john, no i disagree! there where many who where in attendance! if you ask them personally the will not spin the facts! they probably don't feel comfortable stating it publicly as i have!

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
kargirl wrote: There is a meeting tonight at 6:00 PM at El Mar Restaurant in the salon. The purpose of this meeting is to address property taxes in San Carlos.  The presenter is the Director of the Property Tax office in Guaymas.  Get all of your questions answered.  All residents are welcome.  Refreshments will be served.  For further information please email Kathy Rodgers at karodge@earthlink.net

I am not a property owner, so I have no interest in the meeting.

But for those of you who want to know so badly, why don’t you contact Kathy directly?  She has provided her email address and name in the original post.

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
frankie

Mana: 
i booted back up the "new comisario" thread!!
READ WHAT I WROTE NOV. 17, 2017 AT 5:37 AM IN POST # 64!!!
ALMOST 4 MONTHS LATER WE KNOW;
* THERE IS NO SAN CARLOS BANK ACCOUNT
* ALL MONEYS COLLECTED FOR BACK AND CURRENT TAXES ARE DEPOSITED IN THE GUAYMAS TREASURY ACCOUNT
* ALL FEDERAL FUNDS FUNDED WENT TO THE GUAYMAS TREASURY ACCOUNT, IE; THE LIZARD GLORITA, PLAZA. NEW SECURITY CAMERAS!!

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 03:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote;

But for those of you who want to know so badly, why don’t you contact Kathy directly?  She has provided her email address and name in the original post.

good idea!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, you are probably correct. What is there to feel uncomfortable about?

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Ok, people. Please calm down. I went to the meeting. 
It was interesting in that the lady presenting offered a way to discount your Predial. Things I did not know about. 
There were about ten-fifteen people. There were a few issues with the Spanish/English translations. There were a few questions about LdM, where is the money collected spent in SC, senior discount cards, what happens with delinquent accts, etc.
The lady offered to come back to the Comisaria if there was a need.
Don’t shoot the messenger.

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
frankie

Mana: 
thank you golden!!

so there we have it an attendance of 10-15 people, apathetic or cynical your choice! 

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 

thank you for the answer but it opens more questions did she answer the questions what about  ldm where is the collected money spent

goldin wrote: Ok, people. Please calm down. I went to the meeting. 
It was interesting in that the lady presenting offered a way to discount your Predial. Things I did not know about. 
There were about ten-fifteen people. There were a few issues with the Spanish/English translations. There were a few questions about LdM, where is the money collected spent in SC, senior discount cards, what happens with delinquent accts, etc.
The lady offered to come back to the Comisaria if there was a need.
Don’t shoot the messenger.

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 12:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
frankie

Mana: 
john, i don't feel uncomfortable! i pay my taxes at the tax office here in january to get the discount they offer.
i support the private entities with their concern to make san carlos better!
i, as many would just like to see some of the infrastructure problems dealt with the revenue generated by our taxes!

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 01:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Thanks Goldin. VisitorSanCarlos, Someone I know went to the meeting and he said that she said she has nothing to do with where the money is spent. I know that where I live in the US, it is the mayor and council who decide where the money is spent.

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie you stated "they probably don't feel comfortable stating it publicly as i have!", I know you do not feel uncomfortable speaking out, my questions was to your statement, that others did.....why?????

Last edited on Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:35 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
frankie

Mana: 
some people are just reluctant to speak out, stir the coals, fan the flames, everyone has their own comfort zone!!! some are apathetic some are cynical, there does not have to be a common reason for not responding to posts on the different threads!
i have stated in many posts, there are sheep and there are shepherds, leaders and followers!
some are willing to start a campaign, others are willing to follow, some just watch and wait, some complain and do nothing!
it's all about what you are willing to personally want to contribute!

Last edited on Tue Mar 6th, 2018 02:51 pm by frankie

Current time is 02:59 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Property Taxes In San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems