San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Information on new alarm system company in San Carlos

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Information on new alarm system company in San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 04:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I have more info on Cyberco. They definitely come to your house with the police after an alarm is verified. For their full service, their fees are $40 per month. But if you pay 12 months in advance ($US480) you get two more months free.. This works out to $US34.29 a month. Horizon is $US31/month. So the monthly rates between the two companies is essentially the same. However, with cellular capability, Horizon's up front cost is $US600 and Cyberco is $US200. Now that I have verified that Cyberco will physically respond with the police when there is an alarm, I have chosen to go with Cyberco. They do have a $300 peso per month plan which does not include physical response when an alarm is triggered. Cyberco is a known and well established company in San Carlos with a long history. I choose to do business where I have confidence and where the economics are much better.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 08:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Ballenmar Glad you made up your mind. But Horizon is 25.00 a month with cellular capability. You are also wrong about the cost of cellular. To all people do your own math and call both places and make up your own mind. There it a lot of false Info on the boards.

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 09:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Guzzi: I am really confused. The Horizon guy himself gave me the quote which I wrote. I am also told that he is giving different info to different people. 

BUT, the big difference is the much larger front end cost for Horizon. 

For Cyberco, if you choose their basic monitoring service PLUS cellular, Cyberco has a front end fee of $200. With no cellular, there is no front end cost. For Cyberco,the monthly fee is $40/month. BUT, if you pay $480 for 12 months in advance you get 2 months free after the 12 month period. That comes out to be  $34.29 per month. 

Horizon has a $399 front end fee for the basic service PLUS $200 for cellular - totaling $599.  Their monthly fee is $31 per month which is a basic monthly  monitoring fee of $25 plus $6 per month  for the cellular capability. All the information that I have received from both Cyberco and Horizon came from company representatives.

Last edited on Sat Feb 24th, 2018 10:01 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
If you have the equipment there is no as you say front end cost with either company.

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2018 10:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
So Cyberco must have dropped their rates - 2-3 yrs ago it was us$540 per 12 months in advance. No other options.

Posted: Sun Feb 25th, 2018 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
NIce Guy:

Right now it is $480 for 12 months in advance BUT you get two months free at the end of the 12 month period. So, I always figure the monthly cost on the basis of 14 months. While I have never viewed the cost of alarm systems cheap no matter who you are dealing with, I always had quality service from Cyberco. Their  regular policy was to join the police at the scene of the burglary. This guaranteed  that the police would arrive. Cyberco arrived first and was sometimes able to detain the perpetrators until the police did arrive. Then, after a Cyberco employee got attacked, they changed how they did things but did not reduce their rate. I decided to stop using Cyberco and went to a DIY system.

However, I recently contacted Cyberco to find that they had gone back to the original action procedures when an alarm went off. They call the police and go to your house immediately. So, I have decided to resume their service because response is important to me. I have known the family for a long time and I trust them !!! When hurricane Jimema hit our town, the Cyberco family inspected every one of their customer's houses and reported to each family via email. I was impressed with how much they cared.

The newcomer is a totally unfamiliar commodity.

Posted: Sun Feb 25th, 2018 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
If you want an alarm company for the purposes of security of your premises Cyberco is hard to beat.

I can testify their response time is fast , this summer I had 4-5 call outs to a commercial property I am responsible for that had a variety of alerts . Each time they either beat me there or arrived at exactly same time . 

The cost I have been impressed with as very reasonable for the service ( bi lingual ) provided.

They are well established , well known , and we know they are local .

I have no issues with the principles of competition , but if you are in the market for a security service - I would strongly endorse Cyberco and recommend them.

( Trying to get used to spacing working - awesome - thanks Bart ! )

Last edited on Sun Feb 25th, 2018 01:31 am by Ian948

Posted: Sun Feb 25th, 2018 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Ian:  I completely agree with you !!!!!

Current time is 02:50 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Information on new alarm system company in San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems