San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ProTemp Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
HAHAHAHAHA. I got the results I wanted. My point was made.

I am thrilled that I am still of use to the human race. Unlike others who have no productive use but to Complain.

Last edited on Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:49 am by Jimmy

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
All you got was afformation of things you have been told, your entire life.   Seriously Jimmy, I do respect you for your military service and your response to the disaster that occured last year.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Jimmy's expectations are just so LOW, that when a comisario sticks his head out of his office, he calls that progress.

But nothing has actually been accomplished except lipstick on lizards.
Meanwhile, the new WALL (not Trump's wall, BTW, a Mexican's wall) blocks a whole area of access to the beach in San Carlos. And that doesnt even make the comisario's radar.
Slip slidin' away...............

Last edited on Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:41 am by Hook

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Chicomickey

Mana: 
John,

To address your questions to the Comisario about when real issues of substance be addressed. You also asked when the Comisario will be commissioned. And when will he have a budget.

I can address your questions.

1. Salvador Macias has been granted authority as the acting Comisario of San Carlos. This was granted by the Mayor of Guaymas. If you are looking for some official ceremony that occurred...it didn’t. And it is not needed. It is a formality that is simply ceremonial, and at this point neither the Mayor of the Comisario has found time to go through the pageantry. Despite what a few people have posted on the Viva board, the ceremony is not a requirement to grant power to the acting Comisario. If you still doubt this, simply send an inquiry to the Mayor of Guaymas or stop by his office and ask him yourself. I have talked with him on a number of occasions so I can assure you, Salvador Macias is the current acting Comisario and he has the full power and authority to do his job.
2. When will the Comisario have a budget? He does have a budget and it is somewhat fluid at this point, simply because there is a basic budget and there are extra funds available through special arrangements. One is the collection of past due property taxes from San Carlos properties. If collected, those funds will all be available for San Carlos infrastructure projects. If you want better roads, help try and figure out how to get everyone to pay thief property taxes. There are also federal grants that can applied for. This is in addition to funding that we hope to attain from the Pueblo Mágico project. Pursuing this program and the designation of Pueblo Mágico could infuse large funds into San Carlos, which will be spent on infrastructure.
3. Then finally, when will real issues of substance be addressed? Well, they have been and will continue to be addressed. The Comisario has appointed a number of committees (made up of San Carlos residents), all of which have been working tirelessly to address issues substantial to making San Carlos a better place to live. We have slowed traffic in town to make it a safer place to live. We have addressed a substantial garbage “strike” and helped organize garbage pickup services while the issue was resolved. We have worked to fix a number of road signs, potholes, and other street issues. We have worked to improve the police force in town. They are truly here to serve and protect. We have worked to bring fire fighting equipment back to San Carlos. We have people working on trash prevention and clean up projects all around town. We are working on how to encourage residents to pay their property taxes in a timely manner and have started to institute a program to seize properties when property taxes go delinquent. These are just a few things we have been addressing in the past few months.

I have no doubt the issues you would like to have fixed are water and streets...namely the Loma Del Mar road.

Water. The current water delivery and sewage systems are being administered by CEA. CEA is a state agency. The Comisario and the Mayor of a Guaymas have very little if any control over CEA. We can prod them. Make suggestions. Use political influence to try and improve services. All this leaves us with the current problem. CEA is underfunded which is one of the main reasons our water system is in disrepair. Simply stated, too many people don’t pay their water bills. If they did CEA would have significantly more funds to make repairs and improvements. Why can’t they collect? It’s complicated to say the least. If this was an easy problem to solve, it would have been solved a long time ago. So, until we can get CEA to figure out how to collect more money, the situation largely stays as it is. There are other options to fixing our water problems, but they are also complex and we are exploring options and many possible solutions to our current dilemma. Our relationship and communication with CEA has improved significantly in the past 3 months and we are seeing progress. Small but progress none the less.

Roads, specifically the Loma Del Mar Road. Yes, we all know it is in bad shape. Anyone who has lived in San Carlos for more that a few years has seen the various temporary fixes. None have lasted very long. This road is used quite a bit and it also is a major transportation route for heavy vehicles. Short story, patching and simple repairs will get us the same result we have seen many times before. What is needed here is a major repair. The road needs to be reconstructed to accommodate the heavy vehicles that currently degrade them. And this is expensive. Which is why it hasn’t been done. We are looking at options but nothing will be done in the next few months. I wish this was as easy to fix as bringing in a few loads of asphalt or mixing a few bags of cement. This is a major problem and the current Comisario hasn’t been able to provide the quick fix that everyone seems to think will drop from the heavens. No one is giving up on this and we are fully aware of the problem.

Lights. We had some donated and they will be installed as soon as we can organize the project. Some new installations and some bulb replacements. We have a committee trying to do a survey of the lights to help organize the work. Each light has to be compatible with the existing lighting infrastructure.

So, the short story is that there are a number of very hard working people trying to make San Carlos work. They have all committed to helping the Comisario. And they are all volunteers. The Comisario has been working on a full schedule of projects and problems since he took the assignment. So, when will the real work begin? About 3 months ago. And we are still at it.

If this doesn’t meet your needs and you want more work done, please feel free to contribute. We are a group that believes in community involvement.

Hopefully this gives you some answers and insight into the real work that has been going on. As we have said from day 1, Complaining is easy, Solving problems takes time, effort, and resources.

Sincerely,
Mike Barry

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
 Mike Barry, I do appreciate the thoughtful response, and the time and effort you spent to explain. Thank you.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Thank you Mike, keep up the good work.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
SBT

Mana: 
Great response Chicomickey, thanks.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Why can't the list of delinquent tax offenders be published?

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Based on the commentary, I will change my views on global warming, because it seems as if summer has arrived to San Carlos in February! ;)

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Rich D, I guess (from what I have heard and seen) that the majority of the taxes that are past due, are from the wealthier mexicans, and it just isn't going to happen.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
long time resident

Mana: 
On one deal I did , why back when, Groupo Cabellero had never paid the taxes, on the lot that was for sale, and held up the deal for several months, while trying to work a deal with Guaymas, to lower what was owed. They ended up paying pennies on the dollar.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
Chicomickey wrote: John,

To address your questions to the Comisario about when real issues of substance be addressed. You also asked when the Comisario will be commissioned. And when will he have a budget.

I can address your questions.

2. When will the Comisario have a budget? He does have a budget and it is somewhat fluid at this point, simply because there is a basic budget and there are extra funds available through special arrangements. One is the collection of past due property taxes from San Carlos properties. If collected, those funds will all be available for San Carlos infrastructure projects. If you want better roads, help try and figure out how to get everyone to pay thief property taxes. There are also federal grants that can applied for. This is in addition to funding that we hope to attain from the Pueblo Mágico project. Pursuing this program and the designation of Pueblo Mágico could infuse large funds into San Carlos, which will be spent on infrastructure.

"smoke & mirrors" i am a member of comisario resident committee! i was co-chair of the committee to address delinquent taxes. we met over 6 times coming to the same conclusion! our recommendations fell on deaf ears!! my co-chair resigned and for the most part i was banished,  delegated to investigate the ability to purchase delinquent taxes similar to programs in use in many USA states!the 1st meeting we where told of the back taxes owed in san carlos, over 84,000,000. pesos roughly $4mil USD . we where also told that 100% of the recovered taxes would be returned to san carlos and that he opened a bank account!!!!it was asked several times by persons in attendance, OK," but how much do we generate in PAID tax revenue". we where told it was not important, what was important was to recover the back taxes!!!!  I AGREE THE BACK TAXES NEED TO BE RECOVERED!!! LTR, posts hit it on the nail, in the posts made!!!!in the general meeting held jan. 8,2018 at the san carlos plaza, the mayor of guaymas stated he "HOPED SOME OF THE MONEY "would return to san carlos!there is and always will be 2 versions to an issue!! that said regarding "pueblo magico" WHICH I SUPPORTED OUR BID 100%, i have heard from reliable sources has been awarded to cananea and cocorit!! i hope they are wrong and we still in the running!

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 11:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
When I searched for Cananea online as a Pueblo Magico, there are several You Tube videos from 2016 about it.

So I think Cananea has had the designation for a while.   ????

Last edited on Fri Feb 9th, 2018 11:34 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Thank you, Mike, for the post and the insight..

Bart

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
Posted today on Facebook
Today at the facilities in San Carlos, the participation of about 18 schools, universities and social organizations, as well as maquiladoras and government entities, is announced with about 500 attendees registered today , to a mega cleaning operation in San Carlos on February 25 in the framework of the move to clean our Mexico, LED by ing. Javier Garcia Teran and Rocio Zavala de te connectivity. As hosts the acting commissioner in San Carlos, Salvador Macias and the president of the cpvo Luis Arturo Mungarro Lopez, great also the chairman of the magical town committee, Luis F. Astiazarán, representatives of the kanak and social groups such as clean up San Carlos and trash bandits, resident advisers to the commissioner of San Carlos and the directors of h. City Council for economic development, public services, citizen s' attention and social communication. Participate! Contact us at the Comisaría San Carlos to really with the organizers of this event. This is a citizen movement with the support of the municipal authorities, they will soon give us more information.

Today in the facilities of the OCV in San Carlos it was announced the participation of about 18 schools, universities and social organizations, as well as maquiladoras and government entities, with about 500 attendees registered to date, to a mega cleaning operation in San Carlos on February 25 within the framework of Limpiemos Nuestro Mexico movement, headed by Javier Garcia Teran and Rocio Zavala of TE Connectivity. As hosts, the acting comisario in San Carlos, Salvador Macias and the president of the OCV Luis Arturo Mungarro Lopez, also attended by the chairman of the Pueblo Magico Committee, Luis F. Astiazaran, representatives of the Canaco and social groups such as Clean Up San Carlos and Trash Bandits, resident councilors of the Comisaria San Carlos and the directors of the H. Guaymas City Management for Economic Development, Public Services, Citizen Attention and Social Communication. JOIN US ! contact us at the Comisaria San Carlos to forward you with the organizers of this event. This is a citizen movement with the support of the municipal authorities, Soon we will get more information.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
frankie

Mana: 
some of us hear in both languages, some of us speak in both languages, some of us see the obvious!
which san carlos resident are you?

Attachment: 20180209_173846.jpg (Downloaded 128 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 10th, 2018 01:49 am by frankie

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
hans

Mana: 
Thats Politics !!!! But nice if they clean SanCarlos. But i think thats more a Political Issue.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 04:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
Posted this evening on Facebook from the San Carlos Comisaría
Public service staff of Commissioner San Carlos doing maintenance and painting work at our elementary school. Special recognition of the family parents directive:
Maria Cruz tacho méndez, President.
Karla Patricia Monteverde Pacheco, Treasurer.
Berenice Hernandez Andrew, vocal.
Judith Gabriela Murrieta López, vocal.
Jesús Vergara Andrew, vocal
For his incanzable work in care of elementary.

Public services staff of Comisaria San Carlos doing maintenance and painting at our Ranchitos Cuauhtemoc primary school a special recognition to the school parents assn :

Maria Cruz tacho méndez, President.
Karla Patricia Monteverde Pacheco, treasurer
Berenice Hernandez Andrew, vocal.
Judith Gabriela Murrieta López, vocal.
Jesus Vergara Andrew, vocal.

For their fully commited labor caring of Cuauhtemoc primary school.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
I recently paid over $14,000 pesos for delinquent taxes on a lot that I bought. Does anyone really believe that the money will be used to benefit San Carlos? Will there be any transparency with this supposed bank account? By the way, I would love to have my skepticism proven wrong before all this b.s. pushes me into the crowded camp of the cynics.

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
RichD

Mana: 
RE:If collected, those funds will all be available for San Carlos infrastructure projects. If you want better roads, help try and figure out how to get everyone to pay thief property taxes.

How can we do this if we do not know who owes property taxes? I find it hard to believe that foreigners with trusts are not paying taxes. $84 million pesos is a lot of dough. Instead of filing liens and collecting penalties, the more common scenario is settling for pennies on the dollar.

Current time is 02:52 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ProTemp Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems