San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Property Taxes In San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2018 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kargirl

Mana: 
There is a meeting tonight at 6:00 PM at El Mar Restaurant in the salon. The purpose of this meeting is to address property taxes in San Carlos.  The presenter is the Director of the Property Tax office in Guaymas.  Get all of your questions answered.  All residents are welcome.  Refreshments will be served.  For further information please email Kathy Rodgers at karodge@earthlink.net

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 04:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Well, I assume the meeting is over. Anyone go? Gotta report?

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 12:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kargirlfx37

Mana: 
We had a nice turn out. Learned a lot. Hope you come to the next meeting.

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 01:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
HILLY

Mana: 
Are there any plans to fix the Loma road?

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 03:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
kargirlfx37 wrote: We had a nice turn out. Learned a lot. Hope you come to the next meeting.

There are more scheduled? When are they?

Any talk about the elephant in the room.............the delinquent property owners who dont pay their taxes?

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 05:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Hook you have much to say...Why don't you go to the meeting and ask for yourself??

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Find it amazing that no one wants to post any information on the tax meeting yesterday. Did they all take a "secret oath" not to tell what they heard or were they "newbies" that didn't know the problems in the first place.  This is referring to both boards.

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 03:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
maryt

Mana: 
People don´t owe you a summary of the meeting. You chose not to go for whatever reason. I chose not to go myself. If someone wants to summarize it, then good for them. If they don´t, for whatever reason, then that´s their right. So sad, too bad.

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 11:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
as the past co-chair of the tax committee, the initial concept to my understanding of forming committees was to unite the community!

failure to inform the community with a brief and accurate synopsis of the meeting  appears to be dividing our community! 

condescending posts to people who where unable to attend for what ever reason, is not a reason not to share the meetings contents to all!

i can only hope someone who attended the meeting can spend a few minutes to share with all a brief summary and accomplishments of the meeting!!

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
This forum is simply a part of the overall way that communication gets done in our world. Why not use it that way - not everyone reads mexican papers - not everyone could go to the meeting. SO WHY HAVE AN ATTITUDE about telling others what happened? Some people like to keep secrets - some like to have a sense of power over others - some are just stupid about helping others understand. It's, strange.

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
LIKE button on #10

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
some of the people who are interested and who pay property taxes are not in san carlos right now I don't understand marys attitude i have no idea why the big secret what's going on here i thought this was a friendly board but everytime i check in i find its really not that friendly

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Something is amiss as asked at least 30 people today if they went to the meeting and they said no.  These were all property tax payers. Think it would be nice if they discussed where our money is going.....other than Guaymas......and how much. But who knows what was discussed.   This is a "friendly" board at least it has been for many years and just because there are ligitament (sp) questions being asked and individuals dodging the answers, etc. doesn't make it non-friendly. 

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 

Looks like the initial announcement and discussion over on Viva has been deleted. And there is no info here.

I think it's time for some good old fashioned speculation....

1-the presentation was a canned presentation and there was no Q and A allowed or

2-it was all in Spanish and <1% of the gringos on the two boards speak no Spanish or

3-it was a canned presentation with a Q and A but questions of importance (like who owes the delinquent taxes, how much does San Carlos generate and how much is spent here, when will the taxes fix what they are collected for) were ignored or

4-no gringos actually came at all.

I've never seen such silence over an event like this. People must be confused at to what was said and are reluctant to relay incorrect information.

Or, people are reluctant to talk about it because they could be viewed as being "political". 

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2018 05:58 pm by Hook

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Hook

Mana: 
OK, found it. I use the "recent posts" function and with no new information, it has fallen out of the first page.

I have not found a write up in any of the newspapers. I thought maybe Guaymas would want to appear to be inclusive to the public and get the newspapers there.

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2018 06:19 pm by Hook

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 09:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
This use to be a friendly board. Some of us do pay our property taxes, and could not go to the meeting. Some are out of the country, but have paid their taxes. Why the big secret about a meeting? Had I been able to go to the meeting, I would have been more then happy to share what was discussed. I guess this is sign of how people are becoming???

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Wow I think you should all take a breath. The board has nothing to do with it. Maybe no one went. I was to tired to got had just got back from Tucson. But most of you sound like little kids.

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2018 11:40 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Any bets on who will have the first coronary over the lack of information? Some of the posts ooze desperation. lol

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2018 10:37 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
What a fun group, the goal of the attendee's to give someone a coronary by with holding information. Medically, hope no one has a coronary, anatomically, hope those of you with zipped lips, try the impossible.

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2018 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
maybe there is just no way to spin the fact, that there is no money for our infrastructure needs!

i don't think anyone wants to give or have a coronary!!!

this is just the way it is here!!

most of us where just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Last edited on Sun Mar 4th, 2018 11:22 pm by frankie

Current time is 02:49 am Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Property Taxes In San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems