San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ProTemp Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Are we satisfied with the job the Comisario is doing?  I wrote him the other day on FB, letting him know that I appreciated all the Rada Photos he posted daily.  I asked him when he would get down to some real infrastructure issues?  His answer was less that polite, but more,  lacked any kind of a plan for the water, trash and road problems.  Any other thoughts?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
I think he is doing a very good job. I saw his response to you and thought that he was very polite especially considering how you were coming after him. He gave you an answer and repeatedly told you what you needed to do to get the information you were seeking.

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"especially considering how you were coming after him"  Would you care to explain or perhaps post what I said, and how I was coming after him.  Maybe all the fotos he posts thrill you, but I been here long enough to have seen and been to all the places he has photos of.  All I was looking for and asking about was something of SUBSTANCE.

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 06:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
He posts a lot on FB, about projects, about news in the area, about the town workers, etc

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Palmadita, thanks for your comment. That is what I wanted to see. Opinions. I have yet to see any real commentary about infrastructure issues that effect, those of us who live here. Yes, the lizard round getting revamped and the SC plaza getting a face lift are nice...but that does not get water to my house, nor keep my wheels aligned.

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Simple, you repeatedly asked him the same question and he politely kept explaining to you the process to submit your request. That is hammering, in my opinion, and inappropriate. BTW, your reply to me about the photographs is just as out of line. You don’t know me or anything about me to justify that comment.

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Compared to much I have not "seen" before ,  and apparent current  progress , this Comisario in my opinion is :

a) Doing an excellent job overall 

b) Has made significant progress in standing up for San Carlos and her needs

c) One of the best organized I have seen , and exceptionally responsive. A perfect example would be his response to the trash issue with PASA - it was quick , effective and solved a community problem.

d) Approachable and willing to discuss as well as huge outreach to the community.

Progress is small but positive steps , anyone who thinks a magic wand can be waved and solve major infrastructure issues overnight  or in a sound bite is being unrealistic . I believe  far more will be achieved with positive support of the things that "can" be done accepting there are major things that will require a lot more political capital as well as huge funding to achieve. 

So in my opinion - our Comisario deserves full marks and our support .
:)

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Guaymas will give no money for infrastructure. This comisario has gone after federal money and has formed groups of residents for input. He is voicing his concerns in private to Guaymas leaders rather than resigning in disgust and burning bridges. I like him. One former comisario participated in the last road swindle. Others have been invisible. Comisaria office has no power and no budget. What do you expect?

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
fact; 
san carlos has no comisario!! salvador macias is the "encargado" "the one in charge! he will tell so himself!
san carlos nuevo guaymas is in the municipality of guaymas! 
the municipality of guaymas is controlled by it's elected mayor and counsel members! 

Last edited on Thu Feb 8th, 2018 08:15 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Thanks for all the comments, good to hear positive responses. Do hope all this works out. R, Federal monies are so earmarked, they can't do with them as they want, and the money seems to be going to semi-beautification project that are just that, and don't address the real issues.
Pony, you were offended by the photos comment? Then I apologize to you. Were I trying to offend you, you would be apoplectic at this point...but now I am learning things about you, and I will be more aware of your sensitivity.

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
three issues lights streets water no progress noted yet

Posted: Thu Feb 8th, 2018 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Its my take on things that all is focused on the Magic City designation and through that getting federal funds to do other improvements. Funds have been procured from somewhere to get started on a Plaza. A 1st step toward the Magic City.

I feel positive that he will get things done in the Little Drinking Pueblo with a fishing problem.

And I am especially amazed with the handful of Arrogant, Over Bearing, Gringos who Demand his accountability. They are truly the epitome of the "Ugly American"  

I have over 60 years in Mexico and 25 in SC. And all the other Comisarios hardly ever even poked their heads out of their office. 

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
How true Jimmy.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yeah, John, how dare you ask for accountability from a public official. You ugly SOB. ;)

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Hook, you are in the same boat. Gringos who expect Mexico to be like back home...And never seem to have a clue that it isn't.

In my minds eye I see you few at a Contentious City Counsel Meeting back home....Did you ever do that???
Or is your activism only in Mexico. What joke these few are.

Last edited on Fri Feb 9th, 2018 12:44 am by Jimmy

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Accountability for what? Water and sewer is provided by the state of Sonora through CEA. The police do not report to the comisaria office, they report to commandantes in Guaymas. The office of comisaria is an appointed position with no budget and no authority. He or she can ask the mayor for funds and if they say no that is the end. Beltrones is a state hiway and maintained with state funds. Same as the delfinario road. Guaymas has no money.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Hey jimmy (the braggart), are you looking for another disaster you can tell us all how valuable you were to the rebuild and rescue efforts. Your efforts to demean and condemn folks displays a certain amount of insecurities bolstered by an obvious inferiority complex. In your case the complex is fully justified.....off to the next disaster jim. Perhaps the Taiwan E-Quake?????

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
LTR, Come home my friend. Most of your friends here are not happy with what is going on.

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard, everything you have said is true. I can remember Comisarios, that got things done, oversaw police action, had the influence, with Guaymas, making it possible to get things done. I can name them by name, but will not. They would span about a 36 yr. period. You are also correct about the money situation, but there were times that this power and influence was enough to get more of the wealth sent back to SC. Days of yore, I guess. Everyone (jimmy) wants to demean those of us, that remember when things were much better here, do you all think we are making it up. We are less complaining than we are wondering, what the heck happened.

Last edited on Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:30 am by johnmoore

Posted: Fri Feb 9th, 2018 01:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
a tax paying resident no matter what their nationality should have the right to ask the governing authorities, questions!! they should expect a proper response! 

Current time is 03:06 am Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ProTemp Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems