San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ProTemp Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Why doesn't somebody ask the Comisario to show the last 10 cases of property that was seized and sold for unpaid property taxes.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 04:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
posts #39/40, you are both correct!! that is and was the opinion of the majority who where on the counsel addressing this issue!
there is no separate bank account for san carlos. funds collected through the payment of taxes paid at the tax office here in san carlos are deposited into the guaymas treasury account!

my views and what may be considered cynicism by some on taxes should not take away the hard work being done by many "privately" improving our community!

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 04:17 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
AlS

Mana: 
OK Kiteboarder. I can understand your skepticism. What would it take to change your view on this? This is not an attack, I think that your skepticism is quite common here.

I am co-chair of the Consejo de Residentes for water and sewer. I have been in some meetings where some of this was talked about. The following is what I remember.

When the current Comisario was asked to take the job the question of budget was one of the important issues. There was no budget to be given to the Comisario - Guaymas had it's own financial issues and could not give anything.

The deal that was struck was that monies from back property taxes in San Carlos would go to a special account in Treasury in Guaymas for San Carlos. The Comisario worked with some of the big property owners with sizable back taxes owed and got 8 million Pesos rather quickly. They did not pay the Comisario, they paid the normal way. One of the neighborhoods was able to organized quickly and another 1 million Pesos was paid in back taxes. I am sure more has happened since those early successes, but I stopped paying attention to this issue as it seemed to be working.

Is that money in a special account in Treasury of Guaymas actually happening? That is the crux of the skepticism, isn't it?

There is another Consejo de Residentes that observes this financial activity and reports any variances. This Consejo reported in our meetings that this is actually happening. Since most of you have not been part of these activities, I do not expect you to believe that. I do and here is why I believe it:

The Comisario had *no* budget to start. Are there any changes happening in San Carlos that are NOT being paid by some other group? Remember the series of potholes in front of El Bronco? Somehow that got fixed. Have you noticed that a lot more of the street lights are operating? How about the garbage pickup in San Carlos when PASA was not back in December? More garbage bins and collections on the beaches? I am sure there are lots more that I don't know about - as my concerns focus on Water and Sewer.

One of the challenges with public services is the public generally only notices what is NOT good or NOT working. This is normal. We expect garbage to be picked up. We expect water when we turn on a faucet. We expect the roads ... We seldom notice when *more* of the street lights are working - we tend to see only the ones that still are not. We tend not to notice that the past few weeks the water has been more consistently available than a month or two before that.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
frankie

Mana: 
AlS wrote: OK Kiteboarder. I can understand your skepticism. What would it take to change your view on this? This is not an attack, I think that your skepticism is quite common here.

How about the garbage pickup in San Carlos I am sure there are lots more that I don't know about - as my concerns focus on Water and Sewer.

One of the challenges with public services is the public generally only notices what is NOT good or NOT working. This is normal. We expect garbage to be picked up. We expect water when we turn on a faucet. We expect the roads ... We seldom notice when *more* of the street lights are working - we tend to see only the ones that still are not. We tend not to notice that the past few weeks the water has been more consistently available than a month or two before that.
the garbage was picked up???? this is where it was dumped and stayed for 6 weeks.we where told there was permission given from the land owner!!in the USA this would have been declared a "HAZMAT" area!!!

PM Quote Reply
45th Post
frankie

Mana: 

Attachment: 20171224_112029.jpg (Downloaded 154 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:37 pm by frankie

PM Quote Reply
46th Post
frankie

Mana: 

Attachment: 20171224_112328.jpg (Downloaded 153 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:31 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the photos where taken in ranchitos near the power substation.

Attachment: 20171224_112007.jpg (Downloaded 153 times)

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
i seriously question a separate bank account and i doubt there is a single written document to back up the claim that the taxes will come back to san carlos there has never been a shred of evidence on the statements that have been made in that regard a million pesos in back taxes should be about 54000 dollars from where i will believe it when i see a photocopy of a bank savings or checking account with that amount deposited and in the name of san carlos evidence is required to back up these statements the residents of san carlos have been burned too many times to get sucked in again call me skeptical but that is what i am can you blame me

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
frankie

Mana: 
in san carlos; there is a lot of selective:
 HEARING
 SEEING
 SPEAKING
very little fact checking!!!

remember paradise air!!!

Attachment: 20180209_173846.jpg (Downloaded 153 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 08:12 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
frankie i thought you were on the commisario committee you can verify cant you

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
who is on the committee

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
VistorSanCarlos, what do you think you are getting sucked into? Many of you said that the Comisario (whoever it might be) had no power and could accomplish nothing. Now you are DEMANDING proof and complaining that not enough is being done. Nobody is asking you to do anything. Nobody is asking you to pay anyone anything. So why are you complaining. Why do you even think you are owed some form of proof of anything. Who the heck do you think you are?

As for garbage. I don´t know the situation with the garbage that was picked up from my place when PASA was not picking up but I do know that I cannot go birding anywhere in the desert without finding piles of garbage from construction. How many of you have any idea where the garbage from your little or big construction projects actually goes? Can you prove it goes to the dump?

What is this about Paradise Air? That was a private company that took your money and was not able to deliver what it promised. Who is taking money from you that you haven´t had to pay every year anyway.

Relax and see what happens. It is no skin off your noses, no extra money out of your pocketbooks, no extra time doing ANYTHING.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
maryt wrote:
As for garbage. I don´t know the situation with the garbage that was picked up from my place when PASA was not picking up but I do know that I cannot go birding anywhere in the desert without finding piles of garbage from construction. How many of you have any idea where the garbage from your little or big construction projects actually goes? Can you prove it goes to the dump?

What is this about Paradise Air? That was a private company that took your money and was not able to deliver what it promised. Who is taking money from you that you haven´t had to pay every year anyway.

Relax and see what happens. It is no skin off your noses, no extra money out of your pocketbooks, no extra time doing ANYTHING.
the trash situation is a tragedy here!!!
there are private groups working very hard trying to keep san carlos clean!
that effort does not come free! IT IS EXTRA MONEY OUT OF POCKET!!!!
salvador macias has done more for san carlos than the other comisarios, TRUE!!
 he has been confronted by the same roads blocks as they, they resigned!
the problem is that there is no money!!!
THAT IS WHY SOME QUESTION WHERE IS THE TAX MONEY GOING???? 

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
mary as my handle states i am a visitor in mexico as are most of us here as a visitor if i was a tourist i would be put off by the garbage i see everywhere as a property owner i would be upset to see my garbage picked up and thrown out into the desert if i was a tourist in this resort area i would be upset paying rent and not being able to take a shower as a property owner i would be upset having to buy water from commercial companies at a high price and still getting a water bill for services not rendered and water not delivered if i was a renter i would be afraid to go out at night into unlighted areas as i property owner i would be concerned about the security and safety of my property with no decent lighting on the street if i was a renter i wouldn't care about taxes as a property owner i would like to see how my tax money is being spent so whether i am an owner or a tourist it makes no difference there are legitimate concerns it was posted that a million pesos in back taxes was collected for the sole use in san carlos I am interested in seeing how a million pesos is being spent to improve my experience here aren’t you

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
frankie

Mana: 
vsc , read my post #32

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
32 doesn't answer the question 1 million pesos from who and for what are you still on the committee are you being kept in the dark

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
frankie

Mana: 
VSC, i don't have an answer!! my committee was dis-banned! the co-chair resigned. we saw the list of delinquent taxes, but where never given the opportunity review it!

i was reassigned to study the purchase of delinquent taxes, i have done some investigation that would be fruitful for the treasury!

it is not reinventing the wheel, it would only be plagiarizing existing delinquent tax purchase programs in existence in many USA states!

in AZ if i purchased a delinquent property tax, i would receive upon payment of the owner of the delinquent tax 16% per anum!!

this is great for the treasury as it would keep the "coffers" full and the investor a great return on his investment! 

here poor behavior is rewarded, thus there is no incentive to pay!

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 10:10 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
re read post 43 where did the money go

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
In Mexico don't try to reinvent the square wheel.

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 11:08 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 11:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
#55 maryt - no "likes" so I'll offer a :)

Current time is 04:49 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ProTemp Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems